Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Tuesday, July 26, 2022

A walk, a drive, and a birthday

 62 degrees this morning and cloudy on my walk.

Walked up and down the road to the left of the main one 
and back again.
Around both of the cemeteries and then down the main road.
Over to the ball park and around there.
Then back through town and up Sale Barn a little ways
before turning around and going back to the Jeep.

This picnic area is behind the town pond
and looks like a great spot for a picnic.


Some of the weeds along the side of the roads are dying off,
but thought these had a nice color to them.


The only person I saw out was John walking his dog
but he was far away.

These empty water containers must have just been put here because
it is the first time I've seen them.


Didn't see any deer today but all those rabbits are still around.

Walked 6 miles
Victor - you will be happy to know that I found a penny! 💰


9:15 this morning we left for Bedford, Pa with the trailer of Romans books.  
It is only an hour and a half away and most of the time we are driving 
on a nice country road. It is really a pleasant drive.

Two other people were there when we arrived to help
unload the boxes of books and to help load the next
bundles of scriptures, boxes of covers, and the boxes the finished
books get pack up in.


On the way home we stopped like we usually do at Wendy's for lunch.  
Before coming home we stopped in at Casselmans to pick up a few items.

Decided to bring the trailer back home with us and bring
it back to church later in the week.

🎈    🎈

Today is my mother's birthday.
She would have been 92.
July 1930 - August 2017 
But now she is in heaven and is ageless.


Me and my mom many years ago.


That's it for today.
Thanks for popping in.
A happy day to you. 🤗
👩🏻‍🦳 happyone ❤️

Comment Replies:
Mari - Under the header there is a page called  'Walking ? ' where you will find answers to some waling questions.  I'll add more to it when I think of another question or someone asks a different one. 😄

19 comments:

Tom said...

...that plant is dock, either Rumex crispus (curly dock) or R. obtusifolius (broad-leaved dock). Those containers are great for collecting rainwater, used they cost over $100.00 here.

Hill Top Post said...

The days are drawing closer when we will begin to see more fall colors. Dock does add nice color and texture to any picture. I still miss my mother every day.

Granny Marigold said...

Even weeds can look pretty.
Happy birthday to your Mom in heaven. This month marks 38 years since my Mom died and that is exactly half of my lifetime. She loved flowers and when I putter away with mine my thoughts so often go back to when she was alive.

Mari said...

It sounds like a nice drive to PA!
Happy heavenly birthday to your mom. She and my Dad would have been fairly close in age. He was born in Mar of 31.
Thanks for directing me to your walking page. That's quite a walk!

Deb J. in Utah said...

Hi Karen. Happy birthday in heaven to your mom. Those are lovely pictures of her as a girl and you and her together. My adopted mom's birthday was July 12 and she was born in 1920 so would have been 102, but she is also in heaven. It's wonderful to know that we will see those we love again one day. Glad you had a nice day and enjoyed your drive to Bedford. See you again tomorrow!

Ruth Hiebert said...

Many times the weeds are as pretty as the cultivated flowers.

Ginny Hartzler said...

Your mom was so beautiful. So you live in Pa. My fmily is from there. These bright weeds look a bit like amaranth.

Ginny Hartzler said...

In fact, after more reasearch, I believe these ARE Amaranth!

Vee said...

What a pretty mom and you were (and are) adorable. Now I never knew that your town had a picnic area and such a nice one.

Debi said...

Happy heavenly birthday to your mom. My mom was a July baby too (the 4th!). I miss her every day.

Ann said...

That does look like a nice spot for a picnic.
You two got a really early start. That sounds like a pleasant drive though. I much prefer country roads to big city driving.
Happy heavenly birthday to your mom. Love the picture of the two of you.

Hootin Anni said...

My mother's birthday was July 22nd. Your mom is beautiful.

eileeninmd said...

Hello,
Love the flowers. Your Mom is pretty, lovely photos. Happy birthday to your Mom in heaven. Take care, enjoy your day!

Beside a babbling brook... said...

All those books... Great accomplishment!

💛 💛 💛

Bill said...

That's a nice photo of you and your mother. Happy birthday to you mom in heaven.

William Kendall said...

I've never eaten at Wendy's.

ellen b. said...

Such a cute photo of you and your mom! Glad you get to drive on a nice country road to deliver the books.

Dianna said...

What a great picnic area! Your mother and my mother were the same age. My mother would have turned 92 this past April.

Aritha V. said...

What a nice, old photo! Your om was beautiful! My mom was born in 1932.