Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Monday, September 05, 2022

Rainy Day

This morning I walked in a light rain for all of my walk.
Too warm at 64 degrees to wear any rain gear and there was no wind
so an umbrella worked fine.
Didn't see the sunrise but it still rose at 6:49.

I only took this one picture because didn't want my phone to get wet!! ๐Ÿ˜Š


Walked up and down the streets in town and around the ball park a few times.

Very quiet around town with it being a holiday and rainy.
No people about but did see three deer
and on the road to the upper cemetery I saw a coyote.  
It come out of the corn field on one side of the street.
He stopped. looked at me, and then continued to the other
side of the street into the corn again.

๐ŸŒง    ๐Ÿ™‚    ☔️

On yesterdays walk I went to see how the cattle barn was coming along.  
The other day when I saw 3 concrete trucks going there was a drop in the bucket. 
 Don't know how many trucks loads was used but it certainly was more than 3.
This is going to be some BIG building.


๐Ÿฎ    ๐Ÿฎ    ๐Ÿฎ

We usually go food shopping on Tuesday but we were completely
out of milk so we went to Casselmans Market this morning instead.

It's been a rainy day and got a start on the house chores for the week.

A few of you wanted to know how I like the new vacuum
after using it a while.
Vacuumed again today with my new Dyson cordless V8 and after 
using it a while I still love it.
No problem with the battery running out vacuuming the whole house.
When I got done still had one bar left.
But our house isn't very big.

Another nice thing is that the vacuum is easy to take out and put away
so it is good for small jobs or just doing one room.
Before when I vacuumed, once I dragged the whole big thing out
I thought I might just as well vacuum the whole house.

The only negative thing I could say is that you have to empty
the dirt out of the canister a couple of times because it is small.
BUT it is very easy to do and only takes a second.

 I was thinking about the shared concrete driveway between the
twin houses that was pictured yesterday.
I thought of only one good reason why it might be good.
If you wanted to take care of aging parents and wanted
to be close to take care of them.
You could live in one house and parents in the other.
Makes it easy to check on them.

That's all I have for today.
Happy Monday
Happy Labor Day
Thanks for popping in for a visit.
๐Ÿ‘ฉ๐Ÿป‍๐Ÿฆณhappyone๐ŸŒป

Comment Replies:
Tom - Yes, pictures are taken on my new phone (only camera I have) and yes the twin houses are still for sale though there is only one for sale sign in front of one of them.

18 comments:

Ginny Hartzler said...

I agree that those houses would be nice for families to share. Be careful of the coyotes!

Tom said...

...we had a wonderful rain today, my garden is happy. They spent a fortune on concrete! Compared to prices here, those twin houses seem overpriced.

Debby said...

ohhhhhhhhhhhhh that rain looks so beautiful to me

Pom Pom said...

Hi Karen! How nice to have a rainy walk! Did you get tired of holding the umbrella?

Vee said...

Poured all day here and will do it again tomorrow. A coyote! ๐Ÿ˜ณ The houses reminds me of my daughter's new home. There's no separation, though, but there is the community driveway. She has a tenant on one side and she has the other. Hers is a duplex; guess the one in your town can't be thought of as that.

Glad that you are still loving the Dyson. ๐Ÿ‘Œ๐Ÿผ

William Kendall said...

The best description for weather this time of year is unsettled.

Rose said...

I thought that looks like it is going to be a HUGE building, too. I cannot imagine how much concrete is there...nor the cost!

I liked the one single pic you took. For some reason I like photos with wet roads. I just realized that over the past bit with photos you have taken.

Mari said...

It was dreary here today too, but no rain.
That is going to be a huge barn!
I agree that the two houses would work well for family/parents.

Hootin Anni said...

We've had flooding rains for e
3-4 (depending on which side of town) days. Nice, but I'd like a break with sunshine now. 64° warm?!??!! That's cost weather here in Texas.

Ann said...

It was rainy and gloomy all day yesterday here.
That is a huge concrete slab. I can't wait to see that building once it's done.

Victor S E Moubarak said...

Was the coyote chasing Road Runner going "Beep Beep"?

God bless.

eileeninmd said...

Hello,
It is neat seeing a Coyote, I hope it kept going. It is pouring down here now, which is good we needed the rain. Take care, enjoy your and the week ahead.

Debbie said...

Good morning! I found your blog while reading other blogs and I love the feel of it :) Actually, I'm just so thrilled to know there are still women blogging about every day life anymore! I am just starting a new blogging venture with a friend, because we are tired of social media and all the quick scrolling.
Anyway, I'll definitely be stopping in on your blog to see what adventures you've been on.

Thanks for sharing!

Hootin Anni said...

Coat, not cost weather.

Aritha V. said...

A coyote? That is new for me. Are they dangerous?

Inger said...

How lovely to walk in the rain.

ellen b. said...

That is going to be one big barn for sure. That is a lot of concrete! Glad you are enjoying your vacuum. I'm always apprehensive if I see a coyote. Glad he carried on. Hope your Tuesday is going well.

Happy@Home said...

We had rain on and off all day yesterday too. Wow, a coyote! You sure do see some interesting things on your walks.
I like the idea of a cordless vacuum. If I'm ever in the market I will keep the Dyson V8 in mind.