Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Thursday, August 04, 2022

Walking on hold

No walk this morning.
Thanks for all your kind thoughts and prayers.
Some of the swelling of my ankle has gone down and it isn't quite
so painful today.
Still limping around when I have to get up and walk,
but Ken continues to take good care of me.
Have a feeling I won't be walking for a while.

This is a picture from a couple of days ago.


Not doing much.
Reading 
Knitting
Sitting on the Porch
That's about it.

I got a new spring form pan in the mail.
The one I had started leaking when I made David's birthday cheese cake.
Had the pan for years and the seal wasn't working any more.
This new pan is a Wilton.
I'll have to make another cheese cake to make sure it doesn't leak. 🙂

That's going to be it for today.
Thanks for coming by.
A happy day to you. 🙂
👩🏻‍🦳 happyone❤️ 

23 comments:

Tom said...

...I hope that you will be on the mend soon.

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

I hope you heal quickly and feel better soon. I'm keeping you in my prayers. Take care of yourself my friend! Diane

Ginny Hartzler said...

I'm so glad you are at least no worse! I find Wilton pans to be very good!

Lowcarb team member said...

I like the idea of making a cheese-cake :)
But do please take care of yourself.

All the best Jan

Debi said...

Glad you have Ken to take good care of you. Be careful and don't rush your recovery!

Jeanette said...

Sending healing thoughts your way! I'm glad Ken is taking such good care of you!

Mari said...

I'm glad Ken is looking after you well, of course we knew he would! Glad you are resting it, don't do too much too soon!

William Kendall said...

A lovely picture.

ellen b. said...

Glad you are a little better today and that you are taking it easy. I'll be using one of my springform pans tomorrow for a dessert. Hope you feel even better tomorrow! Sending up a pray for healing!

Vee said...

Love my springform pan. Making another cheesecake sounds like a fine idea. The having to be careful of your ankle can't be pleasant. I think you'll be walking in a few short weeks.

Dianna said...

I'm glad that the swelling has gone down some. Take care and rest that ankle.

Ann said...

Glad to hear that Ken is taking good care of you. Give that ankle plenty of time to heal and take it easy. Feel better soon.

Hootin Anni said...

Be vigilant and rest the injury fully!!

Aritha V. said...

Oh how bad for you. I think all hikers fall from time to time and it is an unpleasant experience. We want to keep moving and walking, don't we? You should now be able to start one of your new winter puzzles :)

I wish you a speedy recovery. And above all a lot of patience. Keep writing here, please...

eileeninmd said...

Hello,
I am sure your ankle needs time to heal. I am glad you have Ken to help you.
Take care, wishes for a speedy recovery. Take care, enjoy your day!!

Billy Blue Eyes said...

I read you hurt it yesterday so I can only sympathise with you as I do know how it feels. I seem to gain injuries that take longer to heal as I grow older. Hope you get better soon

Victor S E Moubarak said...

Have a rest and relax a little. Imagine the walks in your head; you'll enjoy them all the better when you go walking again ... soon.

God bless.

KEV. Robertson. said...

Best Wishes for a swift recovery from your Ankle Injury- I had something similar some while back and found that a 'Moon Boot' really helped recovery. Best Wishes. KEV.

Anonymous said...

Karen, just read about your walking accident. I am so sorry this happened.
Take it easy for awhile and enjoy Ken taking care of you.❤️
Robin

Ruth Hiebert said...

I'm glad you have Ken around to take care of you. Take it easy and allow your ankle to heal.

Kerin said...

Sorry that you hurt your ankle! I think taking it easy for a bit and letting Ken take care of you is a good idea!
I hope that your ankle heals fast and well!!

Love that sweet bunny in your previous post :)

{{hugs}}
~K.

Granny Marigold said...

I hope your ankle heals soon and you can get back to your daily walks.

Debby said...

Yep, just rest it for a few days and then go back at it in smaller increments.