Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Sunday, November 20, 2022

Sunday

 A sunrise from the beginning of the week.


Thursday at Blankets for Babies I gave the devotional and since
it was near to Thanksgiving it was about being thankful.
I took each letter in the word
T H A N K F U L
and said what I was thankful for.

T

I am thankful for the TIME that God has given me on this earth.
TIME to enjoy the beautiful earth He has created for us.
I am thankful for the
TIME spent in reading God's Word and praying.

H

I am thankful that God has prepared a place for me in HEAVEN
and HEAVEN awaits me when I leave this Earth.

Revelation 4:21
And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; 
and there shall be no more death, 
neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: 
for the former things are passed away.

A

I am thankful for the ANGELS that God sends to help and protect me.

Psalms 91:11
For he shall give his ANGELS charge over thee, 
to keep thee in all thy ways.

N

I am thankful that God supplies all my NEEDS.
Not wants but  NEEDS.

Philippians 4:19
But my God shall supply all your NEED 
according to his riches in glory by Christ Jesus.

K

I am thankful for God's KINDNESS towards me.

Titus 3:4-5a
But after that the KINDNESS and love of God our Saviour toward man appeared,
Not by works of righteousness which we have done, 
but according to his mercy he saved us.

F

I am thankful for the FAITHFULNESS of God.
Through good and bad times God has always been there for me.
 
Psalm 89:1
I will sing of the mercies of the LORD for ever:
 with my mouth will I make known thy FAITHFULNESS to all generations.
 For I have said, Mercy shall be built up for ever: 
thy FAITHFULNESS shalt thou establish in the very heavens.

U

I am thankful for the UNDERSTANDING of God.
He knows me better than I know myself and He UNDERSTANDS
my strengths and weaknesses.

Psalm 147:5
 Great is our Lord, and of great power: his UNDERSTANDING is infinite.

L

Last of the letters but the thing I'm most thankful for is
God's LOVE.

John 3:16-17
 For God so LOVED the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.
For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; 
but that the world through him might be saved.

God LOVED me and you so much that He sent Jesus to forgive us
our sins and die in our place so that you and I
might live forever in Heaven.


Thanks so much for visiting.
A Blessed Sunday to all.
Jesus LOVES YOU❤️
👩🏻‍🦳happyone🙂

14 comments:

Tom said...

...it looks like your week is of to a great start.

Vee said...

That was an excellent devotional.

I baked the pumpkin bread and put too much of the batter into one pan. It didn't fully bake even after an hour and a half. Still,
the oven warmed the kitchen nicely so I wasn't too upset with my mistake.

Bill said...

...and a beautiful sunrise it is.

eileeninmd said...

Beautiful sunrise! Take care, enjoy your day and have a happy new week!

John's Island said...

I love your T H A N K F U L ! Thank you for sharing that! God bless you!

Deb J. in Utah said...

Hi Karen. This is lovely. Thank you for sharing. Have a wonderful Thanksgiving week.

Ginny Hartzler said...

What a wonderful idea! You are such a good writer. Your sunrise is specacular. It goes from purple to pink to yelow, like a rainbow sunset!

Lowcarb team member said...

Thank you for sharing your devotional.
Enjoy your Thanksgiving week.

All the best Jan

Mari said...

I really appreciate your Thankful devotion.

Hootin Anni said...

Great Bible verses used for each letter.

Ann said...

What a wonderful devotional. That was a great idea to go through the letters of the word thankful. It was perfect.

ellen b. said...

Love this post and all your thankfuls, especially how you included verses from the Bible, excellent! I'm going to try the same exercise. We have so much to be thankful for.

R's Rue said...

So beautiful

William Kendall said...

A lovely dawn.