Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Sunday, October 30, 2022

Skies and a parable

 Happy Sunday

Some morning skies




Didn't get a picture but this morning on my walk I saw 
a rare sighting of a heron at the town pond.

πŸ“–    πŸ“–    πŸ“–

A Parable

Luke 12:16-21

And He spake a parable unto them, saying, 
The ground of a certain rich man brought forth plentifully:

 And he thought within himself, saying, 
What shall I do, because I have no room where to bestow my fruits?

 And he said, This will I do: 
I will pull down my barns, and build greater; 
and there will I bestow all my fruits and my goods.

 And I will say to my soul, 
Soul, thou hast much goods laid up for many years; 
take thine ease, eat, drink, and be merry.

 But God said unto him, 
Thou fool, this night thy soul shall be required of thee: 
then whose shall those things be, which thou hast provided?

 So is he that layeth up treasure for himself, and is not rich toward God.


A Blessed Sunday to all.
Jesus Loves You❤️
πŸ‘©πŸ»‍🦳happyoneπŸ™‚

15 comments:

Tom said...

...beautiful, keep looking up.

Hootin Anni said...

...and have a glorious peaceful Sunday yourself Karen.

Bill said...

Beautiful skies. Have a lovely Sunday.

Sandi said...

Wise.

William Kendall said...

Gorgeous skies.

Aritha V. said...

Thank you so much. For the skies and the message.

Mari said...

We had a message on this parable just a few weeks ago in church!

Ginny Hartzler said...

What gorgeous skies!!

Debby said...

One of my favorite parables. Beautiful photos

Hill Top Post said...

What could be more beautiful than those skies? There's a lesson for us all in this parable.

eileeninmd said...

Lovely sky captures! Take care, enjoy your day, have a great new week!

Ann said...

Simply beautiful.

Beside a babbling brook... said...

Your photos are delightful!!!!!!!!!

πŸπŸŒ°πŸŒ»πŸ‚πŸŽƒπŸ‚πŸŒ»πŸŒ°πŸ
"Hark! The wind is rising,
And the air is full of leaves.
We've had our summer evenings.
Now, for October Eves."

ellen b. said...

Always good to ponder Christ's parables. Happy new week to you!

Henny Penny said...

You sure get some pretty sky pictures up your way. Enjoyed reading the parable.

The corn maze in your last post looks like fun. I've never been in one. Would probably get lost and panic. :)