Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Tuesday, August 02, 2022

The white shelves

It was cloudy when I walked this morning and 66 degrees.
The sun came out eventually.

Walked all around town, both cemeteries, and the ball park loop.

Ken went to the Shop and Save while I was out walking
and he gave me a toot as he passed by me on the main road in town.
We ran out of milk and he was going so I'd have milk for breakfast.
While there he picked up the other things we needed too.
I got back home just a couple of minutes before he did.

All the paving is finally done and all the equipment was gone
so I'm back to parking by the pond.

Only saw two rabbits this morning.

John was walking his dog again.


Walked 6 miles


This morning we went back to church and did some more work 
on the fences and garden.
Didn't take any pictures because not a whole lot of difference
that you can see from yesterday.
We still have another day of work to do and will probably 
finish up on Thursday.
Decided not to paint the fence white after all, but leave
it natural.  

The white paint on the little shelves has dried so
it was time to put the things back on it again.

This is what it looked liked before being painted.


After painting it I decided not to book the books back and
this is how it looks now.


I put the cookbooks on another shelf.


I don't have that many cookbooks because I threw a lot of them
away that I just didn't use.
Found one among the few that I have that I didn't even know I had!
There are a lot of delicious sounding recipes in it
which I will be making.


That's I have this time.
Thanks for stopping by today.
A happy day to you. 🙂
👩🏻‍🦳 happyone❤️ 

Hope itself is like a star- not to be seen in the sunshine of prosperity, 
and only to be discovered in the night of adversity.
- Charles H. Spurgeon -

21 comments:

Tom said...

...white pops against the blue wall.

ellen b. said...

The items on the shelves pop nicely against the white. That was nice of Ken to make sure you had milk for your breakfast after your walk! Have a nice evening.

Mari said...

That's a pretty rose of sharon.
I like you white shelves and the things you have on it now.
I got rid of a lot of cookbooks a few years ago too. I hated to do it, but it's pointless to save when you never use them.

Ginny Hartzler said...

I think the little shelf looks so much prettier with your dishes and cannisters on it, rather than books!

William Kendall said...

The white shelf stands out.

Debby said...

Oh yeah, the white shelf looks good against the blue wall. You did well.

Love that flower photo - when I click on it, it shows the detail -

Vee said...

The morning here was overcast as well with the sun finally coming out at ten. Ken is so thoughtful! Your white shelf looks great.

Deb J. in Utah said...

I love what you did with the little white shelf. I need to get rid of some cookbooks I don't use. I have a couple of bread making cookbooks. I need to take a closer look at them - maybe I will find some good recipes and start using my bread machine more often. I love the quote at the end of this post by Charles Spurgeon. See you again tomorrow.

Ruth Hiebert said...

I love the way the shelf looks now. Let me know if you try some of those bread recipes. I’m always looking for new ideas.

Debi said...

The white shelves look very nice. I got rid of some cookbooks a couple of years ago, but I need to go thru them and downsize again. Have a great week!

Victor S E Moubarak said...

Great painting job well done. It looks smart.

God bless.

Ann said...

The shelf looks nice. I don't have many cookbooks any more and of the ones I do still have I can't remember the last time I used one.

Hootin Anni said...

I don't think I have any cookbooks left. Took them all to donate at goodwill long ago. I rarely follow recipes any more other than my recipe cards or online

eileeninmd said...

Hello,
I love the pretty flowers. The two white shelves look great.
Take care, have a great day!

Kerin said...

Your shelf refresh looks so nice!
Sweet black-eyed Susans next to that propane tank. Nature finds a way to bloom even in less than ideal conditions :)

I'm glad you found some yummy-sounding recipes that you'd like to try.
I have pared down my cookbook collection substantially, but still, find menu inspirations when looking through cookbooks.
I enjoy 'reading' cookbooks :)

~K.

Aritha V. said...

I really like standing like this. And those cookbooks. I have also recycled many cookbooks. Nice cupboard. Love the new color.

O and the yelloow flowers with dark hearts are so beautiful.

KEV. Robertson. said...

Your re-vamped Shelf Unit in White come up very nice- well done Karen.

Jeanette said...

Your shelf looks really nice. I got rid of a bunch of cookbooks I don't use recently also. I have my mom's old cookbook, (which I don't know what it's called because the covers are both gone) and my Better Homes and Garden cookbook from 1976.

Granny Marigold said...

I also donated many of my cookbooks.
I like how you rearranged your things. Isn't it fun??

Beside a babbling brook... said...

wondering what kind of a tank that is, in the first picture......?

🌼🌼🌼🌼

Dianna said...

I like what you have done with the white shelves. And the way you have arranged the cookbooks in their new location looks nice too.