Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Monday, July 18, 2022

Monday


67 degrees this morning when I walked, cloudy and looking like rain.

Walked up and down all the streets in town first and then
the lower cemetery, through town and up behind the house 
where we used to live in town.


Looking like rain.


Then walked over to the ball park and around there twice.
Then up to the cemetery on the hill.

Roger was out walking his dog again.
I saw a man walking and a woman running but didn't know them.

Walking up the hill to the cemetery I ran into Joy coming down the hill.
We stopped to talk and Joy pulled out her phone and looked
up the weather.  The radar showed lots of rain on the way.
We said we'd better get moving before the rain comes.

Walking around the cemetery for the second time and with less than 
a quarter mile to go I felt the first drops of rain.
The rain drops on my shirt were just starting to blend together
when I made it back to the car.

Walked 6 miles

☁️    🌧    🥾

Usually wash the sheets on Mondays but it was rainy
so put it off till tomorrow.

Got a good start on this weeks house cleaning.

Sewed another strip on the baby blanket.
Only 2 more strips to go.
(7 squares to a strip)

I was looking through some old pictures this afternoon and
came across this one of 
John and Petey. 
I met them walking when we lived down in Howard county.
In this picture they are 90 years old and walked
2 1/2 miles every morning.
I think about them once in a while and wonder if they made it to 100.
Very nice people and my inspiration.


That's all I've got for today.
Thanks for stopping by.
A happy day to you. 🤗
👩🏻‍🦳 happyone ❤️

Comment Replies:
Vee and Mari - You asked about some pizza making tips.  
We use a pizza stone that is put in the oven and preheated to 500 degrees.

The dough gets spread out on a peel that has been sprinkled with corn meal.
(CORN MEAL is very important as it helps slide the pizza onto the stone in the oven)

After putting on the cheese and toppings, olive oil is sprinkled around on the crust.

The pizza on the peel then carefully gets transferred to the stone in the oven.  

It takes about 12 minutes before it's done.

23 comments:

Tom said...

..I love the weathered barn. It finally rained here today and the garden looks a lot happier!

Dianna said...

What an amazing couple to have been walking 2 1/2 miles a day when they were 90! I can see why they would be your inspiration!

Deb J. in Utah said...

Thanks for the pizza making tips. I need to get a pizza stone. I bet that John and Petey made it to 100, if they walked every morning. Walking is so great for health and happiness! We had some rain here today as well, but then the clouds moved out and the heat moved back in. I have spent most of my day today cleaning and doing laundry too. Tonight, I hope to do some reading and relaxing. See you again tomorrow!

Hill Top Post said...

Yay for John and Petey. They should be an inspiration to us all. Those cloudy skies look mighty good to me. We finally got rain overnight. What a blessing!

William Kendall said...

A brooding sky in that third shot.

Ginny Hartzler said...

I can see the distant rain, good thing you didn't get soaked.

Connie said...

Bravo for John and Petey . . . that is amazing!
I can see that being you, one day :)

Mari said...

Thanks for the pizza making tips. I do have a stone, but not a peel.
I love the pic of John and Petey! Good for them!

Vee said...

🍕 Don't mind me...I remembered those tips from another time when I must've asked. 🤦🏻‍♀️ Now I should get a pizza stone and some cornmeal.

It rained all afternoon and is raining still. We have needed it so I am not complaining. How cute are John and Petey. You could easily do some sleuthing and find out some answers, but perhaps it is best to think of them as they were. Wonderful inspirations.

Victor S E Moubarak said...

That barn has character.

God bless.

Ann said...

That's pretty much what it looked like here all day yesterday. We didn't get much rain though.
That couple is an inspiration walking every day at that age.

Hootin Anni said...

I haven't the slightest idea what a pizza peel is!! But I do know the phone number to call for pizza delivery!! The couple inspired us all. And your rainy skies -I am so jealous.

eileeninmd said...

Hello,
Love the barn photo. We had some thunderstorms last night, the sky gets so dark. I would like to think the couple made it to 100, cute couple.
Take care, enjoy your day and the week ahead.

Billy Blue Eyes said...

Now I hope you did not live in the fist place you showed. Good on those guys walking everyday at 90 I know w few people who never mad it that far

Lisa said...

I love the look of old barns. I always picture what they were used for and how they looked when they were fresh built. But I bet they didn't look much different new as they do old. Looks like rain here today too.
Lisa

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

You have perfect temps for walking right now! We'll have to wait a couple of months before we feel that cool when we get out! Enjoy your day! Love that first photo!

Melanie said...

We had some much-needed rain yesterday afternoon along with a nice breeze. The temps weren't too bad but it's supposed to get mid 90s by the end of the week!
Do you have a place in back of your property that I could pitch a tent until this heat is over? :) Have a great week!

Inger said...

I love the barn and the promise of rain. No rain here of course.

Bill said...

Beautiful weathered barn. I hope that couple made it to 100, I love that they were still walking when they were 90.

Debby said...

I used to have a pizza stone - 2 of them from Pampered Chef. My sister and her 2nd husband used to own a pizza restaurant. She gave me some pizza pans and the screens that they used and I'm still using them. They are an extra large size.

Nice walk - the barn is nice. I am always drawn to old barns.

Happy@Home said...

A very sweet picture of John and Petey. They are definitely an inspiration.
After reading your pizza tips I am craving a pizza :)

Beside a babbling brook... said...

What an amazing couple!!!!!

🌼🌼🌼🌼🌼🌼🌼🌼

ellen b. said...

What a sweet looking couple. Glad they inspired you!