Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Saturday, July 09, 2022

Saturday

 60 degrees and cloudy just like yesterday morning.
Walked all around town, the cemeteries, and ball park.

Thought the three different color cone flowers looked pretty together.


People setting up for todays yard sales.
The chairs we brought to the church are gone and the other
little things as well but the table was still there.
Perhaps it will be sold today.


Stopped to talk to a few people I knew who were having 
yard sales but wasn't tempted to buy anything.

Saw John out walking his dog.

Walked 6 miles

☁️    πŸ₯Ύ    ☁️

Pancakes for breakfast today.

Then off to the dump again.  Ken is still getting rid of stuff
from the basement so more went in the dump as well as
the regular household garbage.

The basement is looking really good and now there is more room 
around the train layout which makes it easier to walk around it.  
The train layout is done now except Ken is still
putting in some extra details to make it look even more real.
He likes to make little scenes to make it interesting.
Once winter comes and I'm back to walking around the layout
once in a while I'll have to new pictures of it to post.

This afternoon I started knitting another scarf.
I'm making three of them and now I'm working on number 2.
They are for the three librarians in town.

That's about all I did today.
Thanks for stopping by.
A happy Saturday to you. πŸ€—
πŸ‘©πŸ»‍🦳 happyone ❤️
πŸ™‚Be the reason someone smiles todayπŸ™‚

Comment Replies:
Debby - I like my bread machine and use it A LOT.  I wore out the first one and I'm on my second one now.  Mine is an Oster.

17 comments:

William Kendall said...

Beautiful and bright flowers!

Tom said...

...the cone flowers are great and so is the Asclepias tuberosa, the butterfly weed!

Hootin Anni said...

Beautiful...nature's bouquet!!!
You do keep yourself busy. I look forward to the basement train layout & its changes.

Ginny Hartzler said...

These orange flowers are really pretty! Do you know what they are?

Hill Top Post said...

The coneflowers make such a pretty arrangement, all fresh and cheeryful looking. I am already looking forward to seeing the train layout.

Deb J. in Utah said...

Those flowers are beautiful! So nice of you to make scarves for the librarians in your town. It is always nice to clear unneeded things out of the house. I have two big black garbage bags of things to donate somewhere next week. I will look forward to seeing pictures of the new scenes that Ken is making in his train layout. Have a good Sunday. See you again tomorrow!

Mari said...

I love cone flowers. Ours are blooming too. Yours are a cheery mix of colors.
Good for you with your work in the basement. I'm working on a spare room at the moment. Feels good!

Ann said...

I've always liked coneflowers and the three colors do look good together.

Victor S E Moubarak said...

We had a yard sale years ago. We put all the stuff out in the front garden and grandpa sat there to mind all the items. Moments later when we got out, someone had bought grandpa for only £1. We had to buy him back for £2. We tied his leg to a table so he does not get sold again. Someone bought him with the table thinking it is a set to be sold together. So we had to buy him back and the table for £4. We made a loss at that yard sale because we bought back more items than we sold.

God bless.

eileeninmd said...

Hello,
I love the coneflowers and the butterfly weed, beautiful images.
I look forward to seeing Ken's train layout.
Take care, enjoy your day and happy new week ahead.

Retired Knitter said...

I love yard sales - especially when a large group is holding one and you can get out of your car and check out a bunch with one visit. Now that my husband is blind, we don’t get to do that. No point. And I am not too sad about that because I don’t need to add any more stuff to my already too much “stuff."

Ruth Hiebert said...

Those Cone Flowers are beautiful.

Bill said...

The flowers are very pretty.

Beside a babbling brook... said...

Gorgeous flowers...

Hope everyone did well, with the town wide yard sale!

Gentle hugs,
πŸ“ πŸ“ πŸ“ πŸ“ πŸ“ πŸ“

Inger said...

If you lived closer, I would invite myself so I could see Ken's train setup in real life. It must be something else. As always I love to read about your walks.

Vee said...

What? We have to wait for winter to see Ken's new layouts? 😏

ellen b. said...

That's nice of you to make scarves for the librarians! Hope you weekend is ending well. We are recuperating after a full weekend with a fair share of our kids!