Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Friday, August 19, 2022

Sunny Friday

 Another foggy start to the day.
The temperature was 56. 
Sunrise 6:34, a few minutes later after taking this picture, 
which I took at the stop sign.
You can barely see the two deer running away.


Walked around the lower cemetery first and then headed
up the hill to the other one.


Now I'm in the cemetery.


Left a message on the mirror.


On my way now to the ball park.


Walked around the ball park and then back to the pond.
By this time the sun was shining brightly as I walked down the
main street in town.


Passing by the bank there was yet another truck load of
gravel being dumped.

A new walker walking around town but he had ear pods in and barely
noticed me.  
No other walkers around that I saw but two young lads were
fishing at the pond getting in those last days of fun before school starts.

A delightful morning walk.
5 miles

☀️     🥾    🌼

Washed a few windows and did some dusting around the house.
Ken was outside having fun on his tractor.

We made nachos for lunch and ate them sitting out on the porch.
We had sodas with ice and when we were finished we threw the
ice cubes one at a time from the porch and TRIED to get them into a flower pot.
Ken had more luck than I did getting two in.
The closest I came was hitting the rim.
 
Then back to the tractor for Ken and I went inside and baked a
chocolate cake with white icing.
Then sliced strawberries and put them on top.

We'll have that for our snack tonight instead of ice cream.

Read a while on the porch.
Sewed some weave-it squares together for the next baby blanket.
I get a kick out of these color names.
Watermelon and Super Duper Yellow.
Ken says these colors will keep the baby up all night.🙂
I'll be making more squares this evening.


That's all folks.
Thanks so much for visiting.
Happy Friday🙂
👩🏻‍🦳happyone🌻

Comment Replies:
Connie - don't know exactly how many miles I walk a year on my morning walk but I'd guess somewhere around 2,000 miles.

17 comments:

Mari said...

It was another beautiful day of walking!
I love you and Ken throwing ice cubes. Simple fun with the one you love!
That baby blanket will be very cheerful!

Rose said...

Oh, I love those colors.

What a beautiful day to walk...love the fog.

HWIT BLOGG said...

Another lovely walk! Great pictures...
Have a lovely weekend now and take care.
Titti

Deb J. in Utah said...

Hi Karen, I really like those bright and cheerful colors of the baby blanket. Your ice cube throwing contest with Ken sounds like fun. Hope you have a good weekend. :-)

Tom said...

...I love your foggy start, it's hot and dry here!

Ruth Hiebert said...

Those cooler morning are a treat. I am waiting for more of those over here.

Vee said...

Ken is funny! I think those colors are a great combination. Already up to 5 miles, can 6 be far behind? ☺️

Hill Top Post said...

The world looks quite different on foggy mornings. I love your pictures today. I think the baby will love this colorful blanket.

ellen b. said...

Your baby blanket squares remind me of Sherbet colors. Glad you are having good walks and able to increase your miles.

Ginny Hartzler said...

Your shot of the misty cemetery is eerily stunning!

Hootin Anni said...

Don't mind Ken...those colors for your blanket are delightful!!
Love seeing your messages on the mirror.

Victor S E Moubarak said...

5 miles - you're improving, praise God.

God bless.

Ann said...

It looks like a beautiful morning for a walk. Your game with the ice cubes proves that you don't have to spend money to have fun. I love simple pleasures like that.

eileeninmd said...

Beautiful photos, love the deer running. Cute message on the mirror. Your squares look pretty, love the colors. Have a great weekend.

Sandy said...

You got some great pictures on your walk. I LOVE the one from the road up with the corn on the side. It has such a cool feel to it. Fun colors, looking forward to seeing your blanket progress.

Billy Blue Eyes said...

Nice atmospheric photos

Beside a babbling brook... said...

Beautiful weather here tooooo!!!!

-giggles- about the blanket colors. But babies need stimulation, to learn to cope with this world. After all, they have spent 9 months in darkness. It's now time to show them COLOR!!!!!! :-))))

😊 💛 😊