Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Tuesday, July 19, 2022

Another day zooms by

 64 degrees and cloudy this morning for walking and a little breeze.

Walked all around town and the two cemeteries.
Never made it around the ball park.

Both sides of the road up to the cemetery have corn growing.
Today with a breeze I heard that neat sound of
the wind rustling through the corn. Such a great sound.


I walked in among the gravestones and went over by the big tree.
I startled some big bird in the tree and it startled me too.
Then saw a big old turkey buzzard fly off.

The big Victorian house in town is still getting work done on it.
New siding (one side is done)
The porch is getting a new roof.
All new windows are being installed.
Three older men are doing the work and it is taking a long time
but it is going to look so nice when it all gets done.

Walked past the car dealer and happened to look at the price
of this white pick-up truck.
Care to take a guess on the price?
I'll tell you at the end of this post.


Didn't see anyone else out walking or running today.

Another great morning for walking.

Walked 6 miles


This morning we did our food shopping at the Casselman Market.
There is a hardware store in the strip mall there too and
we took a look around.
Had to get a new hose and a few other things we didn't know we needed!
Topped off the gas tank in the Jeep while we were out too.

By the time we got home the sun was shining.
Not long after we had lunch.

Last night I finished reading
What in the World is Going On by David Jeremiah.
It is about the prophesies of the Rapture, Tribulation and
the Second Coming of Jesus.
It is more of a Bible study and is an excellent book.


Went to town this afternoon to drop the book off at the library
and pick up another.
One for Ken was there too.

It ended up being a nice sunny day with cool breezes.
Hope it is like this tomorrow so I can get some laundry done.

That's it for today.
Thanks for stopping by.
A happy day to you.🤗
👩🏻‍🦳 happyone ❤️

Comment Replies:
Melanie - come on up, lots of places you can put up a tent! 😀⛺️

Debby - I have two pizza stones and they are from Pampered Chef too.  Ken's family owned a pizza restaurant also and we have a large pizza pan from that.  Our pizza pan is over 50 years old. 

Anni - A pizza peel is what is used to take pizza in and out of the oven.









💰💰
The price of the white pick up truck is, can you believe, just over $74,000!! 💰💰
That is $14,000 MORE that the first house we bought!

22 comments:

Tom said...

...there is a road here similar to your with corn right up to the shoulders, it like driving through a canyon. I can't guess, the price of new trucks insane. It was a HOT day here.

Granny Marigold said...

Not knowing much about the price of pick-ups I made a mental guess of $50,000. Boy, was I ever out.
I do remember the sound the wind makes rustling through a field of corn. I'm thankful that I grew up on a farm although at the time I wished we lived in town.

Ann said...

Sounds like a wonderful day. Yikes on that truck price. I guessed a little low at $50,0000 The loan on my house was somewhere around $48,000 so this way over that.

Mari said...

I love the sound of corn rustling in the wind.
I hope you show pics of that house when it's done.
That book sounds very interesting. I like David Jeremiah.
We won't be getting a new truck - that's more than we paid for our first house too!

Ginny Hartzler said...

My guess had been $50,000. The prices of trucks is unbelievable! These flowers are so prett!

William Kendall said...

A proper restoration is worth taking the time to do it right.

Hill Top Post said...

Oh yes these days do zoom quickly by! I would like to walk through that tunnel of corn and listen to the wind’s rustling of those long leaves!

Deb J. in Utah said...

Yes, I have heard that some people's car payments are more than their house payments! Our first single family home cost us $63,000 back in 1983. That truck is way more than that. That same little house probably would go for about $500,000 now. Crazy. Glad you are having a good week. :-)

eileeninmd said...

Hello,
The first scene could be in my neighborhood, the corn is growing really tall now. Love the pretty flowers. I was only 4,000 off on the truck, I thought it was 70,000. Take care, enjoy your day!

Galla Creek said...

Wow, I was thinking 50 k on the trunk. I was way off. I like David Jeremiah.

Hootin Anni said...

Ya, those prices for any vehicle is sticker shock!!! I was reading about EV cars yesterday, and the article has prices of replacement batteries...$2500 to $20,000!!! Makes electric cars out of reach for so many! Even if the batteries are long lasting!
Thanks for the explaining of a peel. Never knew.

Sandi said...

Ok, I was going to guess $50-60K. Wow.

Victor S E Moubarak said...

Dr David Jeremiah is good on TV. We wash him frequently.

God bless.

Victor S E Moubarak said...

WATCH HIM !!! WATCH HIM.

Kerin said...

The sound of corn rustling in the wind is a joyous sound!
I'm so curious about the big victorian house, and happy that someone is breathing new life into it!

It blows my mind how expensive vehicles are now!
There was a great pickup at one of our local dealerships it was $82,000!!!
My sweet husband told me that he will buy it for me....after someone owns it for years and years and the price drops under the cost of our first house too!! LOL!!!

Smiles :)
~K.

Dianna said...

That's some truck for that price! It seems to be the way of life these days, unfortunately.

Your walk sounds really nice with the exception of you being startled by the large bird.

Bill said...

Pretty flowers. The price of the truck is insane, I can't image what it would be if it was electric.

Debby said...

New vehicles are outrageous these days. Love the road shot.

ellen b. said...

Love the cornstalk path you walked on! Fun to enjoy that breeze through the corn. Yikes on the price of that truck. I guess we'll just keep our oldie but goodie gas guzzler!!

Jeanette said...

That is a beautiful truck but yikes! I can't imagine paying that much for a vehicle! I wonder if the old house is being restored to be lived in or flipped? Around here old houses are rarely restored anymore. Just torn down so new houses that look like old houses can be built!

Ruth Hiebert said...

I can just about hear that corn rustling. That is a lovely sound.

Billy Blue Eyes said...

74k even that is more that the price I paid for this house and that was 35 years ago. The road from our village is banked by corn and barley fields normally