Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Thursday, November 03, 2022

Eclairs

 The sky was clear and 46 degrees.
Once the sun rose at 7:48
I had the last part of my walk in the sunshine.
Walked 5.7 miles

Had a book to drop off at the library so walked there first
and dropped the book down the book slot.

From there I walked up and down the streets around town,
both cemeteries, and the ball park loop.


Most of the leaves are now off the trees but there are a few
around yet showing off their beauty.


On the way to town I saw the buck again in the same place.
The cemetery cat came over to get a tickle under his neck.

Rebecca was out running.
I saw Joy out walking.
We stopped to chat in front of the plot of land that was just sold.
She too thinks a tiny house would be good there.
The plot is only 1/4 of an acre.


πŸŽ‚    πŸŽ‚

🎈🎈Today is Ken's birthday.🎈🎈
I usually bake him a cheese cake but this year he asked for
Chocolate Eclairs 
so I spent all morning and part of the afternoon making them.
Click HERE for the recipe.

They are delicious but they take a lot of time with a lot of steps to them.
But Ken is worth it!!❤️


Did a load of laundry and hung it out on the line
on this beautiful sunny day.

David and Liz came over late in afternoon to have a
birthday eclair.

Thanks for stopping by.
A happy Thursday to you.
πŸ‘©πŸ»‍🦳happyoneπŸ™‚

Comment Replies:
Anni - My camera is my phone and it takes wide pictures.  I took a picture from the corner of the lower cemetery.

 








Then this picture in the exact same spot with the panorama setting on though it looks like I stepped way back and looks so far away!! 






16 comments:

Vee said...

Those eclairs are beautiful and look delicious. I am sure that everyone enjoyed them. Happy Birthday to Ken 🎈

Those trees are stunning. What a show!

Henny Penny said...

Happy Birthday Ken! I don't blame you, I would have asked for chocolate eclairs too. Those are the best looking I've ever senen Karen, what a cook you are!! Now I'm going to read "Purple Skies".

Bill said...

Happy Birthday Ken. I hope you are enjoying those incredible and delicious looking eclairs.

William Kendall said...

Tasty treats. Happy birthday to Ken!

Ginny Hartzler said...

The eclairs look gorgeous; you are a master baker!

Tom said...

...extend my Birthday wishes to Ken. Thos maples and eclairs look fabulous.

Mari said...

Happy Birthday to Ken! I think Bob would like those eclairs too. I saved the recipe. Thanks!

Deb J. in Utah said...

Happy Birthday to Ken! The eclairs look delicious! Thanks for the recipe.

Hill Top Post said...

Ken really knows how to celebrate a birthday. I know these eclairs would be very popular in our house too. Do I remember correctly that he makes your birthday cakes?

Victor S E Moubarak said...

Happy Birthday Ken. Many happy returns with joy and good health.

God bless.

Ann said...

Happy Birthday to Ken. Those eclairs look delicious.

Hootin Anni said...

Wow!! Those eclairs!! Just plain wow. Those brats cheesecake in my opinion. *drooling

Your phone camera takes the best pictures. Of course I can see the difference in settings thanks for the demo.

Hootin Anni said...

Ps...darn...forgot to wish Ken a happy belated birthday

Jeanette said...

A belated Happy Birthday to Ken. Those eclairs do look delicious!

Melanie said...

I've been trying to catch up here in Blogland. Happy Birthday to Ken! The eclairs look wonderful.

Robin said...

Happy Birthday to Ken! Your eclairs look delicious.