Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Friday, July 15, 2022

Friday


55 degrees and sunny this morning when I walked.
A few clouds around also.

The morning moon.


 Walked all over town, the cemeteries and the ball park.

Lisa was out walking and since I hadn't seen her for a while
 we stopped and talked.

Sorry to say the fountain in the town pond is still broken.


Back in May I saw these trusses being delivered.
Two months later they are still here with weeds growing up around them.


Kermit is using the big rocks as decorations in his yard.
Also he is building a greenhouse out back and the rocks will be along
the outside along the bottom part.

Walked 6 miles

🌤    🥾    🌸

We drove out to Uniontown, Pa again this morning.
Ken needed a few things that he could only get at Home Depot
and the nearest one to us is there.
It'a about 50 miles away but a nice ride on a nice road.
Lots to look at along the way.

I did my morning chores this afternoon because had no time
to do them this morning before we left.

Then it was time for reading and knitting.
It's also pizza night so got the dough going in the bread machine
so Ken could make the pizza.

It's been a good day
and I wish for you a good day too.🤗
Thanks for stopping by.
👩🏻‍🦳 happyone 🙂

🍕 What I can tell you for sure is that pizza 
doesn’t come down to just recipes and formulas. 
It’s a craft. 🍕
- Tony Gemignani -

19 comments:

Tom said...

...those trusses are expensive to have them laying on the ground.

Ginny Hartzler said...

You always make the best sounding meals! It a super moon this month; The Full Buck Moon.

Debby said...

I am looking forward to making pizza dough in my new bread machine that just arrived.

Sounds like a fun drive.

William Kendall said...

Lovely skies!

Vee said...

Yikes! It must make folks kinda sick to see those trusses just lying there like that. Somebody has $ to burn.

Yes, Pizza making is a craft. I haven't quite arrived. Maybe you'd like to share some tips for better pizza making. 😉

Deb J. in Utah said...

Your quote about pizza is very true. Glad you had a good Friday! See you again tomorrow. :-)

Mari said...

So sad to see trusses laying on the ground!
I agree with Vee - please share your pizza making tips.

ellen b. said...

Our closest Home Depot is 15 miles farther than yours. It's a nice drive for us, too. Glad you could find out what the rocks are for. That's weird about the trusses. Happy weekend to you!

Hootin Anni said...

I ❤️ pizza!!

Ann said...

I wonder what happened to the project for the trusses.
I was curious to see how far away Uniontown was from me so I looked it up. It's 179 miles.

eileeninmd said...

Pretty images of the sky, moon and the pond.
I love pizza for dinner, or any time.
Have a great weekend.

Melanie said...

I have never made pizza and that's a shame. I need to try. It's too bad that the trusses are just lying there. They are probably not cheap. Have a great weekend.

Latane Barton said...

I hate it when the fountain in the pond where I live stops working. I think about all those little algae starting to grow and making life difficult for the fishes there. But, then they fix the fountain and I can stop worrying.

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

I love looking at the neat cloud formations! And I love making homemade pizza! Sounds good for tonight! Enjoy your weekend.

HWIT BLOGG said...

I make pizza often! At home! Much better and so much cheaper...
Love from Titti

Hill Top Post said...

I wonder if city officials know how much we are missing that fountain. I am thinking I need a small solar powered one for the hummingbirds.

Dianna said...

You've been having wonderful temps for your morning walks! I love being outside in the early mornings. The air seems so crisp and fresh.

Homemade pizza! Yummy!

Granny Marigold said...

I like the reflection in the pond. Looks like you had another lovely day.
We haven't made pizza for a while. Maybe it's time to do so again.

Lowcarb team member said...

Your first three photographs are lovely.

All the best Jan