Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Saturday, July 30, 2022

Blue to White

58 degrees this morning and foggy.
Near the end of my walk the fog left and it was sunny.
My walking shoes were still wet this morning and they are pretty
much worn out so I threw them out and wore a new pair.
Still have 2 more new pair.
I wear out a pair of shoes in about 4 months or so.

These geese were in the pond parking lot and all went
walking in the grass when I got out of the Jeep.


Walked through town and down the main road to the curve
and turned around in the farm driveway and headed back.


On the way back went in to the industrial park and walked around.

Didn't see anyone else out walking but did run into Ruth Ann in her yard
and stopped for a little chat.

Some old farm equipment is for sale.


 A tree in a yard had a branch split off with in the wind.


Continued walking around town till I had walked 6 miles.
Found a Penny

Clover

☁️    ๐ŸŒธ    ☀️

This morning we stopped in at the library and I picked up the
2 books that they held for me.
Miss Read books
Celebrations at Thrush Green
A Year at Thrush Green
There is one more book left in the Thrush series.

Next stop the Dollar General and then back home again.
 
Made Potato Salad for supper to go with grilled hot dogs.

I have a little shelf that I picked out of someones trash
a while ago.  Painted it blue but now I'm tired of the blue so decided
to paint it white.
I felt like Mary from White Cottage painting it because she paints almost
everything white.



While I painted Ken did a few things around outside and then
we sat on the porch for a while.

That's been my day.
A happy Saturday to you.๐Ÿค—
๐Ÿ‘ฉ๐Ÿป‍๐Ÿฆณ happyone ❤️

Comment Replies:
Vee - I didn't put anything down in the car.  Just got the seat wet!! Your idea of a plastic shower curtain though is a great idea and I'll do that.
I tried the grilled jelly sandwich for lunch and it was really good! Will make it again. I had raspberry today.

19 comments:

Tom said...

...white goes with everything!

Anni said...

L❤️VE the geese photo!!
Grilled jelly sandwich!?! That can't be bad at all...after all a Monte Carlo is good!!

Mari said...

We haven't had misty mornings lately. I'm enjoying yours.
Glad those shoes were about worn out and the soaking didn't happen to a new pair!
I love the shelf painted white. Looks brand new!
Now I'm thinking I need to try a grilled jelly sandwich. :)

Granny Marigold said...

I need to read some Miss Read soon. It's been so hot I haven't been able to be on the porch and that's my fav. spot to sit and read. Hopefully we get some cooler weather soon.
The blue shelf was pretty and so is the white one. Is it for books?

Ginny Hartzler said...

Canada Geese. This is such a lovely mist, giving everything an otherworldly effect.

Ginny Hartzler said...

What will you put on the pretty shelves?

William Kendall said...

The clover particularly draws my eye.

Connie said...

Now it looks like a totally new and different shelf . . . I love what a bit of paint can do. Great job!

Vee said...

Thank you for letting me know that you made and enjoyed the jelly sandwich. Not much in the way of protein, but golly they are easy and yummy. I have a book from that series...No Holly for Miss Quinn. I like the bookshelf white. Now are you going to Mary it up some more with graphics or an embellishment? ☺️

Deb J. in Utah said...

Hi Karen. Potato salad and grilled hot dogs sound good! I like that little shelf that you painted while. Where will you put it? Glad you had some new shoes to replace the worn ones. I am still wearing the shoes you sent me and I wear them as hiking shoes. Glad you had a nice Saturday. Have a good Sunday too!

Ann said...

Potato salad and hot dogs sounds good.
Isn't it nice how you can give something new life with a coat of paint. I like the white.

eileeninmd said...

Hello,
Love the geese photo. Hot dogs and potato salad sound yummy, a nice summer meal. The shelf does look pretty painted white. Take care, enjoy your day. Have a great new week!

Jeanette said...

Nice walk on a foggy morning! I like the bookshelf painted white.

Beside a babbling brook... said...

Lucky that branch wasn't where it hit anything..

Will look in your recipes for Potato Salad. I made some and it was "under-whelming." I need ideas. :-)

๐Ÿ’›๐ŸŒผ๐Ÿ’›๐ŸŒผ๐Ÿ’›

Bill said...

Nice misty photos. What a great find that shelf was, I would have picked it up too.

Debby said...

I like the white bookcase. You did a good job.

Dianna said...

It's amazing what a little paint can do to change things up a bit.

Grilled peanut butter and jelly sandwiches are yummy too... especially with a little sprinkle of powdered sugar on top.
.

Ruth Hiebert said...

Not that my opinion matters, but I Ike the little shelf in white.

ellen b. said...

I do like that bookcase in white!