Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Thursday, September 15, 2022

Blankets cancelled

Lots of comments about the pile of apples from yesterday.
So thought I'd start off with that.
No, they weren't put there to lure deer for hunters.
The pile is in a residential area.
On the right side of the street are all houses.
The left side is a field between the road and the industrial park.
People from the houses dump their yard waste there.
Someone has an apple tree in their yard and picked up all the
fallen apples and just dumped them there.

    ๐ŸŽ    ๐Ÿ    ๐ŸŽ    ๐Ÿ    


57 degrees and cloudy this morning for walking,
and like yesterday later on in the morning the sun came out.
Walked 5.6 miles
Sunrise 6:59

Had a nice cool walk all around town, the ball park, and both cemeteries.

A few people out walking this morning.
Rebecca
Lisa
John and Prim

Saw a couple of deer and rabbits on my way to town.

Workers were putting new siding on the big Victorian house in town.
It was started a while back and nice to see it is getting
worked on once again.
I'll post before and after pictures once it is finished.

A few pictures along my walk.




☁️    ๐Ÿฅพ    ๐Ÿ˜Š    ๐Ÿ

It was a Blankets for Babies day but it was cancelled.
The church parking lot is getting repaved 
so we will meet next week.
Though I couldn't go to church and make weave-it squares I did make 
some at home.

Went outside and walked around picking up some deadfall
and adding it to the fence. 
I've said before it is a never ending job
but I enjoy it.

That's all I have for today.
Thanks for popping in for a visit.
Happy Thursday๐Ÿ˜€
๐Ÿ‘ฉ๐Ÿป‍๐Ÿฆณhappyone๐ŸŽˆ

Comment Replies:
Deb - Ken ordered the socks and I don't have the link but the brand name is YUEDGE and he got them on amazon.

12 comments:

Deb J. in Utah said...

Hi Karen. Thanks for the tip about the socks. I will look them up! You took some lovely pictures today. Have a good evening. See you again tomorrow!

Tom said...

...I just came back from our daughters house, three deer were dining under under an apple tree.

Rose said...

It really looks like a pleasant day for walking or anything really.

Ginny Hartzler said...

Your reflection photo is beautiful. So do you walk in the winter when it is below freezing?

Hill Top Post said...

These fall- like mornings are beyond wonderful for walking. You are surrounded by so much beauty and you capture it well with your camera.

Victor S E Moubarak said...

Lovely reflections photo. Thanx.

God bless always.

Ann said...

I love seeing pictures of where you walk. It always looks so pleasant.

eileeninmd said...

Pretty scenes from your walk, the photos are great.
The cool weather is very nice for walking.
Have a great day and a happy weekend.

Hootin Anni said...

That seems a shame people dump their trash/garbage on the side of the road. The stink of rotting apples would drive me "bananas". Hehehe.

I too really like the reflection photo

John's Island said...

Hello Happyone, Looking over your last few posts and happened upon your mention yesterday, “Remember that shy man who wouldn't talk as we passed each other. Today when I said good morning he smiled and said good morning back. That made my day.” That really made me smile. Since my daily walks are all along basically the same path, one that is used by lots of people, it has amazed me at the variations in the way other walkers will interact. I’ve really given it a lot of thought. I would say about 25% of people will have some sort of recognition … a “good morning”, a “nod”, or a “smile”. Out of that 25%, there are a few who really become friendly and will give me some sort of comment that varies from day to day. The other 75% of the people will walk or run right on by usually looking straight ahead. And a few really make a concerted effort to look the other way. That really makes me smile. ๐Ÿ˜Š Thanks for sharing your walk photos and comments. Have a good weekend ahead! John

William Kendall said...

I like that reflected shot.

Granny Marigold said...

After reading John's comment I was thinking about my (our) walk around the lake and I think people here are much friendlier. I would estimate 2/3 give some form of greeting. If people avoid eye contact I don't speak but if they do I'll say Good Morning. I like to greet teenagers and am always surprised at how many respond. ( They look so aloof you really wonder if they will or not).
I like your pictures, esp. the reflection of the trees in the water.