Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Tuesday, September 13, 2022

Windows and floors

 A nice cool morning at 50 degrees and once the 
sun came up at 6:57 it was sunny.
Walked 5.4 miles
Found a Penny

Walked through town and back and continued down the
main road toward home a ways before turning around back to town.
Walked around the cemetery on the hill and the ball park.

The three bulls in the barn yard didn't even get up when I
came by to say hi.


Took this picture from the cemetery on the hill.
Work continues on the huge cattle barn.
Pretty far away so you'll have to enlarge the picture to see.


John and Prim were out walking as well as Lisa
and Rebecca.

Snapped a couple pictures walking along.



Love these nice cool sunny mornings.

☀️    🥾    🍁    😊

A quick trip to the Shop and Save this morning to get a few things.

Washed a couple of windows.
I like to do a few a day then the job doesn't seem so big.
Washed 3/4 of the hardwood floors in the house.
I just use a damp rag on them.
Still get down on my hands and knees to wash floors.
We take our shoes off once we are in the house so the floors
don't get all that dirty.
Will finish that job tomorrow.

Thanks for popping in for a visit.
Happy Tuesday🙂
👩🏻‍🦳happyone🎈

Comment Replies:
Ann - I'm sure you've had fried bread before - it is French toast. 

15 comments:

Tom said...

...we are tearing our house apart for major renovations, what a mess. I hope that we live through it all.

William Kendall said...

The bulls prefer a rest today.

Deb J. in Utah said...

Hi Karen. We clean our wood floors with a wood floor cleaner called Bona. If I got down on my hands and knees to wash my floors, I would never get back up. ;-) Sounds like you had a nice, productive day. See you again tomorrow!

Rose said...

I like that photo that includes the fence at the side...I just always love a photo with a fence in it such as that. And I like the long shadows. I also wonder what the dimensions of that barn are--it does look huge.

Ginny Hartzler said...

Oh my goodness, you must have very good knees!!! And back as well.

Victor S E Moubarak said...

You're always so busy. Good for you.

God bless.

Hootin Anni said...

I too get down on hands & knees to scrub. Great photos from new camera.

eileeninmd said...

Hello,
Luckily my hubby does the floor washing, I do the vacuuming.
Love the views of the distant barn and the bulls.
Take care, enjoy your day!

Sandi said...

That is the bull equivalent of sitting in front of the tv! 😂

Vee said...

I think you must get down on your hands and knees for exercise. My knees are in rough shape and could not tolerate that kind of pressure. I remember Bob Barker's wife once sharing that he gave her knee pads for her birthday since she like scrubbing floors on her hands and knees.

Looks like pretty days have arrived...and lovely temps.

Jeanette said...

Looks like the bulls were feeling lazy on that beautiful morning!

Ann said...

Looks like a beautiful morning.
The problem with getting down on hands and knees to do floors is you have to have a plan on how to get back up...lol
Yes, I guess I have had fried bread. I've never heard French toast called that before. I haven't had it in a long time but I love it.

Debby said...

We’ve had some cool 80 degree days and cool nights. It’s been heaven.

Ruta M. said...

Oh what is in a name? When I see 'French toast' I assume it's what we called eggy bread, bread dipped in beaten egg and milk (no sugar) and fried while in the UK fried bread is simply that, bread fried in oil or fat, bacon or sausage fat is the best and eaten with other fried breakfast items. Which version did you make?

Lowcarb team member said...

You are enjoying some lovely weather in your morning walks ... great photographs.

All the best Jan