Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Thursday, June 09, 2022

Last of the cake

58 degrees, mostly cloudy and very windy as I drove to town
for my morning walk.


Walked around the cemeteries, the ball park loop, and all around town.

What little blue sky was to be seen didn't last long
and looking at these clouds it looked and felt like
it wouldn't be long before it started raining.






And that is just what happened but the rain didn't last long.
Only about 3 minutes and I just got a little wet.
It was so windy that I was dry again in no time at all.

There were a few rabbits hopping about in the cemetery 
and a deer ran past me into the field.

I saw Rebecca out walking.
When I got back to the Jeep to go home I saw
Sheila's car parked there but never did see her.

Walked 6 miles

🌥    🌧    ☁️    🥾    🌸

Yummy strawberry pancakes for breakfast.
Then just had to clean the little half bath in the laundry room
to finish up my weekly chores.
(that means no work for tomorrow)

Liz had brought me a little lavender plant and I
planted it out front in the rockscape we made last year.

I forgot to take a book back to the library this morning when I
walked so after lunch drove there to return the book and
pick up one that was on hold.
Came home with a couple other books too.

It's been windy all day and mostly cloudy and on the cool side.
Temperature only came up a couple of degrees from this morning.

We will be finishing off the birthday cake this evening.
It has been very hard to just eat one piece a day
and wait until the evening for it.

Thanks for stopping by.
A happy Thursday to you. ❤️
👩🏻‍🦳 happyone 🤗

Comment Replies:
A few of you mentioned the deer eating the hostas yesterday.  She usually just takes a taste and moves along.  That is the only hostas and I don't really mind if she eats it.  I'd rather have the deer come by than keep the hostas.

Ginny - The round boxes are shaker boxes and I keep our Christmas decorations in them.  I've had them for many years.
The cow and the chicken Ken made. 

19 comments:

Rose said...

I so love your photos this day...I could not pick a favorite if I had to.

Ginny Hartzler said...

I really have to hand it to you for continuing to walk after it looked so threatning!!

Tom said...

...we had rain for most of the day, with sun late. I love that wide open green field.

Hill Top Post said...

I never cared much for hostas so it never upset me when the deer ate them up, which they did.

Ann said...

I wish I could be as dedicated to walking as you are. The way that sky looked I probably would have skipped it.

Billy Blue Eyes said...

Some nice photos of the town and area. The Wayfarers walk runs across Hampshire, if you are coming back over to do another you could try the Ridgeway long distance path or the Thames Path, they both run beside each other on opposite side of the Thames for a while near where I live

eileeninmd said...

Hello,
The sky looks so threatening, you are a dedicated walker..
Take care, enjoy your day and happy weekend!

Retired Knitter said...

When we have something yummy in the house like cake, we keep it for about 2 days - and if there is anything left after 2 days (mostly because the cake left over was more than we should eat) I throw it away. I give myself 2 days to enjoy it - then it is history - otherwise I would just gain too much weight.

Melanie said...

I usually borrow e-books from the library but the other week I made my first physical trip there. It's a 20-minute drive there but I checked out a couple books. It had been ages since I'd been in a library! Our temps are climbing here now so if I walk outside, it's usually first thing in the morning. Have a lovely weekend.

R's Rue said...

Love the photos as always. Happy Friday.
www.rsrue.blogspot.com

Nellie said...

It would be very difficult to restrict myself to one serving of cake a day! You’ve been very focused on your cleaning and rearranging this week. I need to gain some motivation from you!

Inger said...

Your header photo is beautiful and you are so lucky to get rain. I haven't seen rain for a long while and we got very little of it during our rainy season. It's pretty scary.

Thanks for motivating me to walk. I got some excellent news from my pulmonary check up.

Beside a babbling brook... said...

We have had on-and-off-showers weather too. And windy.

Sun today! But cool.... Funny weather.

But rather this than sooo hot and humid!!!!

💛😊💛😊💛

Bill said...

Strawberry pancakes sound great.
Cloudy and windy here today but no rain.

Billy Blue Eyes said...

I just remembered another walk where you start in Winchester and walk to Canterbury called the Pilgrims way which takes in quite a few churches along the route

Kerin said...

Looks like a beautiful morning for a walk.
I agree with you...you just can't beat a walk in the country :)

I never had deer (mule deer) eat my hosta, nor many of my other plants. I always tried to plant deer-resistant plants, but they did dig up a few of my bulbs and munch the bark on a few bushes, and trees.
Not having deer in our yard here has meant that I can plant a larger variety of shrubs, etc. which is fun!
I finally have a Ninebark that is thriving ...*smile**.

Have a great day!
~K.

ellen b. said...

Sounds like you enjoyed that cake to the last crumb! Yippee for being done with the household chores. Enjoy your evening.

Lowcarb team member said...

Strawberry pancakes sound delicious.

All the best Jan

William Kendall said...

Wonderfully moody skies.