Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Saturday, July 16, 2022

Birthday Cheesecake

When I went on my morning walk it was 61 degrees
and cloudy, and very calm.
No breeze at all.

Walked straight through town to the curve in the road,
then turned around and walked to the industrial park
and walked around there.

Back through town and up and down a few side streets
and finished up my usual 6 mile walk.

Roger was out walking his dog,
a young couple were out walking,
and one yard sale getting set up.

Made a collage out of some blooms along my way.


I spent a little time this morning outside with Ken.
He needed a little help with the BBQ so I went to the rescue.

Tomorrow is David's ๐ŸŽˆ birthday ๐ŸŽˆand when asked what kind of cake
he wanted, he said a Cheese Cake please.
So that's what I made today.
I left a little bit of the batter in the bowl so I could lick the bowl.

David and Liz will come by tomorrow afternoon and we will
eat the cake.
Hard to believe David will be 50 years old!!!

Found some time this afternoon to do a little knitting
and reading too.

That's all I've got for today.
Thanks for stopping by.
A happy Saturday to you.๐Ÿค—
๐Ÿ‘ฉ๐Ÿป‍๐Ÿฆณ happyone ❤️

21 comments:

Tom said...

...licking the bowl is the fun part.

Debby said...

You always have to leave a little in the bowl - that's why we like to bake...we get first dibs!

Happy@Home said...

The flowers look so pretty together in your collage. Sounds like perfect weather for your walk.
Happy Birthday to David. Enjoy that cheesecake. Glad you licked the bowl and made sure it was just right. My son's favorite dessert is cheesecake too. I have never made one though.

Vee said...

Oh when the baby is 50, it's not easy to pretend that we were just 50 ourselves a few short years ago. ☺️ Cheesecake is an excellent choice.Enjoy the party!

Sandi said...

Cheesecake sounds so good! Happy Birthday to David. 50 is young! ๐Ÿ˜Š

Granny Marigold said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY to David. He made a good choice of cakes when he chose cheesecake!! Half a century is definitely worth a special celebration.
I like your collage of pretty blooms.

Ginny Hartzler said...

Sounds like you gave him a lovely birthday. Our son is over 50. Your flower collage is beautiful!

Hill Top Post said...

I would choose cheese cake every time. Happy birthday to your baby!

Ann said...

Cheesecake sounds delicious. I always leave a little in the bowl too. Some things you just never outgrow :)
Happy Birthday to David.

Victor S E Moubarak said...

Lovely collage. Happy Birthday David.

God bless.

Bill said...

Happy birthday to david. Cheesecake sounds great and your flower collage is a pleasure to see.

eileeninmd said...

Hello,
the flower collage is lovely. Happy Birthday to David.
Have a great day and happy new week!

KEV. Robertson. said...

Yes- Baked Cheese cake cannot be missed- just delicious with cream too.

Deb J. in Utah said...

Cheesecake is delicious and one of my favorites. David has good taste in birthday cakes. Happy birthday to David. It is hard to imagine how old our children are because we remember their entire lives. My oldest turned 41 in May. Wow, I am the mom of a middle aged woman. ;-) Time goes so quickly. Have a good Sunday. See you again soon.

Jeanette said...

Happy Birthday to your son! I can hardly believe myself that both of my kids are in their 40's!

Hootin Anni said...

My youngest turned 50 last month. Cheesecake sounds perfect!

Beside a babbling brook... said...

Happy Birthday to David!!!!

๐ŸŒธ๐ŸŒบ๐Ÿ’ฎ๐ŸŒบ๐ŸŒธ๐ŸŒบ๐Ÿ’ฎ๐ŸŒบ๐ŸŒธ

Susie said...

I love that David wanted cheesecake. Made me smile. My granddaughter Sierra and daughter Kathy, took me to MCL cafeteria for lunch yesterday. It would have been Ted's 70th birthday. We shared a cheesecake in honor of his birthday. It was his favorite dessert. Blessings to all. xoxo, Susie

William Kendall said...

Cheesecake is always welcome.

ellen b. said...

Pretty flower collage. Yes, to licking the bowl. A very happy birthday to David. It's weird when our kids hit some of these landmark ages!!

Ruth Hiebert said...

Beautiful flower collage.