Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Monday, July 11, 2022

A beautiful morning

 

This morning when I went walking it was 57 degrees 
with a mix of sun and clouds.
A beautiful morning.
Sunrise 6:59


Walked all around town, around the industrial park,
back down toward home a ways, and through town again.


Saw a few deer on my way to town and some cows
 down at the fence in the new pasture of Farmer Marvin.

Joy was out walking and we stopped and talked for a few minutes.
John was out walking too with his dog.
Kermit was out by his house putting up a new mail box
so stopped to talk to him too.

Walked 6 miles

🌤    🥾    🌼

Washing sheet day and a perfect day for it.
Dried in no time on the line.
I did two other loads of laundry as well.

Worked at getting the laundry room all nice and clean.
The floor needed to be washed.
We had some small rug remnants down in the basement
and I took a couple of them and put them by the door in the
laundry room and over by the washing machine.

Worked on the latest baby blanket.
I now have 42 squares made and sewn together for the
AUGUST blanket. 
I'm a month ahead!! 
Colors I'm using are gold and autumn red.

Thanks for stopping by.
A happy day to you. 🤗
👩🏻‍🦳 happyone ❤️
🙂Be the reason someone smiles today🙂

21 comments:

Tom said...

...I like seeing the Queen Anne's Lace along the road. It is so dry here that the corn is starting to roll.

Debby said...

NO wonder you live there - it looks like 150 years ago. So pretty and all your townspeople seem to be friendly and nice.

Not so much here. I mean they are friendlier than when I lived in the Bay Area - but most people pull into their garage and that is the last you see of them.

I like the photo of your shadow! Lol

Mari said...

Looks like another beautiful morning there! We were supposed to have storms, but they passed by us.
You are doing great on that blanket!

Deb J. in Utah said...

Hi Karen - gold and red will be perfect for an autumn blanket. Sounds like you are having perfect weather. It is super hot here in the West.

Debi said...

I love when the day is perfect for drying clothes outside. I have rugs in my laundry room in summer because the outside door there is a direct route to the bathroom for all my swimmers. The rugs help keep the floor clean longer.

William Kendall said...

A lovely sky in that first shot.

Granny Marigold said...

We had the same kind of lovely weather here although the temperature reached 31 C (our hottest day so far this summer). That would be about 88F. Luckily we walk early and it was nice and cool.

Dianna said...

Your August baby blanket colors sound pretty! Hope the table sold on Saturday.

Hill Top Post said...

For the first time in a long long while, I dried our bedding in the clothes dryer. With dust flying everywhere because of the drought, it just seems dirty outside. I love your shadow picture.

Ginny Hartzler said...

You have more energy than anyone I have ever known!!

Hootin Anni said...

Your new nickname is "bunny". You just keep going and going!!

Ann said...

I haven't hung anything out on the line in forever.
That baby blanket sounds like it will be pretty with those colors.

Victor S E Moubarak said...

I did not realise you are so tall.

God bless.

eileeninmd said...

Beautiful sky capture, I like your shadow shot.
Have a great day!

Aritha V. said...

Nice, isn't it, a morning walk. I did it again today (in the woods, 7:30 am). In the summer I like to walk before the heat and before the dew has evaporated.

I enjoy your blog because it is so recognizable and yet so different. Here in the Netherlands it is now high summer and it will be a warm week. But my daughter in central France says it's even warmer there.

I also started knitting. It will be a winter scarf. So ... in December I have a new scarf.

Melanie said...

What lovely temps for a morning walk! We're starting out in the 70s first thing in the morning. We're supposed to get a "cold" front tonight and tomorrow and it will only be about 86b degrees tomorrow. I'm trying to write that without laughing! I need to investigate on your site how you make your baby blankets. I'd love to begin doing something like that. Have a great week.

Vee said...

Gold and red sounds terrific. There are many August flowers that color as things begin to wind down. It was beautiful yesterday and again today. We seem to be having a long stretch of lovely summer days. It is good to chat with your friends. I seldom do and that is not to my credit.

Beside a babbling brook... said...

Today is clean sheet day here. Washed and in the dryer. No way for me to hang them out.

Will get it made early! Sometimes, too many times, we wait till evening, and that is notttt a good idea. lol

Bill said...

A beautiful morning sky.

HWIT BLOGG said...

Lovely shots of a lovely morning!
Have a beautiful Summertime and take care...
Titti

ellen b. said...

It really does look like a day that was perfect for hanging clothes out to dry.