Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Monday, June 06, 2022

Monday

Driving to town I saw two deer and some rabbits along the side of the road.
Running across the road was a chipmunk.
Boy, they can ran fast!

55 degrees this morning and once again it was sunny.
It is a blessing to be outside walking early in the morning.

Walked around both cemeteries and the ball park and all around town.


The dark spot in the middle of the picture is a horse.


 Walking from the cemeteries down Flat St to the ball park
 is another small cemetery.


A few people out walking today.
John with his dog.
Lena was with a friend.
Saw a walker I haven't seen before.
After we said good morning I said, 
"I've never seen you walking before."
She told me this was her very first day and hoped
it would be the first of many.
Told her once she made walking a habit she would come to 
love walking.  


Bill, who works for the town was at the ball park emptying
the trash cans and we had a little chat.

At Kermit's house I spotted the rooster up on the railing.
At first glance I thought it was real.


Walked 6 miles
It's been quite a while but I found a penny this morning.

☀️    ๐Ÿฅพ    ๐ŸŒธ    ๐Ÿ“

Got the sheets washed and out on the line to dry,
did a couple other chores and then went outside.

Had some more petunias to plant.
Mixed up some nice dirt, put it in two planters,
and planted the rest of the petunias.

After lunch I baked my birthday cake that I didn't have last Monday.
Ken still not back to normal so I baked the chocolate cake,
and he whipped up the whipped cream icing.
My birthday cake usually has 4 layers but this year it has 2 but
 between layers is raspberry jam.
We will be having that for our snack this evening instead of ice cream.

Finished sewing together the weave-it squares on the

It been a beautiful spring day and for that I am thankful.
Thanks for stopping by.
A happy Monday to you. ๐Ÿค—
๐Ÿ‘ฉ๐Ÿป‍๐Ÿฆณ happyone 

21 comments:

William Kendall said...

Little munks can be sprinters.

Rose said...

That rooster does look real at first glance.

That looks like a beautiful little cemetery. Sorry to hear Ken is not back to normal yet. It took our one daughter a long time to get back to normal. But she was so bad she was in the hospital for a week.

Tom said...

...I love the style of the stone just to the left of the peonies. I've seen a number of them, they must have been popular in their day.

Lowcarb team member said...

Yes, at first glance the rooster does look real :)

All the best Jan

Granny Marigold said...

My day was very much like yours except we didn't have much sunshine. At least it didn't rain.
I hope Ken starts to feel better soon. At least he's well enough to enjoy your birthday cake.

Mari said...

I think chipmunks are so cute!
I like the rooster.
Your cake sounds good!

Nellie said...

Oh, yum! What a delicious birthday cake! Chipmunks know how to scurry!

ellen b. said...

Nice photo of the cemetery! Are those peony bushes growing by those headstones? Sounds like a yummy alternative to ice cream tonight!

Hill Top Post said...

An early morning walk truly is a blessing. It was a rainy morning here so our sheets didn’t get hung outside today. Your cake sounds delicious. I love raspberry!

Hill Top Post said...

I didn’t get signed in to comment on your latest baby blanket, but like it so much. It ‘s the pink that makes it so special.

Ginny Hartzler said...

The cemetery is very well tended. Your cake sounds delicious!

Hootin Anni said...

For some reason on your baby blanket post half disappeared after I made a correction. So I deleted it sorry My comment was just trying to give a name to the light purple - I came up with smoky quartz ๐Ÿ˜‰

Now, to your Monday post...that cake sounds like a bit of heaven (raspberry is one of my favorite fruits),. I hope soon you will share photos of all your flowers you have planted. And, Ken? Feel better soon!!

Ann said...

You sure accomplished a lot in your day. I didn't do much of anything yesterday.

eileeninmd said...

Lovely photos from your morning walk. I like the rooster.
Your cake sounds delicious. Take care, enjoy your day!

Jeanette said...

Beautiful morning to walk! Love the rooster, it definitely looks real!

Vee said...

A piece of that birthday cake must have hit the spot. Sounds tummy! Hope that Ken is up to speed soon. That rooster looks pretty cute up there on that railing. A new walker! You'll be interested in her progress.

Sandy said...

Pretty pictures, such a nice place to walk. Thanks for posting a picture of the cemetery. I always enjoy exploring them.

Happy@Home said...

I'm glad to hear that you finally got your birthday cake and it sounds scrumptious. Sorry to hear that Ken is still not feeling all better. Brett has just come down with Covid.
You got a great shot of that rooster with the pretty blue sky in the background.

Beside a babbling brook... said...

How nice to come across a brand-new walker!!!!!!!

Glad you have your cake. No need to wait till Ken is 100%. But hope he keeps improving.

My Daughter in Law next door, FINALLY got *IT*. After 2 1/2 years and both the big covid and this one, have been in the house, more than once. She finally got it. She has asthma and allergies, so it was pretty bad. But she is bad!!!!!!!!!!

Hope Ken rests as long as necessary, to really get his 'old self' back.

๐ŸŒธ ๐ŸŒบ ๐ŸŒธ ๐ŸŒบ ๐ŸŒธ

Melanie said...

Your birthday cake with the raspberry filling sounds good enough to eat! :) I'm trying to get into a walking routine but my endurance is poor right now so it's short distances at first.

Bill said...

When I first saw the rooster, I was thinking he has really good balance. Now I know why. :)