Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Friday, July 29, 2022

Dripping Wet

Some comments are still going into the spam folder.
Can't figure out why.
It is not always the same people either.
Just want you to know that I DO see the comments
and publish them once I do.

๐Ÿ˜ฎ    ๐Ÿ˜ฎ    ๐Ÿ˜ฎ

 66 degrees and cloudy when I started walking this morning.
Sunrise - 6:14

Saw a few deer on my way to town.
The paving people were all gathering in the parking lot
when I arrived at town.
Still some more street work to be done.

Walked to the library first to drop off a book.
Then all over town and around both of the cemeteries.

Didn't see anyone else out this morning.

I think this bush is Rose of Sharon.


Walking around the ball park loop I felt the first drops of rain.
At first it was a nice gentle rain and it felt nice and cool.


But that didn't last long and before I knew it, 
it was raining down buckets and it was windy and the rain was cold.
I ducked in under cover at the Post Office to take this picture.


From the post office I was less then a half mile from the Jeep
and headed back there.

By the time I got back I was dripping wet like I had jumped
in to the pond.
I couldn't help but laugh at how wet I was.
All the paving people were sitting in their trucks waiting for the rain to stop. 
 They probably all left because it didn't stop raining.

Didn't quite get all my 6 miles in today.
Walked 5.5

Can you find the one water drop?

☁️    ๐ŸŒง    ๐Ÿ™‚    

A good day to make pancakes for breakfast.

Got my housework finished for the day and then stayed
in the house and just puttered about.
Saw a little bit of the sun late in the afternoon.

Friday - so we made pizza for supper.

Got an email from the library saying they have two books
for me to pick up.

That's all I have for today.
A happy Friday to you. ๐Ÿค—
๐Ÿ‘ฉ๐Ÿป‍๐Ÿฆณ happyone ❤️

Some people walk in the rain, others just get wet.
- Roger Miller -

24 comments:

Ginny Hartzler said...

I DO see the rain drop! Other Bloggers are having comments go to their Spam folder, too. I made a comment to someone last night, and it went to their Spam folder. I made a nother comment, and it published! No rhyme or reason. I love your quote!

William Kendall said...

Lovely shots.

The spam comment thing continues at my blog too. Some days a dozen real comments end up there.

Tom said...

...yes, you found a lovely Rose of Sharon and here there are no water drops. I wish that there were. I like the Roger Miller quote!

Debby said...

Oh, I love the quote you used today - so fitting.

Yes, I saw the raindrop and it's a beautiful photo. I'm checking my spam folder every day now. AT least 1 or 2 will get sent there. Crazy

Inger said...

Another rainy post, you are so blessed. I just left a comment on another one, saying that if I were a young person, I would leave this California drought and move somewhere wwith rain and snow. As it is, I just have to deal with it.

Deb J. in Utah said...

You always have a great attitude, even when you get soaking wet during your walk. I hope you have a good weekend. Stay dry! I will see you again soon!

Vee said...

It is rare that you get caught in a downpour like that. Do you have plastic in the car so you don't get your seats wet? A nice cheap shower curtain from the dollar store works well. Great day for pancakes and a great day for puttering.

Mari said...

I do see that one water drop! Yes, that is Rose of Sharon. We have several of those bushes, in different colors. They are so pretty!
You really had a downpour!

Hill Top Post said...

We had rain today too. I purposely went walking in it, but took my umbrella.

Hootin Anni said...

Blogger and spam comments are the oddest. One day they get published, next day, spam! Same person. Go figure. I'd pay a goodly sum to get soaked in the rain right about now

Victor S E Moubarak said...

I found a corned beef sandwich in my spam folder.

God bless.

Ann said...

I am having the same issue with comments going to spam. Yesterday Ginny left one comment that went to spam and the second one published. Very odd.

Kerin said...

Summer rain storms are the best! I love that Rose of Sharon...very pretty.

Smiles :)
~K.

Hootin Anni said...

Lmao

Aritha V. said...

Nice post. I love rain too. In the forest it is so nice to hear the rain.
Pancakes? Mjammie.

HWIT BLOGG said...

I would love a rainy day here! My garden is like Sahara! Beautiful pictures and a nice post :)
Titti

Bill said...

Rain is nice, anyway we can't do anything about it. :) I check my spam folder everyday and clean it out. I usually have about 8 comments and they are nit all the same people. Weird, I wish they would fix it.

ellen b. said...

I do see that droplet! Oh boy, glad you had a good laugh about getting soaked. I got soaked a couple times moving the watering devices we have, I laughed, too.

eileeninmd said...

Hello,
I see an occasional comment in my spam folder but not often. It is good you do not mind walking in the rain. we could use some rain here, it keep missing us. The Rose of Sharon has pretty blooms, I like the color too. YUM, pancakes and pizza, they would both make me happy. Have a great weekend.

Ruth Hiebert said...

I guess you didn't have much choice but to get to the Jeep, wet or not. I have some comments that end up in spam as well, so I try to check that from time to time.

Lowcarb team member said...

There really is no rhyme or reason with comments at the moment, I do always check the spam folder.

Here in the UK it has been cooler but we could do with some rain.

Enjoy your weekend.

All the best Jan

Anonymous said...

I think blogger is still messing about with my comments on your blog!!!

We need some rain in the UK.

All the best Jan
(the low carb diabetic blog)

Dianna said...

I saw the rain drop! I'm sorry you got so wet but happy you could laugh about it. A nice pancake breakfast after that sounds like good comfort food.

Beside a babbling brook... said...

Yes I see the one water drop!!!!

๐Ÿ’›๐ŸŒผ๐Ÿ’›๐ŸŒผ๐Ÿ’›