Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Saturday, October 08, 2022

Barn Progress

 39 degrees and cloudy this morning when I walked.
Walked 5.7 miles
Sunrise 7:21


On my way to town saw a couple of deer and a rabbit run
across the road
and a raccoon that didn't make it across.

Walked through town and down the road behind the Dollar General.
Took a loop around the ball park and then headed
up to the cemetery on the hill.

Me, Lisa and Dwayne, Rebecca, and Sheila were all walking around
the cemetery at the same time.
Don't remember that ever happening before!!

I took off down the farm road to check out the progress on the barn.
Quite an impressive cattle barn.









Continued my walk around the lower cemetery and then
walked down the main road toward home a short way and then
back to the Jeep and home.

☁️    🥾    🍁    🍂

Had to buy a couple of cards so we went to the Dollar General
this morning and picked them up and also a few other things
like tostado chips for nachos for lunch.  
Going down the driveway


Stopped once again at the library.
Dropped off a couple of DVD's and picked up a Anne Perry book
that was on hold for me.

Made the fringe for the last knitted scarf so now all three
scarves are finished.
Looking forward to surprising the librarians.

For the next week I'm going to be working on the yellow and white gingham
weave-it bedspread I've been making for the past few years.
I have 5 rows to sew onto it and one more row to make.
There is a total of 576 weave-its in the bedspread.
 
That's it for today.
Thanks for stopping by.
Happy Saturday😊
👩🏻‍🦳happyone🎈

22 comments:

Mari said...

That barn is quite something! Happy cows will live there. :)
Your driveway is so pretty!

William Kendall said...

That is quite a barn.

Rose said...

Your leaves are farther along than ours it seems...seems like there are more of them. And I LOVE them! That barn is huge! I would love to know the measurement. Though why I don't know.

Love that view down your drive.

Deb J. in Utah said...

Hi Karen. I just love how you are always doing kind things for people like making scarves for the librarians. Lots of progress on the barn. It's a big one for sure. I hope you have a good Sunday. See you tomorrow!

The Furry Gnome said...

That is some nice new barn!

Granny Marigold said...

Surprising the librarians with scarves that you made is a lovely idea. I'm sure they'll appreciate them.

Tom said...

...that farmer is spending some BIG money on that barn.

Ginny Hartzler said...

This barn looks more like a horse stable now. It is very nice. Your first photo of the tree is spectacular!!

Hill Top Post said...

My favorite picture today is that of your driveway and of the rock gardens. I am so enjoying seeing your beautiful fall colors. Because of the drought here, I am afraid we are going to have lots of brown this year. I can't help wondering if the barn belongs to the farmer who has the bulls. It is quite an impressive building to say the least.

Ann said...

WOW, that barn is impressive. They're working fast on that too.
I bet the librarians are going to love their scarves.
576 is a lot of weave-its. That's the kind of project that I get bored with part way in and never gets finished.

Victor S E Moubarak said...

Big barn.

God bless.

Anni said...

My gosh ...the bedspread must've magnificent!!!
Nachos sound good. And that barn...what a work of architecture...wow

Anni said...

must've...must BE

Hootin Anni said...

Let me begin again. I could see my comment disappear so if they show up (pardon my repeats). The barn is a great piece of work. Your bedspread must be magnificent!! And now I want nachos!!

eileeninmd said...

Beautiful fall trees, they colors are beautiful.
The Barn looks great, it is a big barn.
Take care, enjoy your day, have a great new week!

Linda said...

Beautiful leaves! The barn looks well built.

Jeanette said...

That is quite an impressive barn! Looks like it will hold a lot of cows!

Sandy said...

What a pretty barn! You had a nice walk and found some pretty fall color.

ellen b. said...

That is one amazing barn and so well planned out! I like your driveway shot...so fallish! Happy Sunday to you.

Inger said...

That's a huge barn. And such beautiful fall colors.

Bill said...

Beautiful foliage, wish we would have some that pretty. The barn is very impressive and coming on nicely.

Lowcarb team member said...

That is a big barn ...

All the best Jan