Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Wednesday, June 22, 2022

34 years

 

This morning when I went walking it was 68 degrees
with a mix of sun and clouds.

Walked around town and past the library and dropped a couple
of books down the drop for Ken.

Headed over to the industrial park and walked all around there.


Walked around the ball park loop a couple of times and then
back to the Jeep.
I was a bit earlier than usual and didn't see anyone else out.
Figured I'd take advantage of these light mornings.

On the way home I saw a half dozen wild turkeys running
in the field.  Tried to get a picture but wasn't able to.

Walked 6 miles

This month is my walking anniversary month.
Started taking morning walks back in June of 1988, 34 years ago.

🌸    🌤    🥾

Ken has been cleaning up in the basement and had quite a lot
of junk to throw away.
So Ken loaded up the back of the truck and we went to the dump.

Got some house cleaning done this morning and some laundry
hung out on the line.
The clothes were already dried before lunch.

It was a nice sunny day so spent some time outside.
Did some weeding.

Then it was nice to relax and sit on the front porch and read.

Life Is Good

Thanks for stopping by.
A happy Wednesday to you. 🤗
👩🏻‍🦳 happyone ❤️
🙂Be the reason someone smiles today.🙂

Comment Replies:
Tom and Galle - Thanks for identifying the pink flower of yesterday as (rose) Spirea  Salicifolia.  

Debi - This LINK will explain all about weave-its.

Debby - I can find the followers of my blog, just can't get to their blogs by clicking on their name like I used to do. 
Yes, we will take the Romans books to Bedford and when we do we will pick up the next pallet to do.

Deb - The Fingerprint Ministry at church is once a month. It was just different this month with so much work because of the cutter being broken for the past few months. 

Vee - Got the black petunias just because they were different and I'd never had them before.

Three Debbie's had questions and did you notice all three
spell their name differently.
My daughter's name is spelled
Debbi 

23 comments:

Debby said...

I'd love to walk in your area. So pretty.

Vee said...

Happy Walking Anniversary! You certainly are tenacious. That's a good thing.

Mari said...

34 years of walking! Good for you!
I need to be working on my basement...
My brother just had a wild turkey banging on his basement door. He said when he opened the door to check, he thought for a minute the turkey would come right in! But, he got scared and ran off.

Susie said...

You are so amazing walking faithfully for that long. Wish I had your good feet and grit. Blessings to you for many more years of walks. xoxo, Susie

Nellie said...

What an accomplishment to celebrate! Good for you!

Kerin said...

Nice going! Congrats on your walking anniversary and for being so dedicated!

Have a lovely evening :)

~K.

Tom said...

...34 years is quite an accomplishment.

Ginny Hartzler said...

I admire how long you have been so dedicated to your walking!

Connie said...

34 years of morning walks . . . I am impressed :)

Billy Blue Eyes said...

34 years that is some commitment, well done. I wish I could be like that.

eileeninmd said...

Wow, 34 years of walking, that is dedication. I do not see the wild turkeys here, maybe just a few at a time. Take care, enjoy your day!

Ann said...

I used to walk a lot but have never been as dedicated to it as you are. 34 years is a lot of walking.

KEV. Robertson. said...

Hi KAREN- 1988? 35 years ago- this is a long time ago- I started a new career in May of 1988 and it seems another world ago...starting a new job on your Birthday is something you don't forget easily. Stay well there. Cheers. KEV.

Victor S E Moubarak said...

It's been a while since you found some coins. Take some money with you on your walks.

God bless.

Jeanette said...

One of many beautiful mornings for a walk!

Pom Pom said...

Happy walking anniversary! Wow!

Bill said...

Very impressive to achieve 34 years of walking.

Rose said...

Wow, 34 years! That is a lot of walks...I hope you have many more and continue to blog. I like seeing what you see and hearing about what you do.

Debi said...

Thank you for the information on the weave it squares. Yes, I did notice that all the Debbie's spelled their names differently. When I was in school there were three other Debbies and all were spelled Debbie, including mine. One day there was a nasty writing on the bathroom wall about "Debbie". I didn't want anyone thinking it was me so I asked my mom if I could change the spelling of my name and, bless her, she said yes.

Bonnie Schulte said...

WOW, When I read 34 years, I felt faint..(grin) well very, surprised, You are an amazing woman. I had no idea, as I've been reading your blog for a little while now, and did not know this was a "life" style for you, for so many years. Again..all I can say, AWESOME..You truly are an amazing woman!!!!!!!!! Love reading your blog...

William Kendall said...

I like that first view.

Retired Knitter said...

Wow. Stunning. 34 years! Happy Walking Anniversary!

ellen b. said...

Wow! Congratulations on all your faithful walking years! Such a good habit you've developed.