Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Wednesday, June 08, 2022

Wednesday

 During my walk this morning it was 60 degrees and cloudy.
No sun but still good walking weather.


Didn't see anyone else about this morning.

Walked around both cemeteries and around the ball park loop.
Headed back down the main road toward home and then turned around
and walked back to town.


Pretty quiet around town even for here.

Walked 6 miles
Found a Penny

☁️    ๐Ÿ’ฐ    ๐Ÿ™‚    ๐ŸŒธ

Driving back home I noticed that there were cows in the
new pasture that Farmer Marvin bought.
Picture not that great because I took it through the windshield.
But still I sure was happy to see the cows.


Watched a deer roaming around out back for a while.




Then it was off to get some more of my house cleaning done for the week.
One of the things I did was to take all the dishes off my hutch
and give it a good dusting.
Instead of putting the dishes back on it, I found other places
for the dishes and walked around the house finding different
things to put on the hutch.
This is what I came up with.


David and Liz stopped by this afternoon and we visited for a while.

Ended up being a nice sunny spring day.

Late this afternoon Mama brought her baby by again.




Supper today was BLT's
and later we get to have another piece of birthday cake.

Thanks so much for stopping by.
A happy Wednesday to you. ❤️
๐Ÿ‘ฉ๐Ÿป‍๐Ÿฆณ happyone ๐Ÿค—

Comment Replies:
HillTop - I talk to the kitty but didn't pet it.
Victor - The $5 is for the bottle and flowers.

19 comments:

Tom said...

...I have grown hostas for years and this spring the deer are grazing on them.

ellen b. said...

Sweet to see the mama and baby! I love that old weathered fence you took a photo of. That's fun to change things up in your hutch. Hope you have a good evening!

Vee said...

Oh oh...she's eating a hosta salad. ๐Ÿคฆ๐Ÿป‍♀️ Her baby is adorable.

I like your hutch. Nice to have such a lovely anchor piece to change up.

That chippy fence with the building beyond looks like a puzzle.

Ginny Hartzler said...

I love your hutch, and the entire wall! It all looks perfect. Is that a hatbox collection? What do you keep in them? Love your cow and chicken!

Mari said...

I like that worn fence.
The little fawn is so cute!

Happy@Home said...

Was the deer eating your hosta? The baby sure is sweet.
Love how you changed up your hutch. I did that last weekend and find little changes like that to be uplifting. That is a tall stack of round boxes.

Rose said...

How nice that the deer come to visit. I like what you put on the hutch...

Deb J. in Utah said...

I like the new look of the hutch. We had some deer really close to where we are staying in California. It reminded me of the deer in your backyard. Glad you had another good day. See you again soon. :-)

Hill Top Post said...

The cattle look right at home in their new pasture. I like the new look you gave the hutch.

Victor S E Moubarak said...

And another penny found. I like the deer.

God bless.

Ann said...

The hutch looks nice the way you have it arranged.
I guess that hosta was so delicious that mamma deer just had to bring the little ones for some.

eileeninmd said...

Hello,
I love the views of the cows and the deer. The fawn is adorable.
Your hutch looks pretty. Take care, enjoy your day!

Retired Knitter said...

I love the fact that the deer feel so welcome and safe on your property. They are such beautiful animals and they have been pushed out of so many of their normal grazing places where I live. Most of my neighbors think the deer are pests. I see them as one of the beauties of nature.

Beside a babbling brook... said...

LOVE Framer Marvin!!!!

Ken does amazing rock work and etc., around your place, and on the other land!!!

Enjoy that cake!!!!

Gentle hugs
๐Ÿ’›๐Ÿ˜Š๐Ÿ’›๐Ÿ˜Š๐Ÿ’›

Bill said...

The deer must find your place nice and peaceful and love visiting it frequently. I love the picture of the fence, it's nice and weathered.

Kerin said...

I love that top picture, and that scalloped fence is the sweetest...I even love the patina on it!

Deer! So sweet with the fawn! Each one with its own personality.
(I personally don't miss the deer that used to graze in my gardens)

Your dinner sounded delish..perfect for summertime.

~K.

Lowcarb team member said...

I do like your hutch.
Lovely to see mother and baby deer.

All the best Jan

Jeanette said...

Love the deer pictures! Your hutch looks very nice!

William Kendall said...

Those deer are such a welcome sight.