Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Thursday, July 28, 2022

Farmer Marvin's Farm

 A cloudy morning walk and a temperature of 68 degrees
with a breeze.

Walked through town and over to the laundromat to put
up a church flyer on the bulletin board.


Since I was down that way I went over to the industrial park
and walked around there.


Continued along one of my favorite roads which is between
the industrial park and the main road.
It ends in a cul-de-sac.


Seems to me that there are a lot more Queen Anne's Lace around
this year then usual.  Not only on the side of roads but whole fields of them.


The paving people are back in town.
This time cutting out some bad sections and repaving.

John was out again walking his dog and I saw
Joy just as I was about to get in the Jeep and head home.

Saw deer again as I drove to town.
The buck again and a couple does.

Walked 6 miles

☁️    🥾    🥕

This morning Ken and I took the trailer of the new scriptures
to church and unloaded them.
All set now for next week when we will start putting them together.

A couple of weeks ago Ken ordered some new jigsaw puzzles for winter. 
 He ordered them now because if you bought 3
you got the 4th one free.
They came in the mail today.
When we have the first snowfall of the season we will start on the puzzles.


 The doe and her fawn come by most days yet. 
The fawns spots are getting lighter and lighter and she is getting big!
 

Thanks for stopping by.
A happy day to you.
happyone 

Comment Replies:
Ginny - I have another blog where I put recipes.  Karen's Kitchen.

Quite a few people left comments with questions 
about the bulls and Farmer Marvin's farm. 
 He has quite a large farm with many pastures and fields. 
He raises all the bulls and cows on his farm.  
The ones that have already been sold are the ones he keeps in the barn yard
where I take their pictures.  
I think he sells them each year about this time. 
 Here's a link to the farm and you can read all about his cattle and farm.  

23 comments:

Tom said...

...Queen Anne's Lace is a favorite of mine and we have a bumper crop here too.

Ann said...

I've always liked the look of Queen Anne's Lace.
Love those puzzles. I haven't done one in a very long time. Well at least not a real one. I've done ones on the computer.

Granny Marigold said...

Those jigsaw puzzles should keep the two of you busy for a while come winter.
I can see why that road is one of your favourites.

Vee said...

Those puzzles are great. I especially like Readers Paradise. 📚

William Kendall said...

It's been a long time since I've done a puzzle.

Mari said...

I've noticed lots of Queen Anne's lace around here too. I love seeing fields of it.
The puzzles look great and perfect for winter.

Hill Top Post said...

I can't think about winter yet. This summer has been so dreadfully hot and dry, it makes me wonder what winter will be like. Thanks for the link to Rolling Vale Farms. What a beautiful place Western Maryland is.

Bill said...

The Readers Paradise puzzle looks like a good challenge.

Deb J. in Utah said...

Hi Karen. Those puzzles look great! I bought another puzzle today too and will start doing puzzles again when it gets cold and snowy. I am wondering about the God Bless America Conference. I will have to Google that speaker. Glad you had another nice and productive day. See you again soon!

ellen b. said...

I like the Queen Anne Lace and those are fun puzzles! Getting one free is a good deal!

Dianna said...

Thank you for the link to Farmer Marvin's farm. I really enjoyed reading about it. What a blessing that it has been in the family for that many years!

I would like to do puzzles this winter. Thank you for the inspiration.

Ginny Hartzler said...

We have a huge stash of jigsaws, too. Your new ones are nice; I have not heard of this brand name. I'm off to visit your other website now!

Victor S E Moubarak said...

Always busy.

God bless.

Barwitzki said...

Many greetings to you from Viola.
It's a wonderful time to go for a walk. I wish you happy tours.

eileeninmd said...

Hello,
I love the Queen Anne's Lace too, it is nice to see a field of wildflowers.
The puzzles look nice, I enjoy working on the puzzles. Take care, enjoy your day and happy weekend.

R's Rue said...

Beautiful.
www.rsrue.blogspot.com

Hootin Anni said...

I don't recall ever seeing a field of these beautiful blooms!! Another beautiful walk-about.

Kerin said...

Lovely Queen Annes lace! I've not seen that growing wild around here, but it is so pretty!
I sure like your puzzles!
I've been 'collecting' Eric Dowdle puzzles. Whenever I see an Eric Dowdle puzzle at a yard sale, or thrift shop, I buy it, as they are quite pricey purchased new.

Smiles :)
~K.

Beside a babbling brook... said...

About Farmer Marvin... Thank you.

At first snowfall... start puzzles... that is an adorable plan.

💛🐇💛

Aritha V. said...

I love the beautiful "puzzels".

Ruth Hiebert said...

Queen Ann's Lace is so delicate and pretty. Looks like you will be having fun when the snow starts falling.

Lowcarb team member said...

Those puzzles look great.

All the best Jan

Anonymous said...

The puzzles look great.

All the best Jan
(the low carb diabetic blog)