Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Monday, August 01, 2022

A walk and a little church work

61 degrees this morning when I walked.
Cloudy at first and then a little bit of sun near the end of my walk.

Passed up the parking lot at the pond because it was crowded
with paving equipment and didn't want to be in the way so I
went to the library and parked there.

Walked all around town, the two cemeteries and the ball park.


The geese were by the pond and I heard them getting ready to leave.
Whipped out my phone, looked up and snapped a picture.
This is what I captured. 


 Went down to the barn yard to see if there were any bulls.
These two were there.
They looked at me but didn't come over to the fence.


Didn't see anyone else out walking.
No deer today but lots of rabbits hopping about.

Walked 6 miles

☁️    🥾    ⛅️

We left after breakfast and went to church.
We volunteered to do some repair work on a fence
and to spruce up a little garden area.
We made a good start this morning but have a lot to do yet.

Before pictures


After 2 1/2 hours work we got this much done.


Will post more pictures as we got more work done.
We will be putting gravel down and painting the fences white.

We had a late lunch when we got home.

Then did a few things around the house and had some time to relax.
When we made pizza on Friday we made two.
Ate one and froze the other.  
We had the frozen one today for supper.

That's it for today.
Happy August First 🤗
Thanks for stopping by.
👩🏻‍🦳 happyone ❤️

Goodby July
Hello August

Comment Replies:
MSBB - You are right, our sheets are yellow. 🙂

22 comments:

Tom said...

...that garden sure needed some TLC!

William Kendall said...

Might take awhile before the bulls are used to you.

Dianna said...

You and Ken are accomplishing quite a bit in the garden area at your church. I'm excited to see it once you are finished...especially the white fence!

Ruth Hiebert said...

Beautiful work on that garden. It will look great with a white fence.

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

I love those geese! How amazing to get to see them today!

ellen b. said...

I love having things ready in the fridge or freezer for these kinds of meals on a busy day. Good for you for working on that fence. Happy August to you!

Debi said...

Great photo of the geese! You and Ken did a stroke of work on that garden area. It will be lovely when you are finished sprucing it up. Have a great week!

Deb J. in Utah said...

Hi Karen. You and Ken are such a blessing to your church and community. Happy August to you!

Mari said...

Your geese shot turned out so cool!
You two are a blessing. You got a lot done for church.

Granny Marigold said...

I imagine those geese were just flying out to look for breakfast, not flying South just yet. I like the way the picture turned out.

Kerin said...

Great shot of the geese!
I love the field picture as well... sweet summer scene :)

Great job on the clean-up on the church grounds. It'll be a lot of work, but you're making great progress and it's looking so nice!

I left a note about the pups names on my blog, but in case you don't get back to it, their names are Tucker and Timber :)

Smiles :)
~K.

Vee said...

You got a lot accomplished on the garden. What a nice shot of the geese on the wing.

Ginny Hartzler said...

You really made a big difference in the garden. and I bet it was not easy, either! Your pic of the geese taking off is awesome! I have been trying for years to get a shot of our geese like this, but it happens too fast!

Hill Top Post said...

Our youngest grandson used to like to go to the pond to watch the geese fly upward. They did make a big commotion about it with those wings flapping and their honking sounds. I already like what you are doing with the little garden area.

Ann said...

I like the picture of the geese.
You sure got a lot done on that garden.

Victor S E Moubarak said...

Those geese sure look big.

So much work to do in the garden. Always something needs doing.

God bless.

eileeninmd said...

Great captures of the geese and I love seeing the bulls.
Great job cleaning up the garden!
Take care, have a great day!

Hootin Anni said...

Wow Karen, that photo of geese in flight is stupendous!!!

Melanie said...

Great geese photo! It's difficult to get those guys to pose! :D I have to say I'm very jealous with your 61-degree walks. I've been walking in my living room with a DVD. I'm sure that your church garden is going to look awesome when it's completed.

Bill said...

Great photo of the flying geese. The fence is looking good. It will take awhile before the bulls realize you're a frequent visitor.

Beside a babbling brook... said...

Those bulls have not gotten to know you yet!!!!!

A frozen meal in the freezer is worth its weight in gold!!!!

💛 💛 💛 💛

Rose said...

I hope your ankle feels better today. Falling at our age is not fun....

I am glad you decided to leave the fence natural. But white would have looked good, too. I always loved a white picket fence when I was young.

Oh, that was a good snapshot of the geese overhead!