Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Friday, October 28, 2022

Cutting down the tree


 Got to town a little bit later than usual and started walking at 7:20.
Just wanted to walk in the light instead of the dark for a change.
It was 33 degrees with a mix of sun and clouds.
Sunrise 7:42
Walked 6 miles

On the way to town I saw 14 deer.
4 together, then a group of 5, and another group of 5.
All within less than a mile from my house.

Walked around the lower cemetery and then over to the ball
park and around there.
Back to the cemetery on the hill.
Went to see the bulls again and they were happy to see me.
I put my hands through the fence and a few gave me a sniff.

Took the picture of the barn where the bulls are from behind the Drane house.


Next I walked to the main street through town and up and down
the side roads.

The new roof on the library is now finished.


Lisa and Dwayne were out walking again.
They left a little later than usual too so as to not walk in the dark.


It was a beautiful morning for a walk.

🌤    🥾    🐮

There was a smallish dead tree at the top of the driveway
that needed to come down so we did that today.

Ken cut it with the chain saw and it got caught on some trees.


He pulled it down and over with the tractor.


Then we cut cut the branches off and I dragged them on to the
natural fence that I'm always making.


The trunk was cut up into logs for firewood.

We had good working outside weather and enjoyed the time outside.

Read a while when we came in till it was supper time.
Friday so it was pizza day.

Thanks for dropping in.
Happy Friday
👩🏻‍🦳happyone🙂

Comment Replies:
Ginny - The puzzle is turned over by taking a corner in each hand, lifting it up and turn it over.  Very rarely does it come apart.

Deb - No, we don't glue the puzzles and save them.  They get taken apart and done over again another time.  We have LOTS of puzzles.  Once in a while we go through them and the ones we don't want to do any more we give away.
BTW - I'm liking the book The Bitterroots by C J Box!!

18 comments:

Tom said...

...I like the barn with the green roof. The overhang is a style that I rarely see here.

Debby said...

I'm sure your area is historic - do you know the history of your property?

Such a beautiful place. You are blessed. It seems so quiet.

Mari said...

Such a pretty walk today! I think it was worth waiting a bit!
I like that barn and the new roof.

Deb J. in Utah said...

Hi Karen. I am so glad you are liking the CJ Box book. I think I will read that one after I finish the TWO books I am currently reading. I had to take Cul-de-Sac back to the library so I have a copy again and will try for the third time to finish it. I want to know what happens! I love your sunrise picture today. The library looks good with that new metal roof. You and Ken accomplished a lot on your property today. I hope you have an enjoyable weekend. See you again soon!

Ginny Hartzler said...

The sky is beautiful. The first two photos are stunning, and the one of the barn is calendar material for sure!

Hill Top Post said...

My favorite picture for today is of the red barn ~ as Ginny said calendar material. Taking down a dead tree sometimes can be tricky. I have heard them called "widow makers."

ellen b. said...

Sheesh. Never mind about my puzzle comment. I now see that you write on the back of the puzzle itself. That's really fun! Good job getting the tree down and moved.

Hootin Anni said...

Well, I don't like the term 'widow maker's. And yes, I'd like to know if there is any historical facts of TOUR property too lovely sky.

Ann said...

Wow, that sure was a lot of deer.
I love the picture of the red barn and all the fall leaves.
That was some job getting that tree down. That would be my luck to have it get stuck in nearby trees. That is such a neat idea to make the natural fence with the branches.

Debbie said...

The picture with the barn and leaves is beautiful! And what a great idea about building a wall with all the limbs! I think I'll start one in our yard :)

Thanks for commenting on my blog. I was so surprised to see that you visited, because I read your blog every morning :)

I hope you'll stop by again :)

Victor S E Moubarak said...

The first photo is truly wonderful.

God bless.

Hootin Anni said...

Tour=your

Vee said...

Beautiful pictures of the countryside. Getting the tree down and cut up is quite the accomplishment for the day. Firewood is always good...is it dry enough to use this year?

Bill said...

The new roof on the church looks really nice.

Beside a babbling brook... said...

Firewood.... Do you have a fireplace or wood burner? Don't think so, in this house. Remember a pellet stove, from last house, yes???

You are going to get attached to those friendly bulls!!!!!!!!!!! -smile-

🌲🌲🌲

William Kendall said...

The deer are getting ready for winter, forming groups.

Rose said...

Your photos today are puzzle worthy...especially the first two..and that big barn! They are gorgeous.

I am wondering if the CJ Box book one of his Joe Pickett series? I read 4 or 5 of his when they first came out and really liked them but then did not read any more...not sure why. It has been a while...I know the first I read I did not have a kindle so it has been a good while. I need to go look it up...

Rose said...

I did go look it up...so not one of the Joe Pickett series...all I have read were Joe Pickett. I don't even think he had any others at that time.