Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Saturday, October 22, 2022

Another Work Day

38 degrees this morning and clear and no wind.
It was still dark when I left and I could see a million 
stars and a sliver of the moon.
Sunrise 7:35


Walked all over town and over to the Dollar General where I turned around
and then headed over to the ball park and walked around there.
Lastly walked around the cemeteries.

A message was left on the mirror for me today.
HELLO : )

Made a short video walking through the leaves.


Rebecca was walking Leo and I also saw Lisa and Dwayne walking.
Dwayne asked me again how long the barn was and when 
I said 644 feet he smiled and said he thought it couldn't be that long.
I suppose I could have heard Farmer Marvin wrong so the next
time I see him I'll ask again.
Will keep you posted.

Walked 5.5 miles

☀️    🥾    😊

Another day of working at church on Fingerprints.
This time we went first thing in the morning and worked 
till a little after 1:30
We all got over 9,000 books assembled and packed up
on these two work days.

On the way home we stopped at Little Caesar's
and got a pizza and ate it in the truck.

Popped in the Dollar General to pick up a few things too.

A beautiful sunny day and in the 60's.

That's been my day.
Another good one.

Thanks for visiting.
😊Happy Saturday
👩🏻‍🦳happyone🙂

Comment Replies:
Vee - Yes supper was provided at church yesterday but we didn't stay to eat.
We also watch Pete!! 
Yes, Farmer Marvin is such a nice man and likes his animals too!! 

15 comments:

Mari said...

It was a chilly start for you! Nice to see the stars and moon. It was warm here - made it to the low 70's!
I love that someone left you a message!

Mari said...

Also, such great work with Fingerprints! That is a lot of books and will change some lives.

Debby said...

Loved your video. Made me smile.

Lowcarb team member said...

I too enjoyed your video :)

All the best Jan

Deb J. in Utah said...

Hi Karen, wow, you got a lot of books ready to go. Good for you. It's always so great to help bring others to Christ! I liked your video of walking through the crunchy leaves and hearing your voice! See you again tomorrow.

Tom said...

...walking through the leaves has been fun since I was a kid.

Rose said...

I love the sound of walking in leaves, as long as I don't need to be quiet. LOL

I looked up the Pete mentioned...may have found something I love.

That is LOT of Fingerprint books to get ready!

Ginny Hartzler said...

The leaves really do make a loud crunch!

Ann said...

I just love that sound when you walked through the leaves.

Hootin Anni said...

The rustling of the leaves is so soothing. That is a lot of books!!!

Victor S E Moubarak said...

It is certainly Autumn where you are. We still have to wait a few weeks.

God bless.

eileeninmd said...

Hello,

Loved the video. It is nice to walk on a chilly fall day.
I have never tried Little Caesar's, do they have good pizza.
Enjoy your day, have a great new week!

Bill said...

I can hear the crunch of leaves when you walk over them.

William Kendall said...

That's a lot of walking.

ellen b. said...

A wonderful benefit of living somewhere away from city lights is seeing all those stars! So amazing. Glad you had a good workday again. Did I say we finally were able to stop at the new Dollar General. They aren't fully stocked yet but they are working on it!