Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Friday, June 03, 2022

Friday

๐Ÿ™‚ Thanks to all of you who identified the little purple flower
in yesterdays post as Tradescantia, common name Spiderwort. ๐Ÿ™‚

50 degrees this morning.
Some early morning fog around.
Then mostly sunny.
Sunrise 5:50
Walked 6 miles

Driving to town I saw three deer and two rabbits, all a block from home.

A little mist over the pond.


Walked back down the road toward home that I just drove up.


Turned down here and then turned around just up ahead and
walked back to town.


Continued right through town to the Dollar General
and then walked around the industrial park
and then back through town to the pond where the Jeep is parked.

Didn't see anyone else out today.

Snapped this picture of the fence that Farmer Marvin is putting
up around his newly purchased property.
I live down at the end of this road.


๐ŸŒค    ๐Ÿฅพ    ๐ŸŒธ

 Did the usual everyday house chores.
Nice sunny day so spent some time sitting outside reading.

After lunch I was outside pulling weeds out of the stones.
Did that for about an hour.

Got some more knitting done too.

The Poinsettia that I bought back in November is still
hanging in there.  The leaves coming in now are green.
Very surprised that it is still alive.


That's all folks.
A happy Friday to you ๐Ÿค—
and thanks for stopping by.
๐Ÿ‘ฉ๐Ÿป‍๐Ÿฆณ happyone ❤️

Comment Replies:
GallaCreak - I think you may have read the miles I drive into town wrong yesterday.  It is only a little over 2 miles at 2.2 miles - NOT 22 miles.

20 comments:

Lowcarb team member said...

Love the photograph showing a little mist over the pond.
Amazing that your Poinsettia is still okay.

Enjoy the remainder of Friday and have a good weekend.

All the best Jan

Galla Creek said...

I do need glasses…ha. Really I have a new perscrption but haven’t ordered new glasses yet.

Tom said...

...things sure are green in your neck of the woods. I've never been successful with poinsettias.

Vee said...

My poinsettia is still hanging in there, too. It doesn't look like yours or even close. I had to trim it way back so I have a wee little plant. I don't know why I bother.

So is Farmer Martin your neighbor now? ๐Ÿ˜Š

Rose said...

It sure looks pretty where you live...I love the shot looking down the road--roads. The last one really appeals to me though. Looks like Farmer Marvin is putting in a nice strong fence.

William Kendall said...

That mist is a nice touch.

Mari said...

Your walking pics are always so pretty!
You had a productive day.

Nellie said...

It sounds like you are feeling improved. How is Ken feeling? I’ve never had much luck with poinsettias. They will turn green, but they don’t ever change to red later.

Hill Top Post said...

That's a nice fence the Farmer is putting in. I've never had much luck with Poinsettias either, but I think I have read they have to be put in the dark for a period of time before the leaves will turn red.

Victor S E Moubarak said...

Wonderful countryside.

God bless.

Hootin Anni said...

I was all set to mention the gorgeous pond image with the rising mist ...but OMG, the poinsettia!! You are the only one I know who can keep one alive so long after the holiday. What's your secret?!!

Ann said...

I always enjoy seeing pictures of where you walk. It's such a lovely area.

eileeninmd said...

Beautiful views from your walk. I love the shot of the pond.
Take care, enjoy your weekend!

Lowcarb team member said...

I especially like the first photograph.

All the best Jan

Anonymous said...

Posting as anonymous again, in the hope that my comment will stay as published!!!

Love that first photograph of the mist over the pond.

All the best Jan
(from the low carb diabetic)

Deb J. in Utah said...

Hi Karen. Good for you for keeping your Poinsettia alive! I have no luck at all with Poinsettias. I hope you have a good weekend. :-)

ellen b. said...

Farmer Marvin doesn't waste any time. How fun that the poinsettia is doing well. If it stops raining I might go out and pull some more weeds! Hope your weekend is good!

Beside a babbling brook... said...

It warms my heart, to see that lovely country view, which Farmer Marvin is preserving!!!

Please tell him, he is a Hero, to one of your Readers.

๐ŸŒผ๐ŸŒผ๐ŸŒผ๐ŸŒผ๐ŸŒผ๐ŸŒผ

HWIT BLOGG said...

LOVELY country views and a beautiful walk...
Always so nice visiting your blog :)
Titti

Jeanette said...

I love the morning photos! I haven't had a poinsettia plant for a very long time because they are toxic to cats. Yours looks good though!