Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Wednesday, August 03, 2022

A little walking mishap

 


61 degrees when I left for my walk this morning.
A little fog around at first, then cloudy, and finally sunny.

Walked all over town, then down the main road toward home
a ways, turned around, back through town and over to the
Dollar General. Next headed over to the ball park and walked that loop.

Saw Joy out walking and also a young couple walking who I 
see every once in a while.

Finally got a picture of a rabbit.
This is a tiny one.


 A little more work got done on the bank drive thru.


Saw this dead moth on the side of the road.
Never saw one before so looked it up when I got home and it is a
Yellow Slant Line Moth.


Walking along near the end of my walk I had a little mishap.
Not sure what happened but as I turned around some how I tripped and fell. 
Hurt my ankle and scraped my knee and elbow.
My phone and pedometer went flying.
Thankfully no one was around to see me. 
So I hobbled back to the Jeep and drove home.
Walked 5.7 miles
I hurt the outer bone on my ankle and it's swollen.
I feel like such a dope.
I doubt if I'll be walking tomorrow. 😞


Didn't do much of anything today, trying to keep off my foot.
Sat around a lot hoping my ankle/foot would get better.
Ken took very good care of me.
Did get some reading done!

Thanks for coming by.
A happy day to you. 🙂
👩🏻‍🦳 happyone ❤️

Comment Replies:
MsBB - The tank from yesterday is propane gas.  Most everyone has it around here.

25 comments:

Ginny Hartzler said...

Ohhh, I'm so sorry! Keep us posted on your injuries. The moth is beautiful, even in death!

Tom said...

...I'm sorry about your fall, I have had problems with low blood pressure and have fallen a few time.

Hill Top Post said...

Oh for those little mishaps that just shouldn't have happened, but they can happen so very fast. It has been Almost a year and a half since I fell and broke my wrist which was my own careless mistake (and Hubby's too for having that piece of plywood laying on the shop floor. :~/ Take it easy and hopefully you will be back out walking soon.

Ann said...

Sorry to hear about your fall. I hope your ankle is feeling better soon. Whenever I do something like that the first thing I do is check to see if anyone was watching. Somehow having someone see you makes it hurt so much worse.

William Kendall said...

Wascally wabbit!

Rest, apply ice as needed.

Mari said...

I'm sorry about the Fall! We all have those moments. Glad you have Ken to watch over you. Praying it heals quickly.

Vee said...

Bummer! It is so weird how these things happen and really a miracle that they don't happen more often. Let Ken take good care of you. 🙏🏼 for a speedy recovery because we don't want you going stir crazy.

Inger said...

I'm sorry to read that you hurt yourself. I hope you will feel better tomorrow, but take it easy. And the rabbit was very cute, the moth interesting, it looks really big.

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

That moth sure is unique! It was 81 when I walked this morning...what a difference! Enjoy your evening!

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

PS I sure hope you are ok and not sore tomorrow! Take care and try to rest for a couple of days!

Dianna said...

Karen, I'm so sorry to hear about your accident. I will be praying for you. I know you have a good nurse. 😊

Nellie said...

So sorry to hear about your fall! Icing your ankle may help! Maybe an ACE bandage. Be easy on the foot for a few days.

Granny Marigold said...

How quickly an accidental fall can happen. I hope your ankle feels better soon. That Yellow Slant Moth looks pretty for a moth, almost like a butterfly.

ellen b. said...

Sorry to read about your mishap and fall with the scraps and swollen ankle. Hope everything heals up nicely and quickly. So nice to have a husband who cares for you!

Victor S E Moubarak said...

Praying for your quick healing. Take care.

God bless.

Hootin Anni said...

That's a shame about the fall (and funny you checked to see if anyone saw you fall). Hope today the swelling has gone down & little or no pain.

eileeninmd said...

Sorry to hear about your fall, I hope you recover quickly.
The moth is pretty, love the cute bunny and the flowers.
Take care, have a happy day!

Beside a babbling brook... said...

So sorry, but... It just proves you are human, my Dear. -grin- You go and go and go, but at some point, something has to happen. It's just life.

Keep it up and with ice on it, to relieve swelling.

Please do some sport injury research, and follow their advice, about when to resume, or rather, when not to resume walking, and how much to begin with, when you do.

Please....

The older we get, the more care we have to take, of our body, no matter how fit we have kept it.

Enjoy being taken care of, too!!!!! :-)

Gentle hugs
🌿🍃🌿🍃🌿

Jeanette said...

Oh no! I hope you didn't hurt your ankle too bad! I fell walking a few months ago and scraped the side of my hand pretty badly! It took forever to heal! Then I was a little nervous walking for a while after that.

Ruth Hiebert said...

Oh no! I hope your foot and ankle will settle down quickly. Those falls happen so quickly.

Lowcarb team member said...

Sorry to read about your fall, sending my good wishes, hope you heal soon.

All the best Jan

Debi said...

So sorry to hear about your mishap. I hope you ankle heals quickly. I enjoyed the photo of the tiny bunny.

Ruta M. said...

I'm sorry to hear about your fall. I hope it all heals quickly. I took a photo of a similar wild bunny at the zoo on Wednesday.

Retired Knitter said...

These things happen. Glad you aren’t more hurt than you are.

Debby said...

Well falling is just not allowed. We never know when a freak little a accident will have us sidelined for a few days. Hope it heals fast.