Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Saturday, September 17, 2022

47 for 99

 52 degrees this morning and once it was light out it
was a mix of sun and clouds.
A little bit of a breeze.
Walked 5.6 miles
Sunrise 7:00

Felt a little chilly starting out but took my sweatshirt off after a mile.

Walked through town and back.
Once around the ball park and then headed up to the school.



Just passed the school which is behind me on the right.
Walked down here a little ways before turning around and coming
back to the school.


Walked around the school parking lot and then back down the
hill and over to the cemetery on the hill.
Wanted to check out the barn build.
The trusses have been delivered.
WOW there sure are a lot of them.
What a job it is going to be putting them up.


Walked around the cemetery a couple times and back to the Jeep.

Lisa and Dwayne were coming down from the cemetery as I was going up.
Noticed they again left a smily face on the mirror.
I was in the Jeep leaving when I saw Joy walking, she spotted me too and waved.

🌤    🥾    🍁

Scrambled Eggs for breakfast this morning and I had a piece of
pumpernickel bread too.

A quick trip to the Dollar General after breakfast.

The other day I was reading Terra's Blog
and she recommended a book to read.
Castle Richmond by Anthony Trollope.
I'd never read any of his books so thought I'd give him a try.
Was checking if our library had any of his books and had no 
luck with that.
Then I checked on amazon if I could get any on my Kindle.
Bingo - Found them and what a deal it was.
All 47 of his books for $.99!!
Unbelievable!!!!

A lovely sunny day.
We spent some time just walking around Happy Trails
and Ken trying out his new hatchet.
A nice sit out on the porch for a little while too.

Thanks for popping in for a visit.
Happy Saturday😊
👩🏻‍🦳happyone🎈


Comment Replies:
GrannyM -  I do enjoy walking the country roads but at times I miss the lake I used to walk around where we used to live.  Us Walkers will walk wherever we are though won't we!!  🥾 🙂 ❤️

12 comments:

Tom said...

...here this morning was a sweatshirt start and now it's HOT. Those sedum are beauties.

Anni said...

Your breakfast sounds grand!! As always nice walk,pretty photos. You make the best of your walks even if you miss your lake.

Sue said...

WOW! Thats going to be some barn, I'st great that you will be able to see it go up piece by piece,
.99 cents what a deal,
Enjoy your books.
Sue

William Kendall said...

The nights keep cool now here.

Rose said...

I think there are at least 60 trusses! I did not try to count the top stack. The bottom two had 20 in each stack. Are you like me and trying to enjoy sitting on the porch every day while we can? There were a few days I did not sit and I sure missed it.

Deb J. in Utah said...

Wow, you got a great deal on those books! I found some Miss Read books at a thrift store today and got them because I remembered you saying good things about them. I hope you have a great Sunday! See you tomorrow.

Ginny Hartzler said...

The flowers re beautiful!

ellen b. said...

Chiming in from 'across the pond'. Wowzers! Look at that amazing stack of trusses. He'll need a major piece of equipment to lift and set those. It's Sunday here already and we picked a church here in Oxford to attend this morning. Cheers!

eileeninmd said...

Pretty views from your walk. You got a great deal on the Kindle books.
Love the flowers, beautiful photos.
Take care, enjoy your day. Have a happy new week ahead.

Victor S E Moubarak said...

You have been very busy.

God bless.

Ann said...

Beautiful flowers.

Lowcarb team member said...

Such beautiful blooms.

All the best Jan