Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Sunday, July 10, 2022

Sunrise, Hymn, Verse

Happy Sunday


 🌤    🌤

🎶 I Know Who Holds Tomorrow 🎶
- Ira Stamphill -

1. I don't know about tomorrow,
I just live from day to day.
I don't borrow from its sunshine,
For its skies may turn to gray.
I don't worry o'er the future,
For I know what Jesus said,
And today I'll walk beside Him,
For He knows what is ahead.

Refrain:
Many things about tomorrow,
I don't seem to understand;
But I know who holds tomorrow,
And I know who holds my hand.

2. Every step is getting brighter,
As the golden stairs I climb;
Every burden's getting lighter;
Every cloud is silver lined.
There the sun is always shining,
There no tear will dim the eye,
At the ending of the rainbow,
Where the mountains touch the sky. [Refrain]

3. I don't know about tomorrow,
It may bring me poverty;
But the one who feeds the sparrow,
Is the one who stands by me.
And the path that be my portion,
May be through the flame or flood,
But His presence goes before me,
And I'm covered with His blood. [Refrain]

🎶    🎶

📖 Proverbs 27:1 📖

Boast not thyself of tomorrow; 
for thou knowest not what a day may bring forth.


A blessed Sunday to all.
Jesus Loves You ❤️
👩🏻‍🦳 happpyone 🤗

Comment Replies:
Ginny - The flower on yesterday's post is Butterfly Weed.
Inger - Ken says if you are every in the area you have a standing invitation to see his train layout.  🛤 🚂

14 comments:

Tom said...

...a fabulous way to start the day.

Ginny Hartzler said...

I love these words! I am so glad we do not know the future, we have enough to deal with in the present.

William Kendall said...

A beautiful shot.

Sandi said...

"I don't worry o'er the future,
For I know what Jesus said,
And today I'll walk beside Him,
For He knows what is ahead."

Amen to that.

Ruth Hiebert said...

I love that old song, but don’t hear it often.

Lowcarb team member said...

That is a lovely photograph.
Happy Sunday wishes.

All the best Jan

Mari said...

Another beautiful sunrise.
I really like that old hymn.

ellen b. said...

So good to know the one who holds tomorrow and today! Blessings...

Victor S E Moubarak said...

Great proverb. Thank you.

God bless.

Hootin Anni said...

I don't think I've 'heard' this hymn before.

Looks a bit stormy

eileeninmd said...

Love the sky photo!
Take care, enjoy your day and have a happy new week!

Ann said...

What a lovely hymn. I've never heard it before.

Bill said...

Beautiful sky photo!

Inger said...

Gorgeous picture! Thanks for the good wishes.