Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Wednesday, July 20, 2022

Wednesday

 Just like yesterday morning for walking,
64 degrees and cloudy.

Walked around town, both cemeteries and the ball park loop.
Collage walking around the lower cemetery.


Saw some people but they were all far away so didn't say good
morning to anyone.
At a distance I saw Roger, John, Lisa, Farmer Marvin,
a runner and another walker I didn't know.

Oh by the way the white truck is no longer at the dealers.
I checked everywhere.
I think someone bought it!!


Near the end of my walk the sun started to break through the clouds.

On the drive to town there were three fawns running down the
middle of the road just down from my house.
I drove very slow and at one time even stopped before they
finally ran back into the woods.

Driving home saw another deer saunter across the road when I 
was just about home.
Managed to get this picture of her.


Walked 6 miles


Put the ingredients for chili in the slow cooker this morning and 
that took care of supper.
Ken was nice and cut up all the vegetables while I browned
the sausage and ground beef.

Got the sheets washed and two other loads of laundry done too.
I bet they dried faster outside than in a dryer.

While I was hanging the wash out the deer and her fawn
were out back with me.  They just looked up and then went
back to eating.
There were also a few wild turkeys there but they all flew away
as soon as I went outside.

Anyone still doing Wordle?
I'm still liking it.
I've only NOT gotten the word a couple of times and today
was one that stumped me.

Read and sewed some weave-it squares.
Just 3 more squares to make for the latest baby blanket.

That's all for today.
A happy day to you. πŸ€—
Thanks for stopping by.
πŸ‘©πŸ»‍🦳 happyone ❤️

Comment Replies:
Jeanette - The Victorian house being renovated has a young couple living there with two kids and another on the way.  They've been there a few years now and are fixing it up for themselves.

19 comments:

Tom said...

...64 sounds heavenly, here the heat index hit above 100F!

Mari said...

You've had such nice walking weather! I'm glad you got to see the fawns. They are so cute. I'm watching for deer when I'm driving too.

Debby said...

I'd love to walk in your area - so green and peaceful. It's like taking a step back in time.

Ginny Hartzler said...

The deer around there are so tame! What are these beautiful yellow and lavender flowers?

Deb J. in Utah said...

Slow cooker chili is one of my favorites. I gave up on Wordle after just a couple of weeks. Although I enjoy reading and writing, I tend not to be very good at word games. I love all the wildlife and beautiful flowers in your area. Hope you have a good evening. See you again tomorrow!

Hootin Anni said...

Beautiful image of the blazing star!! And, the deer sightings are always a good thing for me. Yes, the laundry dried outdoors is best...nothing like the open-air fresh scent.

Billy Blue Eyes said...

You know in a few years you will have worn a groove in the ground on the route you walk but I must admit it does look a pleasant one to do. Nice to see a deer saunter across the road, they tend to run across here

Victor S E Moubarak said...

You have such nice places for walks where you are.

God bless.

Ann said...

It was 70 when I left for work yesterday morning. Very hot after work but thankfully there was a breeze.

eileeninmd said...

Hello,
You had nice walking weather, I love the flowers and the deer.
Chili sounds yummy for dinner. Take care, enjoy your day!

Aritha V. said...

Hi, I love all the photos. The flowers, the deer. Nice! Here it is raining and that makes me so happy! It was very warm for days and now we have rain.

It is my 9 th Covid day. No fever, the fever is gone but I am soooo tired. I can't walk in the forest.

Sandi said...

My guess is Scrooge Mc Duck or Thurston Howell the Third bought that crazy expensive truck!

Bill said...

Walking in the early morning has many blessings. Deers, flowers, beautiful weather and a happy walker. :)

ellen b. said...

Woohoo for good walking temps. Slow cooker cooking is such a treat in the busy summer months. Sweet to have the mama and fawn enjoy your yard!

Dianna said...

I'm so glad that you live where you can have a clothes line. I miss mine from our previous home. Where we live now, it would be rather counter-productive because of all of the dust from the road.

Beside a babbling brook... said...

Super new Header!!!!

🌼🌱🌼

Granny Marigold said...

I'm intrigued by the picture with the yellow flowers. What gives the foliage such unique look? It look like a black-and-white photo that you've somehow 'coloured' the flowers.
I'm still doing Wordle and mostly I get the word but like you I get stumped sometimes. (I've even gone so far as to message Sheila at work to ask her for the first letter.)

William Kendall said...

Deer are a welcome sight to see.

Jeanette said...

I do the wordle every day and only occasionally miss a word. Sometimes it's well into the evening before I figure it out! My daughter and I share the results with one another! Thanks for the info on the Victorian house.