Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Friday, November 04, 2022

Friday

 Ken thanks you all for the birthday wishes
and says the eclairs tasted as good as they looked.

44 degrees this morning when I started walking.
Clear skies and nice to see the sun finally 
rise at 7:49

Walked 6 miles
Found a penny and I do say that little saying every time.

Find a penny pick it up.
All day have good luck.


Walked around town and up and down some side streets.


Then over to the industrial park and walked all the street there.


Danielle was out walking in the industrial park.
She walks most days but I just see her every once in a while.
We usually walk at different times.
We stopped and talked for a bit.

Didn't see anyone else out.

🌀    πŸ₯Ύ    πŸ™‚

Both Ken and I had books and DVDs ready at the library for
pick up so we stopped in to pick them up.
I am happy to say I got out of the library without checking out
anything extra.
We also got rid of our garbage at the dump
and stopped at the gas station to get some diesel fuel for the tractor.

Every once in a while I get on a crossword puzzle kick
and I did one of those this afternoon.
Always makes me think of my mother because she was always doing one.

Read a while and also knitted on my ripple afghan.

Thanks for stopping by.
Happy Friday πŸ•
πŸ‘©πŸ»‍🦳happyoneπŸ™‚



Comment Replies:
HillTop - Yes, you remember correctly, Ken bakes my birthday cake.

14 comments:

Tom said...

...that sky is gorgeous.

William Kendall said...

A lovely dawn.

Granny Marigold said...

Somehow I missed yesterday's post. Belated birthday wishes for Ken. The eclairs look great. I've never tried making them.
Your mom enjoyed crossword puzzles, my dad liked those find-a-word sort of puzzle. The kind where you circle the word once you spot it.

Deb J. in Utah said...

Hi Karen. Another good day for you. Glad to hear that Ken had a good birthday. I see you gave The Bitteroots 4 stars, so good to hear you liked it. I am going to be starting that one when I finish Cul-de-Sac by Joy Fielding. I hope you and Ken have a good weekend. See you again soon!

Debby said...

Looks like I missed yesterdays post. Happy birthday to Ken and yes, those eclairs look scrumptious. I’d have a difficult time having those in the house.πŸ˜›

Ginny Hartzler said...

I love your photo of the blue and pink striped sky!

Hootin Anni said...

Beautiful sky photo!! You had a busy day and lots accomplished. For me, I'm addicted to online jigsaw puzzles. Maybe I should find a crossword app.

Ann said...

I say that when I find a penny laying on the ground too.

Debbie said...

:) I always say the penny saying when I find one too :)

I love crosswords, but I also love the fill-ins, with numbers or words.
I used to keep one to do while watching tv at night.
Might have to start that up again.

By the way, those eclairs looked amazing! I could almost taste it :)

Sandi said...

Gorgeous sunrise. The sun'll come out tomorrow... πŸ˜„ singing.

eileeninmd said...

Beautiful sky, I like that last photo of the pumpkins.
Take care, enjoy your weekend.

Bill said...

An amazing sunrise.

LC said...

I always enjoy your walks.My walk this day has been .42 mile, around and around in our house with my rollator. I count anything over a mile a success. Trips to our Walmart usually rack up a bit more than a mile. You are an inspiration.

Lowcarb team member said...

Belated birthday wishes for Ken.

What a beautiful sunrise.

All the best Jan