Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Friday, October 07, 2022

The cow jumped over the moon

 No, not really but I did see a cow do something that I never
thought it could do.
I was driving home from my walk and saw an escapee cow standing
on the wrong side of the fence across from my driveway.
As I drove up she JUMPED right over the fence back into the pasture.
I didn't think a cow could jump like that!!!

πŸ„    🌝    πŸ„
Hey diddle diddle
The Cat and the fiddle
The cow jumped over the moon
The little dog laughed
To see such sport
And the dish ran away with the spoon.
πŸ„    🌝    πŸ„

43 degrees this morning when I left on my walk and
sunny once the sun rose at 7:20.
Walked 5 miles


Walked around town, the ball park loop and both cemeteries.

This is Flat Street and I'm on my way to the ball park.


The cemetery kitty was on the edge of the road going up
to the cemetery sitting by the corn.
She/he comes over by me now and jumps up on my till I pet her.


Lisa and Dwayne were out walking and told me they would
be gone next week so I wouldn't wonder where they were.

Driving to town and on the my way home I saw a couple of deer both times.

☀️    πŸ₯Ύ    🍁

As soon as I got home I changed clothes, we had a quick breakfast
and left for church for a work morning of Fingerprints.
It was the first time we worked in the new building.
Lots of room to spread out and the cutter sounded a lot quieter
being in such a big room.
14 of us worked on assembling the scriptures.
Ken and I were there from 9:15 to 12:45.


On the way home we stopped at MacDonalds for a late lunch.

Ken trimmed my hair this afternoon.
Just an inch or so.

I made pizza dough like we do most Friday's and Ken
made the pizza.  
A sunny day for the first half and then more clouds till the
sun disappeared altogether and it finally rained.
So we used the inside oven for the pizza.

Thank for popping in for a visit.
Happy FridayπŸ€—
πŸ‘©πŸ»‍🦳happyone🎈


21 comments:

Tom said...

...a jumping cow, something that I've never seen.

William Kendall said...

That kitty is a sweetheart.

Lowcarb team member said...

Can't say I've ever seen a jumping cow !

All the best Jan

Deb J. in Utah said...

Wow - those fall leaves in your area are stunning. It was fun to see a picture of your church working on Fingerprint books. I don't think I have ever seen a cow jump either. I hope you and Ken have a good weekend. :-)

The Furry Gnome said...

Pretty nice fall colours! And an energetic cow too!

Hootin Anni said...

Cemetery kitty stole my heart! The fall foliage is stunning. Friday pizza. A winner. ( No, I've never seen a cow jump a fence)

Ginny Hartzler said...

The trees are stunning!! Maybe the cow was a juvelille and was a lot more limber than the older ones! Still, what a sight that must have been1

Melanie said...

Amazing cow! I didn't know cows jumped that high either. The autumn tree is just beautiful! Our leaves are beginning to change here now. When they peak, I'll be heading to the Nat'l Park so see some color. Have a lovely weekend.

Rose said...

At long last someone else has seen a cow jump like that! I have felt like no one ever believed me when I say we had a cow that jumped over something that was higher than her head! And quite frankly, depending on who told me it without me seeing it...I might not have believed it.

Those trees are so, so gorgeous!

Mari said...

Those red leaves are so pretty!
I love the cow story. I have never seen anything like that either.

Granny Marigold said...

I'm another who didn't know cows were good jumpers. I wonder if she had done that before and had thought the grass was greener on the road side.

Connie said...

I love all the photos of the fall color. Growing up in the Midwest I miss all the color in the fall. There is a change of season around here but our desert area is just not the same as what you have back there. Nice that you didn't have to call the farmer or round the cow up and get her to a gate. I hope she did jump over the fence and into the right pasture, wouldn't want a farmer being accused of stealing another's cow because the cow got in the wrong pasture.

Victor S E Moubarak said...

What happened to the dish and spoon afterwards?

God bless.

Ann said...

What a sight to see the cow jump over the fence.
That does look like a nice big room to work in

Aritha V. said...

I wish I saw the cow. And yes, many of the cows can jump higher than you might think. Many cows can jump up to 3 meters high, especially young cows and larger breeds.

Vee said...

You sure have some beautiful foliage in your corner. I have never seen a cow jump so this was news to me. The moon has been especially beautiful the past couple of nights. Is that what made you think of the nursery rhyme? Cemetery kitty is most charming and a nice way to enjoy a cat from afar.

eileeninmd said...

Wow, the fall colors there are beautiful. We only have bits here and there.
The kitty is cute, it sounds friendly too. It would be something seeing a cow jump over a fence, I have seen deer fly over the fences. Have a great weekend.

Inger said...

It's lovely to read about a day in your and Ken's lives. I always feel at peace after I do, because it's a happy and peaceful life you share.And strangely, just the other day, I saw one of my neighbor's cows jump a fence too. I had no idea they could do that.

Bill said...

Never knew that cows could jump that high, it must have been amazing to see.

Beside a babbling brook... said...

Lol that must have been so cute! The cow i mean.

Order in pizza today. Per every sat. The pizza place knows who i am and what i want, when i call. ☺☺☺

🍁🍁🍁🍁🍁🍁

Jeanette said...

I didn't know cows could jump over a fence, either! That is too funny!