Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Friday, August 26, 2022

Friday

 This morning when I went walking it was 62 degrees
with a mix of sun and clouds.
Walked 5.3 miles
Sunrise 6:40


Walked right through town and over to the industrial park
and walked around in there.
Only 5 business in the park so it is a nice quiet and pretty place
to walk.
What's nice about this road is there are no hills!




From the industrial park I walked over to the ball park and walked
around it twice and then on to the lower cemetery.
Once around there and back to the Jeep.

Didn't see anyone else walking this morning.

Another then and now picture on the main street in town.




🌤    🥾    🌻

It was a nice sunny day and I went outside and did my usual
puttering and walking around.
It was a bit buggy out so didn't stay outside a long time.

Made some weave-it squares and sewed them together this afternoon.
I'm already half finished with next months baby blanket!!
Like most afternoons I did a little reading.

That's all I've got for today.
Happy Friday🙂
👩🏻‍🦳happyone🌻

Comment Replies:
Diane - Yes, we have watched the Larkrise to Candleford series and we liked it a lot too.

13 comments:

Tom said...

...it's nice to see a historic building that hasn't been "modernized!"

Rose said...

I forgot to tell you yesterday that I liked the the Then & Now photos, and love those of today. I just enjoy them so much.

I started to leave a big long list of my favorite mysteries and then thought it was too many. LOL

Have you watched Anne with an E...it is good. We also liked Northern Borders. (neither are myseteries) If you ever get the chance, watch Goodnight, Mister Tom.

William Kendall said...

That house is well kept up.

ellen b. said...

Another nice building in your town. I do like a nice flat walk with a few ups and downs. Happy Friday to you and I hope your weekend is a good one. Yikes, it's the last weekend in August!!

Hootin Anni said...

I am enjoying your then and now series. Also ...beautiful sunflowers.

Ginny Hartzler said...

Your sunflower photo is absolutely gorgeous!!

Ann said...

Love the sunflowers in the first picture.
That house in the then and now pictures sure has been well maintained.

eileeninmd said...

Hello,
Wonderful collection of photos, I love the sunflowers.
It is neat seeing the then and now photos.
Happy weekend to you!

Melanie said...

Hi, Karen. I posted some close-up photos of my Mitford village as you'd asked. If you'd like to see any better, let me know and I'll do more. These photos were taken some time ago. Have a lovely weekend!

Vee said...

It's interesting to see what happens with rooflines on the before and afters. This offering has a 50-50 split with one being changed and the other remaining the same. I found an old photo of my son's house. It is so pretty and romanticized as it was made into a postcard.

That business area does look perfect for walking.

Lowcarb team member said...

Those sunflowers are beautiful ...

Enjoy your weekend.

All the best Jan

Granny Marigold said...

That old house which seems to be a gift shop/store now has come through the years with not too many changes.
Pretty Sunflowers.

Inger said...

Great pictures to illustrate your town. And the sun flowers are magnificent!