Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Wednesday, July 27, 2022

Home cleaning

When I got up it was pouring down rain but by the time
I left the house it had stopped.
Temperature was 64 and cloudy with a slight breeze.


Walked all around town, the ball park and the cemetery
on top of the hill. 
Didn't made it to the lower cemetery - I ran out of miles.


Went to to see the bulls and was greeted by an empty barn yard.
Must have all been sold.
It probably won't be long before I meet the next bunch of bulls.


Saw Joy and a couple other people walking dogs but they
were all too far away to talk to.

They have resumed working on the drive thru banking
at the bank after not doing anything at all for months and months.
Gravel was getting delivered this morning.
Doesn't seem like they will ever be done!!

Saw a few deer on the my way to town and one of them was a buck.
Looked like a 6 point one.
I don't see many bucks.

Walked 6 miles


We weren't home the last couple of mornings and I didn't do housework
so this morning got right in on the cleaning.

I put some chicken in the slow cooker and covered with
zesty Italian dressing.
Like to cook a bunch of chicken and then use it in recipes
during the week.
Today the chicken went into the
Chicken Quesadillas we had for supper.

Found some time for a little reading and knitting too.

Thanks so much for stopping by today.
A happy Wednesday to you. 🤗
👩🏻‍🦳 happyone ❤️

23 comments:

Tom said...

...we could use some more rain. The hydrangea looks happy after your rain.

Ginny Hartzler said...

Your meals always sound so good!! You must post some recipes some time!

William Kendall said...

I guess the bucks stay away.

ellen b. said...

That's one of my favorite ways to cook chicken, with Zesty Italian dressing. Quesadillas sound real good right now.

Bill said...

There is no drive thru banks here. Our banks are leaving town and taking away their ATMs. People started complaining and the backlash was enough for the bank to cancel their plans.

Debi said...

64 and cloudy sounds heavenly right now! How often do they sell the bulls and get new ones? I like to marinate chicken in Zesty Italian dressing before we grill it... yum!

Mari said...

Hope to see those new bulls soon!
The flowers are pretty.
I like to do chicken with Zesty Italian too.

Dianna said...

Great idea for the chicken! I will have to remember that.

Hill Top Post said...

It looks like the cattle farmers will have a good supply of haylage for the winter. Our hay harvest is way off this year because of the drought.

Connie said...

I would love to hear more about your slow cooker chicken, sounds yummy! 🐔🍗

Granny Marigold said...

What a lot of hay bales!!! Farmer Marvin sure does buy up then sell a lot of bulls. You wouldn't think there would be a need for so many bulls. Unless they're being sold all over the state.

Victor S E Moubarak said...

And another busy day for you once more. Best wishes Happyone.

God bless.

Ann said...

Chicken is on of my favorite things and I will do the same thing. I'll cook a lot and then make other things. Quesadillas sound good.

Hootin Anni said...

Chicken is good, no matter how it's served!! Lovely rain soaked field and the flowers!!

eileeninmd said...

Hello,
Love the first view! I hope the bulls return. Your chicken dinner sounds yummy. The rain keeps going around us, or we are teased with a tiny bit.
Take care, enjoy your day!

Billy Blue Eyes said...

One thing I am not good at and that is keeping the place clean, my wife tells me all the time I'm messy and she has to clan up behind me

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

It looks so pretty and clean after a cleansing rain. We had one last night and a beautiful morning so far! Enjoy your day!

Beside a babbling brook... said...

Is this farm a 1/2 way point for bulls. He certainly doesn't raise them there. But he sells them on. Wondering........

💛 💛 💛 💛

Jeanette said...

I do that with chicken too. Slow cooker with Italian dressing is really good! I've used it in salads and quesadillas and even sandwiches!

Kerin said...

I do love seeing those farms, and the bulls. It will be nice to see the new herd.

Have a sweet day :)
~K.

Debby said...

The chicken sounds good. I use the Italian dressing as a marinade and grill the chicken. (when it's not 117 degrees out) and it's so tasty. I've not done that in the crock pot.

Vee said...

Another great day where you accomplished a lot. I should haul out my crockpot and try the chicken with Italian dressing.

Deb J. in Utah said...

The big white rolls in the second picture look like giant cigarettes. ;-) I keep meeting to try the chicken with Italian dressing. It does sound good. See you again soon!