Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Wednesday, August 31, 2022

In the pond 😊

56 degrees this morning when I walked and cloudy.
Driving to town I saw 4 deer, two of them were young bucks.
Getting darker minute by minute these mornings and I have to put
the headlights are on when I drive to town.
Walked 5.3 miles
Sunrise 6:45

Walked through town, around the ball park, and both cemeteries.
Went behind the ball park along the short path.
Pretty sure I could get to the industrial park from there but
it is on private property.


Watched concrete being poured by the twin houses that are for sale.
Looks like a shared driveway and then a big concrete slab for
parking out back.
Will take a picture a day when the workers aren't there.

The only person I saw walking was John and his dog Prim.


☁️    🥾    🌻

A nice sunny day in the 60's so we spent a lot of it outside.
But first we gathered up the garbage and took it to the dump.
Ken had to pick a couple more books up from the library so we
stopped there too before coming home.

We bought a little fountain to put in the tiny pond
out front in our yard and we put it in and got it working.
Still have to gather a few more rocks to put around it 
and on the bottom to hide the rubber lining.




I did have to go in the house a little earlier than I planned on though.
As I was putting some stones in the pond I was crouched down
balancing on a rock, holding onto the bottom of the bridge. 
Then lost my grip and in the pond I went.
Ended up sitting at the bottom of it.
It was so funny!!
To bad Ken hadn't been there taking a picture.
I was soaked from head to toe so went inside and took a shower.

Then sat out on the porch to read.

That's it for today.
Thanks for popping in.
Happy Wednesday🙂
👩🏻‍🦳happyone🌻

22 comments:

Tom said...

...it didn't sound funny!

Hootin Anni said...

Sorry...but I had to laugh at your mishap. But, the fountain is a great addition!!!! I love the idea.

Galla Creek said...

Your cool weather is a blessing. Above 90 here today. Almost 80 this morning when I walked.

Hill Top Post said...

Wow, Karen, I love the pond and the fountain! How beautiful it all is! I want a tour of it. At least you got the honor of being the first to bathe in the pond. I have been reading Thoreau again. Imagine that! He said bathing each morning in the pond became a religious exercise and one of the best things he did. :~)

Deb J. in Utah said...

I love your fountain! The drive going up to your home is so welcoming! So glad you weren't hurt when you tumbled into the pond and were able to laugh about it. It is so hot here today (over 100) that falling into a pond would feel really good. Glad you had another good day. See you again soon.

Vee said...

You toppled in?! That must have been a shock, but you took it all in stride. It sure looks pretty. I imagine the deer will be getting a drink there occasionally. Your weather being so chilly... another surprise. It was in the low 80s here and muggy as all get out.

Ginny Hartzler said...

Oh my goodness, it is so good you were not hurt!! I love the sweet little pond surrounded by rocks, and the fountain. It will attract all kinds of wildlife and birds! The leaves are gorgeous.

Mari said...

You made me laugh with your pond fall. Sounds like something I would do!
It looks great!

Rose said...

I am so glad you didn't say you hurt your ankle again...that it was not it made it that much funnier. It was not at all funny when you started telling it.

Love your little pond!

William Kendall said...

Oops!

ellen b. said...

Chuckling about your soaking incident. Glad you could laugh about it. I really like the addition of that little fountain, very nice! Happy September!

roentare said...

Great pics in this wonderful garden!

Billy Blue Eyes said...

Funny I have fallen in a pond before now and my wife did take a photo, not pleasant and I had good walk back before I could get dry

Ann said...

The fountain looks great. I had to laugh reading your story about falling in. Sounds like something I would do.

Victor S E Moubarak said...

It's a lovely fountain ... attractive!

God bless.

eileeninmd said...

Hello,
Happy September! Deer hunting season is starting soon if not today. I hope all the Bambis run and hide. Your fountain is pretty, I hope you were not hurt falling in. Take care, have a great day!

Beside a babbling brook... said...

First time here, seeing new Blog Look!!!!!!

I love it!!!

White background is so much easier to read.

Whole thing is wonnnnnderrrrrfulllll! Thank you.

🍁🍎🍁 HAPPY SEPTEMBER 🍁🍎🍁

Happy@Home said...

Your weather sounds delightful. I can see why you were content outside. That is until the mishap. Glad to hear there weren't any injuries and your sense of humor remained intact.

Dianna said...

The pond looks lovely but sorry you lost your grip and ended up at the bottom.

Debby said...

Oh boy on the fall in the pond stunt - sometimes, that is how accidents happen. I'd hate to fall in our pond - it has fish in it.

Lowcarb team member said...

Oops!

It is a lovely looking pond and fountain though.

All the best Jan

Jeanette said...

I love your little pond! You must like it too if you sat right down in it! JK