Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Wednesday, November 16, 2022

Afghan progress

 It was cloudy, windy, and 33 degrees when I started walking.
Wasn't sure about walking conditions in town but it was
just wet and some slushy snow on some of the sidewalks.
Sunrise 7:02
Walked 6.1 miles

Had a few snow showers after a mile or so.
There may of been some frozen rain mixed in there too.


Walked around both cemeteries and continued walking


to the ball park and went around there a couple of extra times.
Walked around town some and then I went back to the cemetery
on the hill and walked around there again.

It is hard to see but there are quite a few geese sitting in this field,
you will have to enlarge to see.


Remember those trusses that were sitting there for ever so long.
They were used for the roofs in the sheds that are getting fixed.
It was just the top of the boards that were looking bad because
the other side looks fine.
Glad they finally getting used used!!!

No one else about walking that I saw today.

When I got back to the Jeep the temperature had dropped a
couple of degrees.

☁️    🥾    🌨    😊

Baking day again and this time I made 
Pumpkin Bread.
Like this recipe because it makes three loaves.
One for us.
One for Thanksgiving.
One for David and Liz to take home.

I've put aside the Ripple Afghan I'm knitting for a little while
to start working on the baby blanket for December.

This is what I've done on the afghan so far.


Deciding what colors to use for the December baby blanket.
Thinking Green, Red, and white, but haven't made my mind up yet.

It was supposed to snow this afternoon again but it just
stayed cloudy and windy.
Stayed inside again and read and worked on the puzzle.

That all I have.
Thanks for stopping by.
Make your day a good one.
👩🏻‍🦳happyone😊

17 comments:

William Kendall said...

We got snow last night here.

Tom said...

...I love the view down the road in the first image and the variation of the field in the last one is wonderful.

Rose said...

The afghan is coming along so beautifully.

Ginny Hartzler said...

The ripple afghan is beautiful, such soft lovely colors. Glad to see all the streets are cleared and don't even look slippery.

Deb J. in Utah said...

The afghan is beautiful. The colors are great. :-)

Granny Marigold said...

I like the contrast between the snow and the asphalt in the first pictures.
Once I enlarged the picture I saw the geese. They're well camouflaged.

Victor S E Moubarak said...

Snow already? It is cold here and very wet. Been raining all night.

God bless.

Ann said...

We got hit with snow big time last night.
Love the ripple afghan. I tried to crochet one once but I kept messing it up and I finally quit

eileeninmd said...

The snowy scenes are pretty. I see the geese eating leftover corn in the fields here. The pumpkin bread sounds yummy. I like the afghan colors, very pretty. Take care, enjoy your day!

Debbie said...

It looks so cold there! But I bet walking in that weather is invigorating! Thank you for always visiting my blog :) I love having you there :)

Have a warm and cozy day!

Happy@Home said...

I'm starting to see more and more snow scenes in the blog world. This morning we had a heavy frost, but no snow yet.
I think the colors on your afghan are so pretty together.

Sandi said...

It's good to see the snow. It makes being inside with a warm fire and hot apple cider sound so cozy. We don't have any yet, maybe soon...I am a bit the South of you, though, so we don't always get it. ☕️

Jeanette said...

That looks like a cold walk! They are getting 8-12 inches of snow on the west side of Michigan right now.

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

We watch the weather every morning and looks like you have more snow in the forecast. Looks pretty in your pics! Enjoy your day..bundle up!

ellen b. said...

That afghan is very pretty. Sounds like a relaxing day!

Bill said...

The afghan is looking good, I like the colours.

Lowcarb team member said...

I think the Afghan is coming along very well, I like the colours.

All the best Jan