Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Tuesday, July 12, 2022

Rock Heart

68 degrees this morning when walking.
There was a mix of sun and clouds and very breezy
which kept things nice and cool.

Walked all around town, one of the cemeteries, and the ball park.

I've passed this flag a number of times but today
I stopped for a closer look.
I'd never seen one before.



 

Saw Joy a couple of times as we walked along our routes.
Rebecca was out walking too.
I never did see that woman walking again who told me it
was her first day of walking and I'd see her every day.


When I walk I don't take water and anything with me but I do
take a piece of gum (ExtraSugarFree) and chew it when my mouth
gets dry.  Works great for me.

Always great to take a morning walk.
 In the comments yesterday some of you mentioned that I have a lot of energy.
Might sound strange but a walk actually gives you energy.

Walked 6 miles

🌤    🥾    🌺

We went shopping at the Shop and Save.
Had to go there because our ice cream was on sale and we
were completely out.
6 cartons puts us back in the black!!

Anni - Another heart picture for you.
A rock heart.
Ken used it in the BBQ that he is making.
Every time I see it I think of you.


I did some knitting and reading this afternoon.

Ken and I sat out on the front porch and watched it get darker and windy
and listened to the thunder as the thunderstorm approached.
Stayed on the porch till we started to get wet.

From the front porch.


Went inside and took this picture out the back.


Rain gauge said we got almost an inch and a half of rain.
The sun came back out but more storms expected later.

That's all I have for today.
Thanks for stopping by.
A happy day to you.🤗
👩🏻‍🦳 happyone ❤️
🙂Be the reason someone smiles today🙂

Comment Replies:
Melanie - I have another blog where I post items I make.  If you look below the posts on the left you will see the link to it.

22 comments:

Tom said...

...I wish that I knew what those tall pink flowers were. The white looks like yucca, but I can't see the leaves. It was in the high 80s here and windy, late in the day we got 10 or 20 raindrops!

Ruth Hiebert said...

I've used the gum trick as well when I don't want to carry a bottle of water.

Debby said...

A inch and a half of rain is crazy. Even in a good rainy season we never get that much in a day. Sometimes that’s just in a month. I miss the rain…I always keep my fingers crossed for a healthy rainy winter. Prayers, too.

Deb J. in Utah said...

Hi Karen. We could sure use an inch and a half of rain here. It's hot and dry where I am, although we did have some clouds and a little rain this afternoon. That Flag of Honor is very interesting. Glad you had another good day. See you tomorrow. :-)

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

I love that beautiful flag! That's one of the great things about walking...being able to observe things around you. You are an inspiration to so many with your walking and good health habits. I know I have more energy because I walk regularly but I don't walk as many miles as you do! Enjoy your evening! Wonder what flavor of ice cream you'll have tonight!

Mari said...

68 in the morning is perfect, and so nice to walk in.
I think of Anni when I see hearts in nature too. That's a good one!
Sitting on the porch watching the weather is so enjoyable. You got a lot of rain! We had what sounded like a big storm last night, but when we got up, we only had 0.15 inches.

William Kendall said...

It actually takes me awhile to get through ice cream. Not too sure why though.

Granny Marigold said...

You got a nice refreshing rain. I wish for one too.
I had never heard of the Flag of Honor so I looked it up and learned something new today.

Hill Top Post said...

Oh my, how we could use a good ole soaking rain. An inch and a half would be wonderful. I love that rainy day view out your back window.

Ginny Hartzler said...

I have never heard of or seen this flag before. It is amazing, seeing those tiny names that make up the stripes! I would fly one!

Terra said...

Your rock heart is a beauty and I would enjoy rain as we are in a drought here in California.

Victor S E Moubarak said...

Very unusual heart-shaped rock.

God bless.

Ann said...

That flag is awesome. I've never seen one of those.
I don't think it sounds strange at all that walking gives you more energy. I noticed a difference in my energy level when I was walking all the time.

Hootin Anni said...

I agree, walking gives you energy!! It works for me. Oh my stars...that BBQ heart shaped rock is a treasure!!! I love it. I really do.

I also love those beautiful flowers.

Enjoy your day ahead ...I figure 'bout now, you're on your 6mile hike
...just beginning.

Aritha V. said...

I have to walk more often. It is good for the mind. And that gives more energy.

Happy@Home said...

I've never seen a flag like that either. I enlarged your photo to get a closer look. A sobering reminder of that awful day.
I like the sounds of that heart shaped rock being incorporated into your BBQ. What a great idea.

Bill said...

Gum works for me too when walking.

Beside a babbling brook... said...

I keep sugar free "Ice Breakers" in my purse. For dry mouth. :-)

Ahhhhm, a sweet reminder of Anni, right in your yard.

We missed the storms. Just a bit of rain. I expected them and had things "battened down" though.

🍓 🍓 🍓 🍓

Dianna said...

I've not seen a Flag of Honor before. Thank you for taking pictures and sharing them.

And I agree...walking does give us more energy.

ellen b. said...

Wow, that's a lot of rain in that time. I've never seen a flag like that one. I wish our ice cream would go on sale.

Sandy said...

Pretty flowers, sounds like you had a great walk. The flag is awesome, have never seen one like it, so glad you stopped and got a picture to share with us. I often chew gum when walking also, for the same reason...but when the temps are high I always take water on my walks. We've been having 90 plus degrees many days and you really need to drink water. It's too easy to get dehydrated.

Retired Knitter said...

I totally agree - aerobic exercised done regularly like you do does give you energy. Initially as your body is adjusting to exercise it can fatigue you - but it is good fatigue!