Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Monday, September 12, 2022

Monday

We got 2 inches of rain over night but when I left the house this morning  
for my walk it had stopped and was
63 degrees and cloudy.

With the sunrise at 6:57 it is now dark when I leave the house.

When I first started walking there was a very light mist but
 ended after a couple of minutes.
For about 15 minutes during my walk the sky looked like this
before turning all clouds again.


Walked through town and back and then around the ball park loop
and both cemeteries.
Headed down the road toward home a ways before turning around
and went back to town.
By the time I got back to town a light mist was falling again.


The bulls in front of the Drane house.


Saw John and his dog Prim walking up by the cemetery
and ran into Lisa on the main road.
Stopped to talk for a little while with both of them.
Joy was out too but she didn't see me.
She was walking up the hill and I was just getting back to the Jeep.

Walking is one sure way of meeting people where you live.
I have met so many people that I would never have known if 
not for walking!!!

☁️    πŸ₯Ύ    🍁    πŸ˜€

Sometimes when I'm walking a breakfast food will pop into my head.
Today fried bread did.  
Ken thought it sounded good too so we had that for breakfast.

No laundry got done today because of the rain but did
get the bedroom vacuumed and dusted
and cleaned the closet.

After lunch we saw some sun so we went outside.
Ken played around with his tractor.
I cleaned out all the leaves again in our little pond.
The new skimmer works great.

We took the ATV out and drove around Happy Trails.
I would have taken pictures but left my phone at home.

I saw these pretzel bread bites for the first time when we were shopping
and thought I'd give them a try.
They are soft like the big pretzels.
I bought them because they look like chestnuts to me. 
Actually they are pretty good.


 That's it for today.
Happy Monday πŸ˜€
Thanks for stopping by.
πŸ‘©πŸ»‍🦳happyone🎈

14 comments:

Rose said...

The pretzel bites do look good.

It was 60 here this morn, and I don't know if it made it up to 70 or not, but supposed to be in the high 80's by the end of the week so this was just a little break. Rained a little here today, and overcast most of the day.

Deb J. in Utah said...

Those little pretzels look pretty good. Wow, two inches of rain is quite a bit for one night. Our temperatures have cooled down a lot and we are supposed to get a good bit of rain tomorrow, Wednesday and Thursday. I hope it amounts to something. Glad you had another good day. See you again soon!

Vee said...

Those pretzels look yummy. Guess our rain arrives tomorrow.

Tom said...

...that sure is. peaceful setting at the Drane House!

Hill Top Post said...

I am so enjoying the pictures taken with your new phone. When I enlarge them I get a real feeling that I am right there too.

Ann said...

It was pretty cloudy most of the day here.
I can't say that I've ever had fried bread. I have had those pretzel bites before though and they are tasty.

Victor S E Moubarak said...

This post made me hungry. I don't know why.

God bless.

eileeninmd said...

Hello,
Your first sky shot is pretty, I love seeing the bulls too.
The pretzel bites do look yummy. Take care, enjoy your day!

Hootin Anni said...

Soft pretzels & cheese sauce...yum!!

Beside a babbling brook... said...

Rain here too, but not Tstorms they predicted. Excellent!

πŸŽπŸπŸ‚πŸπŸŽ

Michelle said...

I like that photo of the bulls. Very Americana!

Retired Knitter said...

I need to find those pretzels!!!

Granny Marigold said...

Those clouds (first picture) look so neat. I wonder if that is what one sometimes hears referred to as a "Mackerel sky"?

William Kendall said...

We've been getting rain off and on today.