Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Tuesday, June 21, 2022

Finished at last

Happy First Day of Summer.

It was a cloudy morning walk and 58 degrees.
Sunrise 5:49
Sunset 8:48

Deer were roaming around out back when I got up.
Saw a deer on the way to town.
Then saw two more off in the distance in this empty lot in the tall grass.


Had a nice walk all over town, both cemeteries and the ball park.

Lots of rabbits hopping around again.
I counted 6 of them!
Nice variety of birds too.
Red Winged black birds
Killdeers
Bluebirds
Swallows
Mourning Dove
and the usual Crows and Robins.

Rebecca was out running.

Don't know what this flower is but thought it was pretty.


Walked 6 miles

☁️    ๐Ÿ™‚    ๐ŸŒธ    ๐Ÿฅพ 

Another day of working at church trimming the Romans books.
Happy to say we are now finished.

We worked from 9:30 to 1:30 with a break in there for lunch.
Packed a lunch of salami and provolone cheese sandwiches,
some potato chips, and cherries for dessert.


It took us 4 days but we have 48 boxes each with 
420 Romans books in them. 
That comes to 20,160.


In a few weeks we will be loading them up in the trailer and
bringing them to Bedford, Pa to Beacon of Truth where they will be 
shipped to missionaries who will hand them out to anyone
who wants them.
This bunch will be shipped to I believe Central America.

Stopped at the library on the way home to pick up another
book I had reserved. This time that was the only book I left with!

When we got home I gave all the plants outside a good watering.
Here's some pink petunias and this year I bought some black ones
which I think are a pretty strange color for a flower.


Working on making weave-it squares for July's baby blanket
and have quite a lot done already.

I remember when you used to have a new follower on your blog
that you could click on the name and it would take you to their blog.
  Now you can't do that and you can only see their blog if
they leave a comment.

Well that's all I have for today.
Thanks for stopping by.

๐Ÿ‘ฉ๐Ÿป‍๐Ÿฆณ happyone ❤️
๐Ÿ™‚ Be the reason someone smiles today. ๐Ÿ™‚

Comment Replies:
Melanie - Yes, stray cats count. : ) Yes, the Romans books are handed out like tracts.
It is called the Fingerprint Ministry in our church.  Here's a post about it.

24 comments:

Nellie said...

Blogger has changed a lot of things! I was once able to discover other blogs more easily. Always lovely pictures of your walking. It has been a hot day here! Welcome to summer!

Tom said...

...I believe that your pink flower is Spirea salicifolia.

https://pfaf.org/user/Plant.aspx?LatinName=Spiraea+salicifolia

Ann said...

No idea what the pink flower is but it sure is pretty.
Way to go on finishing all those books.

Jeanette said...

Funny you mentioned the black petunias. I just saw a pot of them this morning on my walk! They are strangely pretty, I think!

Rose said...

Blogger has been that way for a long time with the followers....I don't know how long. I just started to look to see someone's blog and could not. Also, I don't know if you ever look at the html of your posts, but used to you look there and it told the image number of your photo, or however I named it. Now it is just doesn't. (I used to use that number to see when a picture was taken, or just to find it for whatever reason.)

Those flowers are so pretty...

William Kendall said...

Lovely flowers.

ellen b. said...

YOUR group really puts out a lot of those Romans books. Amazing. That's a lot of fun wildlife that you saw on your walk. Those black petunias are very unusual. Happy Summer to you!

Debi said...

I tried to find black petunias but could not. A YouTuber I follow posted a photo of black hollyhocks and black petunias and I thought they looked so pretty and unusual. Your flower barrel is lovely. Do you have a link to a pattern for the weave it squares? I think I would like to give it a try. Enjoy the rest of your week.

Ginny Hartzler said...

so THAT is why I sometimes have trouble finding a new follower! The black Pansies are very cool, and so unusual. The fuzzy lavender flowers are beautiful, I don't know what they are either.

Debby said...

The fuzzy pink flower is pretty and the black petunias are new to me. Very striking in a white pot with maybe either black stripping on the pot, checked or polka dots.

You can see your follows if you go to your stats - then followers. Blogger makes things hard because slow but surely they want to ditch us. Just a suspicion. Look at all the negative changes - nothing new.

Now will you be taking the books to PA?

Linda said...

I saw deer today too. Always a treat, as long as they aren’t eating my garden.

Mari said...

I love that nature shot with the deer. Those fuzzy flowers are pretty.
I think your Fingerprints ministry is really amazing. What a way to touch lives all over the world.

Deb J. in Utah said...

Hi Karen. I really like the black petunias. Wow, you have really worked hard on all of those books! How long before you will have to do more? I hope you have a good Wednesday! See you tomorrow.

Hill Top Post said...

And happy first day of summer to you! "Deer in Tall Grass" is a great picture! I love the colors. I am still amazed at the huge amount of work you two have put into the Romans books.

HWIT BLOGG said...

I like the black petunias! So special! Yes Blogger can be strange...
Have a beautiful day and take care :)
Titti

Victor S E Moubarak said...

Amazing how you are always so busy.

God bless.

Bill said...

The flowers are pretty. Lots of critters out there in the morning to greet you on your walk. Have a wonderful day!

eileeninmd said...

Pretty views of the deer and flowers. I wish blogger made things easier not harder. Take care, enjoy your day!

PayPal money forever said...

Truly precious words ๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ’•๐ŸŒบ๐ŸŒบ

Vee said...

Yes, many things are going backwards and that is also true of blooger (purposely misspelled). I think we are not highly favored in the great www. ๐Ÿ˜ I am grateful that the platform has remained up all these years.

Congrats on finishing all those Romans booklets. Incredible!

Your photos are always wonderful. Did you get the black flowers because they are unique? They sort of fade out...

Galla Creek said...

I think the bloom is Rose Spirea.

John's Island said...

I always enjoy your photos. Neat photo with the deer in the distance. I’m with you on the flower photo … worth sharing without needing to know what it is. It’s a beauty! Very nice work on the Romans books.

Happy@Home said...

The fuzzy pink flower is very pretty. Not sure if I have ever seen one like it.
Great job on the Romans books.
I hadn't noticed the change when clicking on followers. I'll have to check it out.

Granny Marigold said...

It occurred to me as I was reading about all the Romans booklets finished and ready to deliver that You prepare the Word of Life to share and my hubby helps to prepare food for the needy ( Soup pf life?). Today he came home and told me they received 72,000 pounds of cabbage ( which will be chopped, dried and added to the soup mix). A recent shipment went to Cuba and a man came to talk to the volunteers and said how much it was appreciated. I think next shipment is destined for Guatemala.