Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Tuesday, August 30, 2022

DysonV8

 64 degrees under cloudy skies this morning for walking.
It rained before I walked and afterward.
Walked 5.3 miles
Sunrise 6:44

Walked up and down the main street in town,
around the ball park a couple of times,
back around town and around both cemeteries.

 The pond with all the algae.


and a close up of it.  Creepy looking stuff.


Rebecca was out running and John and his dog Prim were out walking.
The shy man was out walking again, this time with his dog, but saw
them as I was driving back home.

On the way to town I saw the Doe and her twins again
by the apple tree.

An uneventful walk but great to be out there.


☁️    🥾    🌻

Food shopping day and this time we went to the Shop and Save.
Ran into a few people we knew.
A couple of neighbors, and a woman from the book club
I used to go to.  She said I was missed and invited me to come back.
I told her I'd think about it.

I spent some time today changing my blog look around.
Got tired of the dark colors and went for something light
and hopefully easy to read.












My new vacuum cleaner came in the mail today.
A Dyson V8 cordless one.
So light and easy to use. 
So nice not having to deal with a cord.
Picks up great too.
So far loving it.
















That's it for today.
Thanks for popping in.
Happy Tuesday🙂
👩🏻‍🦳happyone🌻

Comment Replies:
Anonymous - You asked about the arch.  It is first made out of wood.  The stone is put on the wooded arch and then the wood is removed.  The stones pressing together keeps it in place.   

19 comments:

William Kendall said...

I like the updated look.

Tom said...

...we are installing new LVP floors and have been looking at the style vacuum. As I understand Dyson is a good brand.

Rose said...

I do love the new look. I have wondered about those vacuums. Just sometimes I would like to have something light....I will wait and ask you if you still like it after you have had it a while. I have a regular Dyson vacuum, and I think it is great for carpet...but I am not crazy about for regular floors.

Vee said...

Congrats on the new Dyson! Light and effective sounds great to me.

Lots of You Tube videos on cleaning up algae. Nothing much more unsightly than a swamp. 😏
Hope the town fathers get it figured out.

Mari said...

Pretty morning glory.
I have a Dyson stick vac and absolutely love it. I've had it for a few years and it works great on carpet, wood floors and even rugs. It's light and I like the no cord too.

Deb J. in Utah said...

Hi Karen. We have that very same kind of cordless Dyson and we love it! I like the clean new look of your blog. Very nice! See you again tomorrow.

Ginny Hartzler said...

We love our cordless vacum! And what a gorgeous flower! Wild Morning Glory?

Granny Marigold said...

We have a built-in vacuum downstairs and a good regular corded one on the main floor but I agree. The cord is a pain. If I ever need a new vacuum I'll be sure to look at the Dyson like yours.

Victor S E Moubarak said...

When I saw your headline title and the first photo I thought you vacuum cleaned the pond.

God bless.

Ann said...

I've heard good things about Dyson products. I used to have a cordless shark but it never stayed charged long enough to finish all the vacuuming.

Billy Blue Eyes said...

That pond does look very yucky and needs cleaning. Can't say I was impressed with the dyson we had at work to start with but then it was no good in the industrial setting we used . My wife bought the hand held version of the one you have and though it does clean ok she id not over awed with it. I hope the one you have is better. PS I noticed you spotted my prunella mug, I have three to choose from

eileeninmd said...

Hello,
The new blog looks great. The pond needs the fountain working, moving the water maybe helps with the algae. The new vacuum sounds nice, is it easy to clean out. Take care, have a great day!

Hootin Anni said...

I like your new layout and color theme here!! I'll tell Bud about the vacuum (he vacuums, I scrub). Interesting how the oven was built.

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

I would be interested in the cleaner you got. Can't wait to hear how you like it after using it for awhile. Enjoy your day.

Dianna said...

Hello Karen, I've been busy with canning and freezing and haven't been able to do much blog reading so I'm catching up a bit today. I love the BBQ and Pizza Oven that Ken has worked so diligently on. He's a handy one to have around! :)

I'm glad to see that you are out walking again and building up your mileage. Carroll is currently out taking his walk for the day.

I hope you will continue to enjoy your Dyson. Our daughter has one at her job and she liked it so well that they bought one for home, too.

R's Rue said...

Beautiful photos. Love the vacuum.

Jeanette said...

I need a cordless vacuum. We have a Dyson at work and it works pretty good.

Inger said...

The Dyson 8 looks like a perfect vacuum cleaner for old me too. Mine givves me a back ache every time. Will check it out.

As always, your walk inspired me.

ellen b. said...

Glad the new vacuum is working well and light and easy to use. I've noticed that same algae on the ponds that we pass on the Rotary Trail here. And just like that it's September. Hope your September is super!