Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Friday, June 10, 2022

The RockScape

Good Morning
 

When I left this morning for my walk it was 50 degrees
with a mix of sun and clouds.

Walked around both cemeteries and then along the main road
through town past our house when we lived in town and
up the hill.  


Walked back on the main road and down toward home.
Took a turn off at Sale Barn Rd and walked up there a ways
before turning around.


I noticed some milk weed starting to grow along the side of the road.


Made a left at the main road and walked another 1/2 mile
before turning around and going back to town.
Lisa was running back to town and when she caught up to me she
started walking.  We had a nice chat walking to town.
Back to town see took off running again.

It was the last day for waving to the bus drivers this morning
as it is the last day of school.
I'll see them all again in a few months.

Walked 6 miles

๐ŸŒค    ๐Ÿฅพ    ๐ŸšŒ    ๐ŸŒธ

After breakfast got some laundry done and hung out on the line.
Ken asked for them and that will be tomorrows breakfast.

When I was walking around outside this afternoon
I took a couple of pictures of the RockScape along the
driveway that you many remember we made last year.
I've put some pots around with pansies and petunias in them.
There's a bird bath and a little section with no rocks that have 
purple Liatris coming up and is where I planted the Lavender yesterday.


Some weeds have come up between the rocks that I've been
pulling out but have kept some of the ferns that have come up.

 
To the right of the picture above a bunch of wild daisies that
have popped up along the lower driveway.


Pizza night so made I the dough in the bread machine
and Ken made the pizza as usual.

No more cake so we are back to ice cream tonight.
The cake was delicious but ice cream is my favorite.

Thanks for stopping by.
Happy Friday to you. ๐Ÿค—
๐Ÿ‘ฉ๐Ÿป‍๐Ÿฆณ happyone ❤️


Comment Replies:
RK - We just eat one piece a day of the cake.  I just couldn't make myself throw chocolate cake in the trash!! ๐Ÿ™‚

Melanie - Sometimes I do get ebooks on my kindle from the library.  When it works it is great but most times it just doesn't work.  I still prefer reading a real book anyway, though it is nice to have the kindle too.  We have such a great little library in town with 3 wonderful librarians, 2 of which have been to our house.

BillyBlueEyes - I'm sure all the walks you mentioned would be wonderful and I'd love to walk them, but I think our traveling days are over and we are content to live here in the woods.  We always say we feel like we live on holiday.

20 comments:

Tom said...

...milkweed is always a treat to see. We folk sure sit on top of rocks!

Rose said...

I think I would feel.as if I were on holiday, too, if I lived in the woods!

ellen b. said...

Looks like you had a good day of walking and how nice that you could hang the laundry out to dry! Your rock area look nice with the added color! My sister and I enjoyed a chocolate bar with cherry ice cream inside. It was good but not something I'd continue to buy. Have a nice weekend.

Vee said...

Your rock garden feature is very nice. (Hope the deer doesn't find it.) Pizza night at your place always sounds delicious.

Granny Marigold said...

How nice that some wild daisies planted themselves in such a perfect spot.
Your Rockscape looks great. Do you have many birds come to your birdbath?

Galla Creek said...

I’m with you real books are best.

Hill Top Post said...

I was hoping you would post pictures of the rockscape. I enjoyed looking at all the features enlarged on my pc. I love that path through it.

Ginny Hartzler said...

What a sweet garden you have. I love the mailbox that looks like a barn!

Victor S E Moubarak said...

I like the rockscape.

God bless.

eileeninmd said...

Hello,

Your rockscape is pretty, I love the daisies. Have a happy weekend!

Ann said...

Oh my, that rock garden is amazing. I absolutely love the way you did that.

HWIT BLOGG said...

Your walks are so fantastic and beautiful! I hope I can go for a walk soon, I miss it so much!!!!
Love your rock garden - wow!
Titti

Happy@Home said...

Enjoyed seeing photos of your rockscape. The pops of color really stand out nicely.
English muffin bread sounds good. I think I need to make some soon. It makes such good toast.
I, too, prefer reading from a book.

Beside a babbling brook... said...

You two have done wonderful land scaping!!!!!

And I like this view of your home, as it shows 'where' the garage is. And the porch. Oh what a marvelous porch!!!!!!

๐ŸŒผ ๐ŸŒผ ๐ŸŒผ ๐ŸŒผ ๐ŸŒผ ๐ŸŒผ

Henny Penny said...

I've never seen so much rock in one place! Your rockscape is very pretty. I am a colletor of rocks...pick one up just about every morning on our walk with the dogs. I am trying to get enough to cover the bricks outlining our paths. To me, rock is prettier than brick. Gosh, I could bring home an armload every day walking around your place. :) Daisies are so pretty.

Billy Blue Eyes said...

Love that post box in the second photo, shame they do not have them here but we use letterboxes in the doors. Can understand you not wanting to travel where you live, last time I went away was to Florida with work, by the time I left the place I had been all round the world installing scientific equipment. Kind of rather be at home now

Bill said...

Love your rockscape, very nice indeed!

Jeanette said...

I love your Rockscape! So pretty!

Lowcarb team member said...

I think your rock area looks nice, the colours/flowers you've added looks very good.

All the best Jan

William Kendall said...

That first shot is a stunning sight.