Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Wednesday, September 14, 2022

A pile of apples

49 degrees when I first started walking.
It was cloudy but later in the morning we saw the sun.
Sunrise 6:58
Walked 5.4 miles

Usually I have a route in mind how my walk around town will go.
Today I had one in mind when I started out but didn't stick to it
and had a very random walk.
Went around the ball park, around town, and around the industrial park.
Walked down the main road a ways too.

Spotted this pile of discarded apples and thought when the
deer discover it they will have a feast.


Remember that shy man who wouldn't talk as we passed each other.
Today when I said good morning he smiled and said good morning back.
That made my day. 🙂

A few pictures along my walk.




☁️    😀    🥾    🍁

Finished washing the rest of the hardwood floors
but didn't wash any more windows.

Made Potato Salad early in the day so the flavors would
blend together nicely and we had it for supper
with hamburgers grilled outside.

New socks came in the mail today.
They are soft, comfortable and I like the different colors.
Got 3 packs of them.
They should last me awhile.


That's all I have for today.
Happy Wednesday🙂
Thanks for stopping by.
👩🏻‍🦳happyone🎈

15 comments:

Tom said...

...I wonder if a deer hunter is baiting deer with those apples?

Ginny Hartzler said...

I wonder how that big pile of apples got there?

Deb J. in Utah said...

Hi Karen,
I really like those socks. Can you share the link?
That's a lot of apples that the deer will enjoy.
See you again soon.

Rose said...

Nice photos from the day...I need to make potato salad. I seldom make it. But I do like it. Maybe I will get industrious and make some.

Granny Marigold said...

At first I thought it was so nice of someone to pile those apples there for the deer. Then I read what Tom said in his comment and I thought maybe it wasn't such a kind gesture after all.
Nothing like lovely new socks, comfortable for walking.

JD/ Jill said...

Beautiful photos! You have a nice place walk!

Hootin Anni said...

I like the tractor in the field. And a good morning from a fellow walker was a kind gesture!!!

Ann said...

I wonder why someone would dump a bunch of apples like that.
I like that you finally got the shy man to say good morning.
Potato salad sounds good. It's been a while since I've made any.

Victor S E Moubarak said...

Deer? Can they make apple pies?

God bless.

eileeninmd said...

Hello,

It is nice you had a greeting from the man you see while walking.
I hope no one is baiting the animals, they do love the apples and so do the bears. Take care, enjoy your day!

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

I need new socks and can't find the wigwams I usually get. Now I've forgotten the brand you wear! I love the scenes where you walk and the fabulous cool temps! It was 80 when I walked yesterday!

Debby said...

Interesting about the apples.

The shy man - have to wonder if he thought about it all day - maybe was having a bad morning or had something on his mind. It must have bothered him. I’m glad he reciprocated.

William Kendall said...

Potato salad would suit me right now.

Lowcarb team member said...

That is quite a pile of apples!
Lovely photographs from your walk.

All the best Jan

Jeanette said...

Oh yes, the deer will love those apples!