Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Friday, September 16, 2022

Walk Home

 51 degrees on a foggy morning walk.
Later in the morning the sun burned through the fog and we had
a nice sunny day.
Sunrise 6:59
Walked 5.2 miles

Drove to town as usual but didn't park at the pond.
Parked at the Accident Garage because had an
appointment at 9:00 to get the oil changed.

Walked around town till I saw Don in the garage at
7:00 and went in and dropped off the Jeep key.
Walked around town for a just a little bit more and
then headed home.  Town is just over 2 miles from home.

Didn't see any others out walking.

Saw a couple of deer and rabbits on the way to town
and also on the walk home.

This street is where I turn off the main road from town.




I live at the end of this road.


The sun didn't burn off all the fog till after I was home.

☁️    🥾    🚗    😊

We went to town after lunch and picked up the Jeep.

Stayed outside when we got back home. 
 Picked up a bit more deadfall 
and also got today's strawberries picked.
Think we will keep getting strawberries till the first frost.

Pizza day and Ken made it in the pizza oven outside again.
Went more smoothly this time with a bit more planning.
Can't remember who but someone asked if we could bake other
things in the oven.  Probably could but would be hard to regulate
the temperature.  I might try breads.

Thanks for stopping in for a visit.
Happy Friday🙂
👩🏻‍🦳happyone🎈

Comment Replies:
Ginny - Yes, I do walk in the winter when it is below freezing.  

John and GrannyM - It is rare if words aren't passed between people here where I walk.  The man who didn't say anything for a while is friendly he was just shy.

14 comments:

Tom said...

...beautiful morning images.

Rose said...

Love the images from the day.

Hootin Anni said...

Gorgeous morning walk, as always.

Ginny Hartzler said...

You sure live in the country,but not TOO country! I do admire how you walk in all kinds of wearher, and I know your health is better for it.

Henny Penny said...

I love the curves and hills on the country roads where you walk. Had to check back at the apples someone dumped. Some of them actually look good enough to eat. Sure would love to pile in my pantry. :) Apples are so expensive now.

Melanie said...

Looks like a lovely walk. Pretty country. I'm glad that the pizza oven is cooperating now. I can see how it would be difficult to do much baking when you can't regular the temp. Have a lovely weekend.

Deb J. in Utah said...

Hi Karen. Another group of lovely pictures today. Your new phone has a good camera! Your pizza always sounds so good. Glad you were able to get your car maintenance done in a convenient way by combining it with your walk. Have a good weekend. See you again soon!

Hill Top Post said...

What a beautiful morning. I love the pictures today. Wow!

Ann said...

Such a beautiful area you live in. I think if I had such beautiful scenery I might be able to convince myself to get out there and walk every day.

HWIT BLOGG said...

Lovely pictures from a lovely day. Such a beatutiful nature you live in, wow!
Have a great weekend...
Titti

eileeninmd said...

Beautiful views and photos. Nice walk!
The pizza sounds yummy.

Granny Marigold said...

Having grown up in the country I find country roads so appealing. I'm thankful for the little lake here in the middle of town and enjoy walking there but I would prefer country lanes if I could choose.
I hope your pizza is delicious!!

Sue said...

A beautiful area to walk, it also seems very safe.
We have been having lots of morning fogs too, our weather is still quite warm and humid.
Blessings,
Sue

William Kendall said...

I do like those misty views.