Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Saturday, September 03, 2022

Finally an eggplant

 60 degrees this morning and sunny when I walked.
Walked 5.3 miles
Sunrise 6:47

The usual around town, both cemeteries and the ball park loop walk.

Looks like bulls like apples too.
They've eaten all the apples and leaves off the lower branches
that they can reach.


This guy was down the other end of the pasture.


The shy man was walking his dog again 
and saw a young couple out walking too.

I was walking along and heard a car slow down and someone say,
Can you pick up the pace a bit?
It was Farmer Eugene my neighbor. 😀

Yesterdays picture of the railing was taken going to the pond
and this one is taken walking away from the pond.



Some blackberries growing along my walk.
Tasted some the other day and they were very sour.
Problem was I tasted them when they weren't quite ripe.
Tasted them today and they were juicy and sweet.


I mentioned yesterday that concrete was poured between the
twin houses.  
The driveway goes from the front between them and then this
big concrete pad in back.
Seems odd to me.




☀️    🥾    🌻

We left right after breakfast for church for another work day
at church with Fingerprints.
We were finished at 1:00.

The big activity center building at our church is now completed except
for the kitchen.
So we got to move all the Fingerprint equipment into the new building.
Fingerprints has it's own little corner of the building and we won't
have to move the big cutter around anymore.  It can stay in one spot.
Will make things so much easier.

All summer the eggplant plants I planted didn't do so great and I
gave up on them.
Now all of a sudden there are three eggplants growing.


It's been a good day and now again it's time for a nice
relaxing evening.

Thanks for visiting.
Happy Saturday😀
👩🏻‍🦳happyone🌻

Comment Replies:
Tom - my phone is a Samsung Galaxy A13 4G

GrannyM - We are watching the first season of Vera.  

14 comments:

Ginny Hartzler said...

I agree, that cement is strange. It kind of connects the two houses. They would need to make some kid of boundry line, or a wall or fence.

Tom said...

...I picked red raspberries today, we will have them on biscuits for dessert. Samsung has a folding phone that look interesting, I need to get a new phone. I planted some egg plant, but too close to my tomato jungle, I can't find them.

Lowcarb team member said...

Enjoy your homegrown eggplants :)

All the best Jan

Jeanette said...

The eggplants look so good! That's one thing I never cook for some reason!

Rose said...

I meant to comment yesterday how nice that railing to the pond is so nice. And I really like the view shown here.

Being able to leave things set up for Fingerprints will be so nice...and time saving, too, I would think!

I wonder the purpose of that big pad of concrete...
I am glad your egg plants are growing.

Galla Creek said...

Your pictures look good.

Mari said...

I like that pic of the bulls under the tree.
That concrete is strange. Both back yards are filled with it and it connects the houses. Maybe they think people will park back there?
Glad you have those changes in place for Fingerprints. That will be so nice for you!

Hootin Anni said...

Perhaps the slab of cement is for RV parking? Blackberry pie!??!! That lone bull is my favorite today

Ann said...

Those apples and leaves must be delicious for the bulls to have cleaned the bottom of the tree.
That cement slab is odd. I wouldn't like having to share something like that with a neighbor.
Cute little eggplant.

eileeninmd said...

Hello,
The bulls must love apples. The blackberries look yummy and I love eggplant.
I guess the two houses will share the parking pad? It does look strange.
Take care, have a great day and happy new week!

Victor S E Moubarak said...

Well done on the egg plants. We have blackberries growing wild in our garden. Good in apple pies.

God bless.

HWIT BLOGG said...

Beautiful pictures! Always so nice visiting your blog :)
Titti

William Kendall said...

It doesn't surprise me that they'd like apples.

ellen b. said...

That's nice that you don't have to move that machine anymore. That eggplant is a beauty. That is a generous amount of concrete!