Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Saturday, November 11, 2017

Saturday's Critters and cupcakes

Ken took a video of the falls at Black Water State Park we visited on Thursday.
Click HERE to see it. 
Edit - the video no longer works.

 Linking up today with Eileen's Saturday's Critters.
 πŸ΄     🐴     🐴
 The coldest morning of the season so far with a temperature of 15 degrees.
Sure was nice when the sun came over the mountain and to feel
it on my face.

Walked around town, down toward Happy Trails, around both
cemeteries, and the ball park loop.
Through town once again and then home.
Didn't see anyone else out, but then I didn't expect to
being a cold early Saturday morning.
With all my layers of clothing on, I stayed nice and warm.

Walked 6 miles
Water feature in our backyard.
 πŸŽˆ     🎈     🎈
Baked a few cupcakes this morning.
They are money cupcakes and they are for the kids at Sunday School
tomorrow.  It's an annual event.
There are 60 cupcakes with money wrapped in tinfoil and then
baked in the cupcakes.  That sounds like a pretty good deal to me.
2 with $20
2 with $10
4 with $5
52 with $1

12 cupcakes have nothing in them but they are for the adults and they
are the ones in the front with chocolate icing and a dab of vanilla.

🎈     🎈     🎈
After lunch we went up to the house site and got the burn pile started
again and burned up a bunch of scrap wood and brush.
This is the latest picture of the house. 
Finished sewing the square together on the baby blanket.
This one is definitely for a boy.
Well I guess that's it for day.
Time to sit and read for a while.
Then watch Netflix and eat ice cream.
 
Make your day a happy one.
A smile from me to you.
happyone 😊

I am thankful for all the Veterans, past, present, and future
who have put and will put their lives on the line for the freedom I enjoy.
Thank you all and may God Bless you.

There have been quite a few in my family.
5 of my uncles
My grandfather, dad, and step-dad
Ken's dad
and Ken who was in the Navy for 20 years.

17 comments:

Cat Lover said...

Hi Karen, Ken's video of the Falls was gorgeous! So pretty.
Your new home looks wonderful, it's really coming along.
We were the same temperature as you this morning. We waited to walk and went just before lunch. Instead we raked leavers, it was chilly!
Your cupcakes look delicious. The kids will appreciate them!
Have a good evening.

Tom said...

...WOW, the house is coming along nicely. I'll stop by for a cupcake of two.

Pom Pom said...

The house looks so good! Stay warm, good walker!

At Rivercrest Cottage said...

Well, that house is coming right along! YAY.

Adam said...

15 degrees, yikes

Rose said...

I don't know where to start...LOVe that first picture. It is wonderful. Your weave-its sure made a pretty blanket. Your house is sure progressing...and I am happy for you.

Ruth Hiebert said...

The house is beginning to look better each time you show it.

The Furry Gnome said...

Great video of the falls, and a wonderful misty picture of the horse! The house is looking good. I like the front porch.

A Colorful World said...

Oh, that first photo...loved it! The house is looking great! Have a wonderful week!

Lowcarb team member said...

Your post today was full with so many good things, a lovely read.
I especially enjoyed the video, thank you.

All the best Jan

Ida said...

Nice shot of the horse. That was a "few" cupcakes?

ellen b said...

Love that idea of money in the cupcakes! Love that shot of the horse.

eileeninmd said...

Hello, I love the photo of the horse and the geese. Your new home is looking wonderful. The cupcakes look delicious, the children will love finding the money. The blanket is pretty, I love the blue colors.
Thanks so much for linking up and sharing your post. Happy Monday, enjoy your day and new week!

Christine said...

What a lovely post with cute critters & scrumptious cupcakes!

Deb J. in Utah said...

Wow - you have really made good progress on your house! What a beautiful place that is going to be. I love it. Can't wait to see what it is like when you are finished. Looks to be a little bigger than your current house. So excited for you and Ken! Have a great week!

o2bhiking said...

I love the new house. It is going to be gorgeous, and then you will have the cottage also. So nice! Thank you Ken, for your service in the US Navy. I like the water garden. I build one at my last house, a ton of work, but it was really, really nice. Then we sold the house and less than a year later, they filled it in!!!! All that work! But we enjoyed it while we were there.

Prunella Pepperpot said...

Your new home is looking wonderful !!!
I love the idea of the cupcakes containing money. What a lovely annual event.
A great water feature and your 1st photo is sooo adorable, I love it!
Have a great week :)