Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Saturday, November 05, 2022

Saturday

55 degrees this morning and clear for walking.
A little breezy and
sunrise was at 7:51.
Walked 5.7 miles

Saw 5 deer on my way to town.

I mentioned the other day that I saw the Heron at the town pond
which is a rare thing.
Today he was back again and I did get a couple of pictures.
Not very good ones but the best I could do.


I walked all over the place in town today.
Couldn't even tell you the order I walked because it was very random!!

Quite a few people out this morning.
Rebecca walking Leo.
John walking Prim.
Lisa walking.
Then I saw Rebecca again and this time she was running.
And lastly Sheila was out running.  She drives to town like I do.

Progress on the bank drive thru moves along at a very slow pace.
These three walls took them 3 days!!


I see this truck often and always think it should read
Dawn to Dusk
NOT
Dusk to Dawn.
The way it reads they work nights.
What do you think?


The outbuildings behind the falling down house are getting some work done.
I was talking to Lisa about the house.
Her and Dwayne have bought a few run down houses in town
and have renovated them.
They have looked at this one and she said it is too far gone
and should be torn down.



It was pretty warm walking this morning.
Somewhat unusual for this time of year which makes it even more enjoyable.

☀️    πŸ₯Ύ    πŸ™‚

Made our usual Saturday outing to the Dollar General this morning.

Afternoon found us outside on a nice warm fall day.
We filled in the hole at the top of the driveway with rocks and gravel
where we took the tree down last week.
Now it looks nice and neat and makes the driveway just that bit
wider with the tree gone.

Walked around Happy Trails on a couple of trails.
All the leaves are off the trees in our woods now.


You might be able to see our house if you look closely down the trail.


We came across this unusual looking rock.


Once back in the house I read and knitted.

Supper was easy.
Some of the Bean Soup I made last week I froze and we had that
with some bread and butter.

We change the clocks back tonight so most of my walk in the morning
won't be in the dark.

Thanks for visiting.
Happy Saturday
πŸ‘©πŸ»‍🦳happyoneπŸ™‚

15 comments:

William Kendall said...

No herons here for the next few months.

Tom said...

...Dusk to Dawn does sound strange.

Deb J. in Utah said...

Hi Karen. I love the pictures of the herons. I agree with you, the company should be named Dawn to Dusk. Maybe they will come and paint your house in the dark while you are asleep! ;-) The leaves are off the trees here too and we are having another cold and wet weekend. See you again soon!

Lowcarb team member said...

Nice to see the heron ...

Our leaves are falling but a lot more to come down yet!

All the best Jan

Vee said...

Yup, they must work all night. 😏

The heron photos are good.

Hill Top Post said...

One of the good things about winter is being able to see deeper into the woods. Heavy rain here last night took off more leaves but there are many more to go.

Ginny Hartzler said...

You are right, the wording on the truck in not correct. Great shot of the Heron flying!

Ann said...

I agree, it does make it sound like they work night with it being dusk to dawn.
Wow, 3 days to do just those three walls. They do work slow.

Hootin Anni said...

You:ve heard of Ghostbusters? Maybe the company dusk to dawn are vampire slayers?!? πŸ˜„

eileeninmd said...

Hello,
I love the views of the pond, heron and reflections. Your Happy Trails is beautiful too. Take care, have a happy day and a great new week!

Victor S E Moubarak said...

The sign looks correct when the truck is reversing!

God bless.

John's Island said...

Hi Karen, Yesterday, Saturday, your sunrise was at 7:51. Today, it will be about an hour earlier thanks to no more DST. That is good for those of us who like to walk in the early mornings. Congrats on the Heron captures! And, absolutely, the truck SHOULD BE Dawn to Dusk. 😊

Beside a babbling brook... said...

DUSK TO DAWN... Guess that's what they mean. LOL

I'd not want to listen to power washing at night though...

middle of night, after going to potty, saw deer walking down the road in front of our house. there are woods across the street but small. hope she walked left and found the big woods. :-)

πŸπŸ’›πŸπŸ’›πŸπŸ’›πŸ

Bill said...

I imagine the name on the truck is right, I don't think they would approve and pay for it if it wasn't correct but you never now these days. We turned back the clocks last weekend.

Rose said...

Laughing at Anni's comment. I do wonder if you are right...I would not thought of it but I think it sounds good.

Oh, love that rock.