Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Monday, August 29, 2022

Ken's Rock BBQ/Pizza Oven

64 degrees this morning when walking and sunny.
Walked 5.1 miles
Sunrise 6:43

Walked over to the library first to drop a book down the slot.
Then continued through town and went up the road to Lisa' house.
This is her pond and I spotted a heron there.
Picture not so good because I had to zoom in with my phone.


 Walking back down the road.


Passing by here I wondered about the tracks.


So I walked along them and this was at the end.
Dirt is getting dumped to fill it in.


Walked back to the main road and then around both the cemeteries.

I saw Bill over by the pond and stopped to talk to him.
Fountain is still not working because there is just too much
algae and it keeps clogging it up.
They just can't seem to get rid of the algae.

Joy was out walking but we just waved because we were
on opposite sides of the cemetery.


☀️    🥾    🌻

Too nice to be inside so was outside most of the day.

Walked around outside and picked up some dead fall and added to the fence.

Ken is finishing up the BBQ and out back and made a fire in it
to see how hot the oven part would get.

The lower part by the flames is where the racks go for grilling.
We've already had hamburgers grilled out there.

The upper part is where the pizza will bake.
The temperature got up to 450 degrees so we should be
able to bake a pizza in there.

Sorry for the messy picture. 
Some cleanup around there is needed.


I sat out on the porch and sewed a couple more strips on the baby blanket.  
Only 3 more strips to make and sew, which is 21 squares.
Also read some of my latest book.
Every Breath You Take by Mary Higgins Clark.

That's going to be it for today.
Thanks for stopping by.
Happy Monday🙂
👩🏻‍🦳happyone🌻

22 comments:

Tom said...

...beautiful handiwork.

Rose said...

Oh, I love the BBQ/grill....I bet you guys will really enjoy it.

Debby said...

I like the brick oven for your pizza. Your pizzas will be the bomb -

Mari said...

The heron is so pretty! I think they are majestic birds.
That BBQ is beautiful! Tell Ken he does great work!

William Kendall said...

Good job on the grill!

Anonymous said...

Wow that’s beautiful stonework. This may be a dumb question but how does the arch stay in place?

Happy@Home said...

Wow, the bbq/pizza oven is very impressive. I can hardly wait to hear about the first pizza.

Stacy said...

I love the look of the pizza oven. It will be nice to gather around. Interesting about the algae in the pond. I wonder if it is something with this summer's weather? We have a pool and keeping the water clear has been a real struggle this year. At the moment we are losing and the water is a lovely emerald green. You are blessed to have such a lovely area to take your walks in.

Hill Top Post said...

Yay for pizza baked in an outdoor stone oven! It’s a beautiful structure that Ken has built. I love it!

Deb J. in Utah said...

I like Mary Higgins Clark books. That stone oven is great. You will enjoy delicious pizza baked out there for years to come! Glad you had a good Monday. See you again soon!

Granny Marigold said...

Ken sure did a great job of building the BBQ/pizza oven. I think you'll get a lot of use out of it.

Ginny Hartzler said...

This is a really fine oven! Maybe that is a Great Blue Heron?

Ann said...

That BBQ looks amazing. He did a really nice job on that.

Hootin Anni said...

I wish I could be there when the first pizza is made!!! Looks great Ken.

Victor S E Moubarak said...

Lovely photo of the heron.

God bless.

Jeanette said...

That is an awesome BBQ Ken made! I can just imagine how good a pizza will taste when baked in there!

eileeninmd said...

Hello,
Ken did an amazing job on the BBQ, the stonework looks awesome.
Take care, enjoy your day!

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

The BBQ is awesome! Wish we could all come by for the pizza. I love wood fired pizza!

Vee said...

That is a great bbq and pizza oven. Wonder how long baking a pizza takes in a 450° oven.

ellen b. said...

I really like Ken's rock bbq! Great job. How fun to bake a pizza in it. One more day in August! Yikes.

Lowcarb team member said...

The BBQ/grill looks good, enjoy using it.

I like the photograph with the heron.

All the best Jan

Debi said...

How cool that you built your own pizza oven!