Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Saturday, June 04, 2022

Another Beautiful Morning

 Another beautiful morning for walking.
50 degrees, sunny, with a slight breeze.

First walked over to the library to drop a book down the book drop.
Then headed up the hill to the school.


Across from the school and up just a bit is a farm pond.


Continued walking down this road a ways before turning around
and heading back to town.


Once back to town I walked down the main road past the
Dollar General to the curve in the road where I turn around
and walked back through town.

Didn't see anyone else out on this beautiful morning.

Walked 6 miles

☀️    🥾    🙂    🌸

Put a couple of chicken breasts in the slow cooker and poured
some Zesty Italian dressing over them and that took care of supper.

Made a trip to the dump to get rid of our garbage.

Went outside again and pulled some more weeds out of the gravel,
a never ending job.

Read and then made more weave-its.
I'll sew them together this evening and then will only have
to make 14 more squares to complete the baby blanket.

Made mashed potatoes and broccoli to go with the
slow cooker chicken for supper.

It's been a good day and for that I am thankful.
Thanks for stopping by.
A happy Saturday to you. 🤗
 👩🏻‍🦳 happyone ❤️


Comment Replies:
Jan - For some reason sometimes comments are being put into the spam folder.  I then have to remove them from there and publish them.  I don't always get to the spam folder right away.  I HAVE been seeing your comments though and they do get published once I take them out of spam. 🙂

Vee - Farmer Marvin is not a next door neighbor but is a neighbor already.  He owns quite a bit of farm land and is just expanding with this new property.  As you probably know already he is the one who has the bulls.  The barn that I take a picture of often with the silo is his too.  Also the fields that surround the cemeteries and also along Barn Sale Road.

Anni - Don't have a 'secret' for the flourishing poinsettia but I give it a good watering once a week holding it over the sink and letting the water drain through.  It sits in a window that gets the afternoon sun.

18 comments:

Anni said...

I hope to remember And Do Just That to see if I can have one survive over the winter (Poinsettia). Your dinner sounds delicious. You had me at mashed potatoes! Looks like a perfect morning for a walk.

Tom said...

...a gorgeous day here too. I try to weed my gardens a bit each day so they don't get away from me.

Vee said...

The quality of the light is beautiful at whatever hour of the morning your walk was. ☀️

Ginny Hartzler said...

Looks like there is a good variety of different areas for you to walk. I would not be able to walk past the Dollar Store without going in, though!

Rose said...

Your pictures convey the feeling of such a nice day.

I meant to comment on the poinsettia...maybe I didn't because I can't remember the details. Mom had one that she had for years and years. It was probably two ft tall the last I remember it. She always put it in our basement in the summer. It and the Christmas cactus. I don't remember if she gave them water occasionally or not, but assuming she had to. The poinsettia would look about dead, but she would bring it up in the fall at some point and it and the cactus would usually be blooming around Christmas. (Our basement did not get much light.)

Mari said...

Your dinner sounds very good! Crock pots are a wonderful thing!

William Kendall said...

A lovely day.

Nellie said...

Your pictures capture your lovely day beautifully! We’ve had a lovely day here, too! That’s a great idea for dinner! I’m sure it was tasty!

Deb J. in Utah said...

Hi Karen. I might try that way of cooking chicken. Thanks for the idea. How long do you cook the chicken breasts in the slow cooker? I will scoot on over to your recipe blog. Maybe you have posted directions there. Thanks and have a lovely Sunday!

Ann said...

What a beautiful morning that was. It was kind of like that here too.

Barwitzki said...

A nice walk during the day is worth its weight in gold :-)) Pure relaxation.
I love good cooking.
A warm greeting to you from Viola

eileeninmd said...

Hello,

It does look like a nice day on your photos. We had a beautiful Saturday too.
Your dinner sounds delicious, I like using my slow cooker. Take care, enjoy your day and the new week ahead.

Jeanette said...

Slow cooker chicken breasts with Italian dressing is my go-to way to cook chicken! I've used it in salads and on sandwiches, too! Looks like a perfect day for walking!

Debby said...

Even the yellow line in the road looks pretty

Billy Blue Eyes said...

I think I would fall asleep driving along those roads. The place looks a very pretty one to live in

Retired Knitter said...

Chicken and zesty Italian dressing!! I’ll have to try that.

Lowcarb team member said...

Many thanks for your reply regarding the comments :)

Your dinner sounds delicious.

All the best Jan

ellen b. said...

So nice that you are getting lovely walking weather. We've been to the dump twice in a couples week time because we changed out beds/mattresses in two rooms. I'll check out your Sunday post now and wait to see your Monday one soon.